Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 11 Results & Banter

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Black Knights vs Metro Ford Titans
Celtic vs Delta 91's
Dynamo vs Temple MOTW
Aldergrove
vs TWU
Sparta vs CCB India
Razorbacks vs Bye

Knights will still be missing players due to the destination wedding and will be in tough vs a strong titans group. Titans by 3.
Never seen the 91's play but im sure they will be young and fast should be a tough game come Saturday on the grass.
Dynamo vs Temple should be a cracker! Dynamo by 1 or 2 though.
Grove to take out TWU by 2 or 3.
Sparta over CCB India by 4 or 5.
Razorbacks to take the win vs BBY Metro this weekend or the bye, what ever it is, no one from the opposition will show up.

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade the Delta91s have two real quick guys up front that they try to feed over the top over and over and over and over and over again.. I think you get my point. When we played at their pitch the field was tiny.. Had our keeper punting the ball into their 18 more often then not..

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol ThiKu is right.. When we were there we thought we had the turf.. But nope, that cow patch was our field...

G0R@

Sep 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like the MOTW is going to be postponed... Why? None of us truly know the answer. Speaking as an outsider, and someone who has no biases towards either team (proud EDC FC supporter), it truly is shocking that such a thing could happen. Word on the street is that Dynamo phoned the SFC coach and told him that their was a youth tournament at Willoughby this weekend, and the field had been double booked. I looked into this, and surprisingly to me, that couldn't be further from the truth. We maybe there was a Langely youth team that was playing on the field at the same time? After looking through the schedules, from U12-U18, once again I was baffled... No one had been booked on the field, other than the "MOTW" between Dyanamo and SFC. So then I started to delve deeper, and found out that Dynamo's top striker had been issued a red card in a game against CCB India, and was unable to play this weekend against the SFC team. Surely this couldn't be the reason that the mighty Dynamo would be postponing the game. Could it? After all, the game is to be played on turf (no rain cancellations) and there was no other team on the field at 4:00. Perhaps it was because the Premier team was playing on the island and had called up a few of the Dynamo players for the game? But not the all mighty Dynamo, for they are a deep squad that has a goal difference of +30, and a record that is unblemished. It could also come down to the fact that a few of the SFC players took work off on Saturday so that they could attend the 4:00 kick off in Langely. Not only have the Dynamo taken work hours and money away from the SFC players, they have destroyed the MOTW and put a bad taste in everyone's mouth who was salivating at hearing the outcome of this heavy weight match...

I could continue with further banter, but I will leave it to the masses who will respond adequately on my behalf. Confusion, apprehension, or just plain scared? You decide.

Dark Knight

Sep 26, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like the MOTW is going to be postponed... Why? None of us truly know the answer. Speaking as an outsider, and someone who has no biases towards either team (proud EDC FC supporter), it truly is shocking that such a thing could happen. Word on the street is that Dynamo phoned the SFC coach and told him that their was a youth tournament at Willoughby this weekend, and the field had been double booked. I looked into this, and surprisingly to me, that couldn't be further from the truth. We maybe there was a Langely youth team that was playing on the field at the same time? After looking through the schedules, from U12-U18, once again I was baffled... No one had been booked on the field, other than the "MOTW" between Dyanamo and SFC. So then I started to delve deeper, and found out that Dynamo's top striker had been issued a red card in a game against CCB India, and was unable to play this weekend against the SFC team. Surely this couldn't be the reason that the mighty Dynamo would be postponing the game. Could it? After all, the game is to be played on turf (no rain cancellations) and there was no other team on the field at 4:00. Perhaps it was because the Premier team was playing on the island and had called up a few of the Dynamo players for the game? But not the all mighty Dynamo, for they are a deep squad that has a goal difference of +30, and a record that is unblemished. It could also come down to the fact that a few of the SFC players took work off on Saturday so that they could attend the 4:00 kick off in Langely. Not only have the Dynamo taken work hours and money away from the SFC players, they have destroyed the MOTW and put a bad taste in everyone's mouth who was salivating at hearing the outcome of this heavy weight match...

I could continue with further banter, but I will leave it to the masses who will respond adequately on my behalf. Confusion, apprehension, or just plain scared? You decide.

Dark Knight

Sep 26, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dont know how I reposted that but I wont reply till I hear some answers also we have a feild available sun at newton..

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa crazy, I'm sure sub will post a response explaining it. However regarding the premier team on the island that shouldn't make a difference as players would be normally cup tied and stuck with that team, unless there are different rules for pacific cups

Hurricane09

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm not sure what to make of why or how you came up with that ridiculous conspiracy theory... But you couldn't be more wrong. Are you at the bar with Jimmy Jones?

The Dynamo respects every opponents personal time, but that nonsense doesn't even deserve to be qualified. They would never try to postpone because one player was suspended - it's a team sport.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure what to make of why or how you came up with that ridiculous conspiracy theory... But you couldn't be more wrong. Are you at the bar with Jimmy Jones?

The Dynamo respects every opponents personal time, but that nonsense doesn't even deserve to be qualified. They would never try to postpone because one player was suspended - it's a team sport.

I'm sure sub wouldn't do that, remember he took the dynamo to bby to play (a home game) in bby vs bmsu !

Probably just a big misunderstanding blown out of proportion. Hopefully if there are any dynamo guys going to the island they're all good for Sundays game. Should be entertaining.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lol. Your a Donk.

Pretty simply explanation, and the news came to me at the same time it did the Temple coach via email from Thomas.

If you check the schedule you will see that our Premier team was also scheduled for 4pm on the same turf, however they were in fact away on the Island. Our Premier manager gave back the 4pm field booking to our youth club assuming that they didn't need it. He never thought that there would be another team in their spot. Simple mistake and he was pretty disappointed with himself when I talked to him late last night. We get in trouble if we don't use the fields we have booked (never mind the $90 it costs) so I understand trying to be proactive. It is usually safe to assume that when two teams share a field, one is home and one will be away but with the uneven schedules (Especially with teams folding - BURNABY) it is obviously more difficult for Thomas to schedule games perfectly.

We quickly agreed to play away in Temples available sunday night slot, even though we would have had a better roster tonight. Thanks to Temple for making the hasty arrangements.

Its about playing soccer each and every week, which is why I am always more than willing to move games around to get them played.

Thanks and good luck to everyone playing this weekend.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa crazy, I'm sure sub will post a response explaining it. However regarding the premier team on the island that shouldn't make a difference as players would be normally cup tied and stuck with that team, unless there are different rules for pacific cups

Just to qualify your statement, D2 players can play in that Island cup, however I have no players participating.

Sub.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 4-1 Delta 91's. They showed up with 10 men and we scored in the first minute and then in the 10th. after that we took the foot of the pedal, it stayed 2-0 at half. We came out much better at the start of the second but they got a PK and made it 2-1. That was their last shot as we really took over after and potted 2 solid strkes to finish off 4-1. Onto next week vs BBY where we will work on our finishing at the pub, im positive on a lot of good results.

light knight

Sep 8, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 6 dynamo 0

Great all around performance by temple. Both teams had all top players in the lineup. Props to langley dynamo for playing a clean game right to the final whistle. Classy and respected lads. Congrats to temple for a solid complete game. Goodluck to both teams rest of the way.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 6 dynamo 0

Great all around performance by temple. Both teams had all top players in the lineup. Props to langley dynamo for playing a clean game right to the final whistle. Classy and respected lads. Congrats to temple for a solid complete game. Goodluck to both teams rest of the way.
I think I'll be the first to say holy fcuk didn't see that coming. Nine the less makes the battle for promotion a lot more interesting. Congrats in the win light knight. I'll post a half way through thread and next weeks matches thread in the following days.

crazyuncle..

Nov 18, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
long time lurker finally decided to post..

Any Dynamo guys give me some information on TEMPLE? as we play them in the upcoming weeks and it'll be a big game for us.. to stay middle of the pack or get pushed down too far.. ?

how are there forwards? midfield?
any key players to watch out for?

any recap from DYNAMO players on how that 6-0 game went down?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0