Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS - a thought for you

JAGS, I recall the year my div. one got promoted to Premier (only to come right back down but that is not the point) and we were 14-2-2. We won the last 12 games in a row.

BUT!!!!!! One of our two losses was to some shite team from North Van who won only one frigging game all year and that was 1-0 over us. The ref that day made sure we didn't win. It can happen especially if you don't get those homer refs on the North Shore.

DCR looks good but it sure won't be easy. Someone may have to run the table from here with no losses or ties to win your group.

You were probably having some fun, but I'd be more fearful of the worst team in the table than others - just in case you DCR partiers get too partied up the night before.

Quite frankly, we are pulling for you so don't let us down and get over confident.

I 'd love to see how many loyal Clan Alumni gypsies and the hired 96er guns would be with their teams next year if they don't win promotion. Could be some teams folding if they don't win.
Kind of exciting isn't it.
:p ;)

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Opponents

JAGS Quote:

"... DCR is not currently on top of the tables. However, they should be and will be - one game in hand and easy opponents left to play"

Jags, you really should know better than that.

Easy opponents? When it comes to winning promotion, the "easy ones" are always the toughest - for any team. The points are always up for grabs, and that's why the games need to be played, you pinhead. If the league followed your logic, we wouldn't bother playing the games at all, and base the final table results entirely on which team has the best players, unis, pitch, etc.

Your post suggests that Meralomas are an easy opponent, although you forget that we thoroughly kicked your sorry asses back up to the North Shore in November playing "sexy" football.

Your remaining games are against Clan, 96ers, PGR(twice), and Shitty. I look forward to seeing how you and your mates fare down the stretch. If you're not careful, it will be your team that ends up in a relegation spot - and I don't care who you've added to your squad!

Mehmet.

G

Goodtimes

Can someone please tell me who this "Jags" character is? My initial assumption would lead me to believe that he is undoubtedly a twat. Can someone confirm this for me.

What is all this chatter about "sexy" football. Dazza and his Mermaid companions are hardly "sexy".

My thoughts on promotion:

1) Even though I think Piper is one crazy lookin baller who looks as if he is out on a "day pass" each and every Sunday, he and his mates are definitely a talented bunch. My bet would be for DCR to win promotion. Clan is a solid team, but lack the class necessary to hold it together to win the sought after spot.

2) PGR are going to make a solid run at teams like RUFC and the SIKH ball stealers. We are starting to play well again, and we hope to put in a solid effort in our remaining 5 games. The relegation race will be owned by Shitty, but the Mermaids and Peggy Oldies will be in the "second loser" bunch. Even though I despise the Mermaid jerseys, I would like to see the likes of Dazza and Mehmet stay up....to trade the piss with. Could care less about Pipsqueak, but he should register with a youth team anyway.....he would "fit" right in!

Reccos, makes a good point.

PGR Goodtimes

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twat???????????

PGR-GT,

Twat??? My Missus has called me that a couple times, but I kept disagreeing with her. I guess I am one based on your analysis of my two most recent posts.

You might be correct that "Sexy" doesn't go with the Mermaids style of football. I think this type of football went out the window when Fastshow left the team. I know Dazza is still broken up about this loss.

I agree that DCR is a good side with a lot of talent. They SHOULD have an EASIER time in the final few games than the other teams near the top. This is based on the records of the opponents they face versus who Clan and '96ers have left. I hope I've made myself clear. However, I'm sure Moe Sihota's campaign manager from a few years ago can give you some helpful advice on putting a spin to this statement.

Mehmet - Thanks for pointing out that the games are played on the field, blah blah blah, and the league should not follow my logic. I never understood, until now, why they never promoted the teams with the best kit. Thanks for clarifying this key point for me. If I need help on other points similar to "why we need to play the games", I'll be sure to seek your advice - Ask Aunt Mehmet? Doesn't flow as well as Ask Aunt Jinky?

"We thoroughly kicked your sorry asses back up to the North Shore in November playing "sexy" football". 3-1 is not a kicking. So,why is it now a "shite kicking" and back in November, it was a close, hard fought match between two hard working teams? You failed to point out that we beat you 2-0 back in September on our home pitch. Mehmet, you are falling into the trap of selective reporting. Watch out or someone might call you a "pinhead". In fact, if you look at the home and away results, it was 3-3, but the edge goes to Peg/Oly with the away goal. I believe they call that 4-3 on aggregate.:p

Reccos - you makes solid points on your post. My point again is that DCR has the EASIER schedule, but they still have to face some hungry teams. Sometimes teams are more hungry trying to avoid relegation than they are trying to gain promotion. I can say that because of the spot we find ourselves in. We had a good run against Clan on the weekend and a good training session last night. With 5 games left for us, we control our own fate - the two against PGR and the one vs. Shitty are the key ones for us.

Daz - your winning goal against us wasn't "Sexy" - it bounced off your knee as you dribbled towards the goal - What about the offside?????:D:D:D

JR

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sexy stuff

Jags,

It definitely didn't go in off my knee. I timed the run in behind you defence to perfection, brought it down with an excellent first touch, and finished it in style, over the advancing Mario. Fcuk that felt good. But, little did I know what was coming. Our supersub, Henry twatted a beauty right in the top corner shortly afterwards, and it was all over!

It is going to be very interesting coming down the stretch. The pressure is on Peg as far as I'm concerned. I have always felt that they were a dark horse for relegation. The games between PGR and PO will be interesting.

dazwhoislookingforwardtorufctomorrow

:D

G

Goodtimes

For the love of God, would the two of you TWATS shut the hell up. No one cares!

PGR Goodtimes

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza

That great goal you are talking about, was that by the famous ex- fat bastard Clay "Henry" Loma and Subway Clubcard holder.

His name is Henry, Clay Henry

He's a PLUMMER and a DAZZA fan from Lomas.

He got real big on burgers and fries

Now's he's down to a smaller size

Gets his might from his Veggie Delite

Great taste every day from his local Subway.

:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens cider,

Don't bother congratulating me on my uncannily accurate Survivor prediction.

Ingrate.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No predictions for the weekend.

Just got in from training and it's waaaayyy too wet. All games will be off this weekend.:(

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour grapes.

Originally posted by Reccos

I 'd love to see how many loyal Clan Alumni gypsies and the hired 96er guns would be with their teams next year if they don't win promotion. Could be some teams folding if they don't win.
Kind of exciting isn't it.
:p ;)

Just because you and your sorry lot had no hope of ever getting promoted no need to shoot your wee trap off. Just sit there from your lowly hole and watch Clan in the standings where you never could be. At least now the team is made of SFU alumni, not sorry rif raf from all over the shop.

Jack is the Lad.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack the Idiot on all Threads

Jack the inarticulate is more like it than Jack the lad.

If you had read the post by Sid on the FVSL thread you would see that he has already stated and named names of players that he says will move to ALU if Clan don't get promoted.

I won't bother replying to the shite crap you mention as the last thing I am going to is get into a debate with crap like you. Some of the stuff you are saying about people in other posts is pretty sickening. Take the piss, but use your fcuking limited brains to think first what you are saying.

BTW, why don't we just wait and see who does win the slot for promotion and then see what happens. :D Ask Sid if he is just shitting us or if he has those guys coming.

In the meantime there are a few questions people are asking you that you seem to want to avoid.:p :p :p :p :p

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

That was quite impressive, yet I never doubted your greatness. I guess Eathen won't want to sign with us any more. Our signing bonus of a free Veggie Delight, from my friends at subway is not so atttractive to him now after winning. Ahhh, winning, that's something else we have a problem with.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To clarify the Jack Post

Despite the post above and the comments about the rif raf and myself as the Coach of last year's Clan Alumni, Div. 1 team, let me clarify how the rif raf should be thanked, not attacked by those classless fcuks.

All we had to do was lose the last game of the year to Sikh Temple and then blow the relegation playoff game with Bosna and put Clan Alumni into Div. 2. If that had happened, would any of these guys be playing for the Clan now? I think not.

And we still would be with Sapperton as their Div. 1 CAT team with some of the guys now on their Premier side.

We could easily have blown that last game to Sikh Temple because the players were being shite on by the new Clan guys, and this is how most of them found out we were toast this year.

But we didn't blow the game and they have the franchise and the chance to win promotion.

Just for the record, the final score was 2-2 to give Clan the one point and avoid the playoff. We blew a 2-0 half lead, but as tempting to quit as it was, we hung on for the final half with Sikh Temple all over us. Now if I had taken out my best players to make the bench happy, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0