Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 13 Results & Banter

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TWU vs Sparta
Celtic vs Dynamo
Delta 91's vs Aldergrove
Temple
vs Knights
CMF Titans vs Razorbacks

TWU isn't as bad as their record shows, however they move the ball well but don't create much in quality chances. Sparta by a couple.
Celtic vs Dynamo, we have always had good tight matches in the last few years, going to be a tough battle vs Sub's mob come Saturday.
Delta 91's vs Aldergrove, Grove will be to much for the 91's, 3 nil
Temple over the Knights by 3
CMF over the Razorbacks by a couple, I would have to give this MOTW.
Although with how this year is turning out I wouldn't be shocked if all my guesses are wrong. At least I can predict correctly, that Burnaby Metro will not field a squad this weekend.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2 - Celtic 2.

Rainy match on a short grass field which Celtic definitely adjusted better than we did. I felt we controlled more of the play, but they created more actual goal scoring chances with many longer balls creating footraces vs. our d men. We were not able to open the field up enough to use our speed.

Celtic went up 1-nil, IMO against the play a little bit and we countered making it 1-1, Celtic went up 2-1 at roughly 60 min mark and we pressed but had little luck getting into the attacking 3rd. Celtic keeper made a save on a partial breakaway with about 6 mins left to keep them in the lead. We managed to score late, roughly in injury time to get the draw.

Full credit to Celtic for playing the way they do, its not flashy but it gets the job done year after year. We struggled on the grass and kept getting away from our game plan.

My Apologies to "bandana" who I exchanged a few words with..... I was sensitive about my linesman duties =)

Good luck next week... we have a beer... I mean a Bye!

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2 - Celtic 2.

Rainy match on a short grass field which Celtic definitely adjusted better than we did. I felt we controlled more of the play, but they created more actual goal scoring chances with many longer balls creating footraces vs. our d men. We were not able to open the field up enough to use our speed.

Celtic went up 1-nil, IMO against the play a little bit and we countered making it 1-1, Celtic went up 2-1 at roughly 60 min mark and we pressed but had little luck getting into the attacking 3rd. Celtic keeper made a save on a partial breakaway with about 6 mins left to keep them in the lead. We managed to score late, roughly in injury time to get the draw.

Full credit to Celtic for playing the way they do, its not flashy but it gets the job done year after year. We struggled on the grass and kept getting away from our game plan.

My Apologies to "bandana" who I exchanged a few words with..... I was sensitive about my linesman duties =)

Good luck next week... we have a beer... I mean a Bye!

You get my vote for liney of the year, can't wait to see u hoist the golden flag at the awards

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You get my vote for liney of the year, can't wait to see u hoist the golden flag at the awards

Lol... Funny thing is I get a hard time from my own players for being way too fair (always giving benefit of doubt to opponent with balls going out of play, and I never indicate whose ball it is, as we are supposed to only indicate a ball out of play)... so when someone questions me... I get a defensive.... I should have yelled at Russ (the official) for blaming me for his bad call

Sub.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 91s vs aldergrove
Temple loses 3-2 to knights wow big result for tbl and company
Rbacks 2 bagel over coquitlam metro ford

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 91s vs aldergrove
Temple loses 3-2 to knights wow big result for tbl and company
Rbacks 2 bagel over coquitlam metro ford
Wtf is going on in this league. I had a discussion with the backs coach sat night. Like he said, with the exception of ccb, anyone can win every game they're in.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol... Funny thing is I get a hard time from my own players for being way too fair (always giving benefit of doubt to opponent with balls going out of play, and I never indicate whose ball it is, as we are supposed to only indicate a ball out of play)... so when someone questions me... I get a defensive.... I should have yelled at Russ (the official) for blaming me for his bad call

Sub.
I thought Russ did a solid job Saturday, Refs get a lot of grief week in and out but I thought he had a solid solid game. Nice to meet you btw Sub, always nice to meet a fellow TTP'R.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
no match report from the infamous dark knight ? how did the ref screw you guys over this week? :rolleyes:

TBL nice to see you guys out in surrey early in the year compared to years past where these games didn't mean as much in mid-late jan, big 3 points for your lot.

lmessi.10

Dec 2, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
no match report from the infamous dark knight ? how did the ref screw you guys over this week? :rolleyes:

TBL nice to see you guys out in surrey early in the year compared to years past where these games didn't mean as much in mid-late jan, big 3 points for your lot.

oh I'm sorry what?

Attachments

• huh.png
    huh.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 73

lmessi.10

Dec 2, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
here's the game report anyways...

Temple ended up getting a red card within 5 minutes of the game, 1 on 1 with the goalie.. goalie fouled the player - being last man - could've gone either way a yellow or red - but a red was given... full credit to Black Knights as they ended up potting 2 goals .. We tied them just before the half.. They ended up scoring with about 35 minutes to go in the Second half and sat back...

shite game by our team but no excuses... Black Knights did what they had to win..

playing with 10 men majority of the game - our team didn't play as bad - we had more possession but possession doesn't win you games.

on to the next one.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh I'm sorry what?

i know what the standings are and thats fine we'll be lucky to stay up, however for the guys that stayed back in div 2 to 'stack' a team and win everything, if you can't beat teams like red devils, knights at sparta at this time of year...forget about playing in april or may.....

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
here's the game report anyways...

Temple ended up getting a red card within 5 minutes of the game, 1 on 1 with the goalie.. goalie fouled the player - being last man - could've gone either way a yellow or red - but a red was given... full credit to Black Knights as they ended up potting 2 goals .. We tied them just before the half.. They ended up scoring with about 35 minutes to go in the Second half and sat back...

shite game by our team but no excuses... Black Knights did what they had to win..

playing with 10 men majority of the game - our team didn't play as bad - we had more possession but possession doesn't win you games.

on to the next one.

good luck next week, sparta is a good team

lmessi.10

Dec 2, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
i know what the standings are and thats fine we'll be lucky to stay up, however for the guys that stayed back in div 2 to 'stack' a team and win everything, if you can't beat teams like red devils, knights at sparta at this time of year...forget about playing in april or may.....

our team will be fine... better to get it out of the way now then later when it is april or may..

you're on these forums quite a bit - not criticizing but you've always got some sort of input - something to say..
you should take care of your team first... 1 win and 11 losses.. doesn't look to pretty..

good luck the rest of the season........... o_O

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0