Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wedding ring prices, what's expected?

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey everyone thought I would throw this out for a chat. We were discussing this topic at work today and it had a wide variety of answers. Very interesting to see what people say they would spend and then what they actually end up spending.
Ofcourse there's the old saying of ' 3 months salary', well that isn't always possible especially living in the lower mainland. And it does depend on the type of girl: princess would definitly want a min. of 10,000, where the sporty homebody might be happy with 2,000.
My preference, white gold between 5,000 to 7,000. Anytakers????

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just my 2bits here.....I have been married 8 years, my wedding ring is a simple 3/4 car gold solitare(SP) cost 3000. est. I now find it abit dated so I bought a simple silver thick banded ring with a tiny diamond and it cost 125. at the mall... 3 off my friends also said their rings at the time were beautiful but many years later a bit much, and updated....Less is more

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aspiring-to-be-married guys: spend $750.00 on her, and see what happens. Women who think that the price tag of the ring directly correlates with "your love" for them should be kicked to the curb.

Be smart and put the 5-10K on a house down-payment.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Translation: Dude bought his engagement ring from the Safeway Chicken Egg Machine.

"Hey buddy, spare some change for a wedding?"

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did, I did. Worst thing is that the cnuting machine ate my first quarter, so I had to dig deep for a second.

Fcuking vendor machines...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buy the ring when you are laid off or going to school, tell the girl that you have been saving it for the right girl since then.
I have found a great selection of rings while drinking $2 Pints down at Cambie, these Ring Salemen are such nice guys.

hos

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
been there twice, ahh to be young and stupid. First one was the extravagant 5 carat can't bend my finger ring, and the second turned my fingers black from the cheap gold neither worked so it's not about the ring. IMO and yes this is going to sound cheesy, if I am willing to wear it, to call you my partner, it can be the 25 cent gumball machine ring.

"remember diamonds are forever, but so are the payments and your relationship with her may not be."

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody agree with the idea that women who expect $5K to $10K wedding rings take a lot longer to find a man to marry than someone who doesn't?

I spent about $4k on a smaller diamond (.5carat) but went for clarity and color instead. Could have gone with a diamond twice that size that had a pretty yellow haze to it but decided against it. :rolleyes:

As Dude says, save your women's knuckles from draggin on the ground with a giant rock and use it to put towards your kids funiture or house if it would make the difference.

I will say, don't buy it from a jewellry store, find a private guy and have it made the same as the one in the jewellry store. You can save a good chunk of money that way, then tell her you spent what it would have cost you at the store.

Not that i did that.
:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I spent about $4k on a smaller diamond (.5carat) but went for clarity and color instead. Could have gone with a diamond twice that size that had a pretty yellow haze to it but decided against it. :rolleyes:

You know too much about this stuff.

I think I bought Mrs. Dude's on my lunch break while working some dumb part-time college job at the mall. Yes, I remember it well: I helped Mrs. Jones into a nice new pair of Nike Air Pegasus shoes so she could jog her fat ass around the block once or twice in hopes of shaving 70 pounds off her 5'2", buck ninety frame. She was dressed nicely enough, and did have a nice big diamond on her finger. She stank like a martini lunch, but it was 11:00. After washing the smell of feet of my hands, I trotted (yes, trotted) down to the Mappins to spend my hard earned part-time cash on the least ugliest ring I could afford. Luckily, you could see the diamond, with the aid of a microscope. Lucky for me :rolleyes:, Mrs. Dude feigned excitement really well in those days (I can tell when she's faking pretty easily, now), and chose not to put me out of my misery right then and there.

Honestly (because I've never been honest before)...I've always been turned off by women who are stuck on the size / quality of the rock their man buys them. I think they truly believe that they "deserve" it, in some fcuked up way. It's a fcuking stone. The only good that it's for is investment purposes, full stop. It has no other useful function, except to get the poor sap a really good fcuk once in his soon to be drone and dead married life. Isn't it enough that I buy my wife a goddamn house with a nice cnuting white picket fence (actually, ours is green)? Christ...for $4K, I can take the family to the Bahamas for 10 days. Better, I can buy myself half of a nice new DH rig. Now we're talking...

Any cnut who wastes more than $1K on a ring is one stupid...erm, cnut.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thinking...

And it is off topic...

But I bet Fasty is lurking about, reading this thread, and dying inside not being able to reply...

Hi Fasty! What time is it? :D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Aspiring-to-be-married guys: spend $750.00 on her, and see what happens. Women who think that the price tag of the ring directly correlates with "your love" for them should be kicked to the curb.

Be smart and put the 5-10K on a house down-payment.
Have to agree with Dude here, but let's take this on step farther...

Forget the wedding...elope! Pay the $100 bucks for the peice of paper, pay the $100 bucks for the guy/girl to marry ya, and put the rest towards a house. With the housing market the way it is, you need every penny you can scrape up to get something that isn't going to cost you a bundle in renovations.

Save the $10-15,000 that you will spend on the reception and the repairs that the hall will need when your friends destroy it in their drunken stupor!!!!

Just one man's opinion, that has been married twice...to the same bird. :(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
It has no other useful function, except to get the poor sap a really good fcuk once in his soon to be drone and dead married life.

Do you think by chance that your drone and dead married life is directly related to the wedding ring you started it off with?

I think most people would agree that your soon to be wife has already pried your financial details out of you over the last few years and knows what you can afford. I'm sure that if you couldn't afford the ring she wanted she wouldn't still be with you.

But if she really loves you she'll accept whatever the **** you give her like a real wife should!!!!

:eek:

Then of course you go out and get exactly what she wants when that doesn't work.
:p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think by chance that your drone and dead married life is directly related to the wedding ring you started it off with?

Right Yoda..that's it. :rolleyes:

Little do you know, my married life is exciting...why, yesterday I mowed the lawn. Sunday, I took the boy to hockey, and even swam with the kids afterwards. :eek:

Saturday...now that was a cracker. We went back-to-school shopping. You should have see the discounts...totally gnar gnar. :eek:

No flies land on you, do they Yoda?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lionheart-you should have made this a poll :D

I think you can get good deals on nice rings. I'm not one for a big gawdy ice rink that draws attention.... I'd rather a smaller, nice style, quality cut. It's not worth spending tons of money on, it's only an object and they usually get lost or stolen at some point.

A guy on my coed team lost his scuba-diving on his honeymoon.... thank gawd for insurance! :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts