Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Website Developing

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since most on here have incredible computer knowledge of putting together a website I was wondering about cost. I have a client whose band would like to put a website together as Myspace is just not comprehensive enough for them. They've had some quotes for around $1000 but they think it's too expensive. I told them I'd find out if that's a good price or if I can find someone who could do it cheaper. I figure there's no better resource than TTP so please let me know.

Cheers

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL site was put together for less than $1000. That'll put things into perspective for you Stallion.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion:

The VMSL site was thrown together from a templating kit and gets updated with word files and lots of italics and underlining. If you want something that looks decent consider a more accurate budget of about $5000 (to start). Yes, your little brother in Grade 9 can do it, but it will show.

Yes, you can probably find somebody to put a site together for you for less than that, but you definitely won't find somebody to look after it for you. Development is just the up-front cost. How long will it take? Depends on the complexity of the site. Good graphic design takes time. Flash work takes even longer.

If MySpace isn't comprehensive enough, then they will have to find somebody to host it for them. Most doing so charge for traffic to a site, especially if a band has samples available to download.

Somebody will also have to maintain the site. Bands tend to like things like being able to let people know where they are playing, or when they are on tour or releasing discs, so you need to be able to update it. The more interactive content (ie chatrooms, forums, etc.,) the more maintenance required. For our low-quality corporate site, we pay $225 a month for this dubious privilege, and for hosting.

Wonderful stuff...

Trece

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
www.signcorp.com

7400.00 so far and still some more to go as we are trying to setup a second site for our alberta office. there is a web reference to what we paid.
What you should be doing is taking some of that web money and hiring some fcuking people to actually install the signs you sell.

Seriously.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not my department. A bunch of other stuff was done onsite regarding our crap system we have. He is doing all the hosting and setup a bunch of 24 email addresses for our various people to use. there is also a couple of things not installed yet where our customers can enter service requests online. I really have not been involved in any of this stuff. It has been my Bro's department.

KNVB,
YOu are his only mission monday. He will be there 9:30am. if he any later than that let me know and i will hunt him down and kill him. If i could hire a second guy to do the work who is ticketed i would in a heartbeat. Maybe even 2. There is no way to get the ticket you need to actually do the work and the guy you have seen is our highest earning hourly employee and makes more a year than I do. He is not very fast but is somewhat reliable so what can i do.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0