Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

War in, on and over Iraq

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuking yanks'll get us all killed........

Yet more proof that America is only going to war VERY reluctantly, as a last resort....

The American supermarket chain Wal-Mart has defended it's military-themed Easter baskets, reports the Star Tribune in Minneapolis. "The 'Military Force' basket has four miniature assault rifles and a handful of other toy weapons, including hand grenades, knives and assault rifles," reports the paper. "The 'Soldier Force' basket includes a 'Peacekeeper Force' action figure and a kid-sized hand grenade and stun gun.

"To connect the Prince of Peace with these kind of toys for war seems to be on the edge of obscene to me," commented the Reverend Craig Johnson, a bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.

But a spokeswoman for the manufacturer of the baskets, Megatoys, riposted: "One of the comments that they made was that it had nothing to do with the resurrection. I said, 'Well, neither does a bunny.'"

"To connect the Prince of Peace with these kind of toys for war seems to be on the edge of obscene to me,"

On the 'edge' of obscene, eh, reverend? Wouldn't want to upset Walmart by calling a spade a spade would we? Might lose some of your fcuking Lutheran congregation of God-botherers.......... fcuking disgusting.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ted Turner Loving the Ratings

CNN is all over the War, it is the Ultimate Reality Show, round the clock coverage of Baghdad and the U.S. military campaign.

It makes me sick, the reporters are just waiting for something to happen, and someone to die.

Hussein is now making the American look bad by not responding to the fire, and thier quest for his head.

The Bullies are at it again.

Bush, The Secret Weapon is Ready, Any Target that Fly's by gets Hit, Kill % = 100%.

HOS:mad:

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
War on Iraq

I was sitting on the fence as far as the US attacking Iraq, and then it happened....They interupted Seinfield to show Bush make a speech to the Nation...Damn you USA!!!! Damn you!!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB...

Since you started it, why don't we hear your views on the subject...:confused:

I'm speechless because it doesn't seem to be such a big deal in this part of the world...it damn well should be:(

+SCwhoistiredofseeingjetfighterplaneslandinherbackyard:mad:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pantomime.......

It's sick that reporters from all over the world are knocking about and getting in the way of the myriad batallions of completely unnecessary force in Kuwait. All Saddam need do is watch the box to see what's going to happen next.

The Toxic Texan will happily do whatever the oil and coal company bosses tell him to in return for the $50 million they contributed to his presidential campaign. 'The greatest democracy that ever existed' is what the fcuking yanks trumpet to anyone who will listen. Trouble is, they say it so much they start to believe it themselves. Consequently, our global village is experiencing global warming like never before as the global village idiot goes about the task of altering the face of the Middle East to his own satisfaction. He could learn a thing or two from Michael 'I know how to rear children' Jackson. The first little op to 'improve' the face may seem a good idea at the time but soon you'll need a second to correct the problems caused by the first then a third, a fourth, a fifth. Before long, and after a shitload of blood and stitches, you realise that you've made a complete cnut of the whole stinking project, the entire mess starts to fall apart and you can no longer even tell the difference between black and white.

You know the world's gone mad when I start to agree with the French and Hun governments and Celtic are in the semi-finals of the bloody UEFA Cup.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC meets Taiwan

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

+I can't even listen the only English Radio station in Taiwan b/c the BBC has taken over the universe:mad:

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with SC about it not being a big deal in this part of the world. The only people that seem to be talking about it are the foreigners.

At least you have the BBC, SC. Every night at about 8 BBC World gets dubbed in Japanese, not even in Korean. That leaves us with the American Forces Network to bring us their completely unbiased coverage of events. :rolleyes:

I too am tired of planes buzzing overhead. It was bad enough when it was once or twice a week, but for some unknown reason they've now got the habit now of buzzing us and hitting the afterburners at 7am.

The one direct positive to come from this for me is that the GI's stationed here have a new curfew of 7:30pm, leaving Seoul footloose and Yankee free.

One can only hope for a speedy end to the conflict that avoids more civilian deaths.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is ridiculous about the TV coverage is how much it is made to look like a fcuking movie. Tonight I was watching some little pipsqueak with his fcuking gas mask on, telling the world(with a fcuking grin on his face) how wonderful it is to be a part of the 3rd infantry. Next, they switch to a fcuking poof in Kuwait City, who was telling us about the three missiles that were directed that way and how he promptly put his cnuting gas mask on. This coverage is nothing less than disgraceful. Of course the helicopter that crashed and killed 16 American/British soldiers becomes moot, when these fcukers are telling the audience that they can't tell us where they are for strategic reasons. It is enough to turn one off watching an obviously significant event in our lives. Fcuking cnuts. Once again, the Yanks have stuck their nose into something they shouldn't have, and of course, the poncey Brits(sorry, Mr. England) follow along. Mr. Blair should be fcuking sorting out Northern Ireland before worrying about being a puppet for Mr. Cnuting Bush.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
world's going madder still.........

I agree with you, Burnsie. There I said it. How could anyone with sense not?

My Britain includes Northern Ireland as I feel I might have mentioned to you once or twice fairly recently. I'm also a big advocate of the Commonwealth as both an economic and polictical (non) entity. Four words......... Ro bert Mu gabe.

Sick.

It is enough to turn one off

I'm just chuffed you're finally admitting the monarchy ain't all that bad by adopting a royal we of one's own..........

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's 9:07AM on Friday. Hmmmm?

Didn't go out last night, so it's not the "feel the love, disco biscuits."

I don't touch the sauce until at least 10:00AM?......alright, alright 9:30AM....better hurry up with this, then.

I've had my daily meds? Check.

Why oh why do I agree with both Fastshow and...gulp....the Captain?

The genocide in Africa by force (Mugabe) or viral (HIV) makes the entertainment section in the high-brow USA Today. But God forbid if petrol goes up to $2/gallon. Sick. Fcukin sick.

C'mon Bush-diddy. Your going to get sued for copyright infringement. Not only was "Wag the Dog" more entertaining but the "cause" was somewhat believeable to the lumpen proletariat (representin'Keeper). Your story is insulting to even Guinness' intelligence.

Get tae fcuk.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm currently watching the fcuking Yanks playing "Let's Drop a Bomb and Pretend to Avoid Iraqi Civilians". The fcuking cnuts have hit a couple of residential homes leading to a retired general saying, "We have to show the people of Iraq and Hussein's government, that we can be worse than Sadaam Hussein."

Rather: "There have been reports of a residential area being hit."

General: "We never said the bombs were perfect. We are doing our best to avoid innocent civilians but that is not always going to be possible."

No fcuking kidding, you fcuking cnut.

CaptainwhofeelsveryfortunatethatBuckyandFastyareonmyside...:)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slow Day for the U.S. in Baghdad

They are ONLY sending in 3,000 Missiles into the City today, each one searching for Saddam.
It is a great show for CNN, but why don't they wait for Prime-Time viewing, the ratings would go through the roof.
The explosions look Cooler at Night, thats what this is all about, testing out all our new Killing Tools.

3,000 missiles, how may body doubles can the guy have, I guess there are a lot of Middle-Aged men with the Dirty-Sanchez Moustach in Baghdad.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Axis of Evil Wannabes, by John Cleese

Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil,"
Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil," which they said would be more evil than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are Just as Evil...in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils...best at being evil...we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil.

"They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An Axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift,
as within minutes, France surrendered.

Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what became a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil," forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil," while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really As Just Generally Disagreeable."

With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs
filling up...Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics."

Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About America," while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain established the "Axis of Countries That Be Allowed to Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick." "That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps
making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axis, although he rejected the establishment of the Axis of Countries Whose Names End in "Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application.

Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but
privately, leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fenian Supports War

Wow, it is amazing how many hippies are on take the piss. Listen, it goes without saying that noone wants war. However, your sorry for the people of Iraq only starts this week. I never read any posts about the terrible abuse handed to the Kurds in the North, or chemical testing on the people of Iraq, or in a football connection, the fact that Saddam's son takes players on the Iraq team who played shite and shaves their head and beats them. Jump on the Americans for helping out people with no voice. Yeah that's sensible. How about jumping on Canada for being GUTLESS and standing back and allowing Saddam to live in seven palaces, feed himself and his supporters, invest millions in the army (really showing now), while the regular people are left without democracy, a voice and food.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never read any posts about the terrible abuse handed to the Kurds in the North, or chemical testing on the people of Iraq, or in a football connection, the fact that Saddam's son takes players on the Iraq team who played shite and shaves their head and beats them

No one ever said Saddam was a hero. I'm sure he is a cnut. However, since the British soldiers have been beating Catholics in Norther Ireland for the last 30 years or so(excluding the last couple of years, why didn't the Yanks go in and attack fcuking England? Not fcuking likely. What about the people in Cuba? A lot of the African countries? The Yanks pick and choose their bullying tactics, only when it's convenient. Now it is time to show they still have all that power, even after 9/11. It's a good thing they got Bin Laden. Next thing you know, they will pretend to get Hussein too.

As for the tactics used on soccer players, that's not bad. It would certainly get the point across and produce more results. I'm pretty sure that's what they did with John Hartson after the penalty miss on Sunday and he responded with a cracker yesterday.

This guy must feel like a real modern day hero. What a fcuking accomplishment.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Power, you're wrong...

The kids in my classes are talking about IT and running around playing war. Every now and then a kid says 'Teacher, the USA "bang bang bang"'.

And guess what? My fcuken BOSS wants me to ignore the 'war play':rolleyes: :mad:

+SC
Cappy, we're getting the glorified version, except, these people are behind their desks gloating :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the discussion with my high school students this afternoon :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0