Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Weak side

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to state a little known fact to all who say that the "B" side was the weaker division.

11 of our 19 points this year came against the "A" side, with wins over Serbia, Burnaby, and Metro Ford. And ties with Croatia and Argentina. We lost close one goal games to both Surrey and Sportstoon.

I think if everyone on the "B" side got to play Serbia twice, we'd also have the stronger division.:confused:

Just a thought.;) :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy,

Don't worry... We'll do our side proud and put all this nonsense to rest in more ways than one :D

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not 100% sure but, I don't think Croatia lost a league game to anyone on the B side.

But then again they were at full strength when they played the B side. Except for that draw against Sporting where they were still missing 6 players.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy

I agree the teams in Side A were much better off than our side but circumstance and timing has a lot do with it as well. For example Croatia after Christmas were a totally different team.

In other words I think "the luck of the draw" has a lot to do with it. I think you guys were a little more fortunate than us. For example you were able to take advantage of some great opportunities that were thrust on you:

-Beat Serbia (woopdidoo)
-Beat Burnaby (without Miller and Morris)
-Tied Croatia (before Christmas)
-Tied Inter (The Ref (Branco) botched that big time)
-Tied Argentina (they had nothing to play for)

However you did beat MF and you did beat us so well done on taking full advantage of those situations.

stillbittersandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo Good Team

Sandman

Still bitter, eh, well that will all end in 12 short months. You guys are going to be the class of Div 1. 14-1-3-45 points is my prediction for you next year. No one will challenge you. To top it all off, the year will be much more enjoyable. I predict 2-0 at half 15 out of the 18 games.
Back to the Premier, at the same time Sporting will be in for a tough ride. They will end up battling it out with Milan.

Hey Sandman, I'm still bitter at missing the BCs last year.

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldnt it be simple to find out the weaker side?
Add up the number of points on each of the sides and see which is higher. Of course, take into consideration if one of the two sides had more ties when analyzing the results.
If done, this would favor Sportstowns side as being the more powerful side.

Cant anyone come out and say that they are equal?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts