Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VYSA and Marpole FC

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politic'ing all through it with District, league, bcsa, clubs including the one crying foul all with paint on their hands....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find myself torn on what’s right and wrong. Obviously right is parents getting out of the way and letting kids play. But so much of the landscape is a mess. Clubs are held to BC soccer regulations(some follow close) some probably skirt these rules. Then you have the teams playing club and then academy as well so they can circumvent the rules. Also Academy teams now playing under clubs so they can play in the league play on Saturdays and academy the rest of the season.

Not this issue entirely I guess. life isn’t fair is what I always come back to when I get wound up. But it’s hard to watch as kids you are developing thru a club come up against these hand picked teams from all over the lower mainland that train an extra couple days a week as they aren’t regulated. Honestly you can’t keep up.

I don’t think the clubs are angels either in the grand scheme of things. I’m also not sure what’s right. Do kids play here enough? No. So i get the people doing extras, paying extra. However I think playing more should be at the park with friends, maybe adults organize but it’s uncoached. How many of these academy kids going 6-7 days structured since 6 years old love the game and want to play by 24 years old? I know countless whitecaps kids that are a mental mess in their early 20s.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Marpole issue is youth soccer politic'ing at its worst. The reasoning has nothing to do with development of the sport or the kids playing in that club. Everything to do with organizations at odds with each other.

IMO, if a child can develop to their highest potential playing around with friends thats great, encourage that, nurture that. If an academy setting provides that for the child, why not. Probably a mix but definitely not 1 size fits all.

One thing is for sure, excluding teams and kids from being able to play and compete with their peers, that is 100% detrimental to the game, kids, development.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) The MP for Steveston-Richmond East bemoaning the state of his kid's Marpole soccer team... classic

2) The article doesn't actually come close to explaining what the issue is - anyone close enough to it to comment?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One part of the story is that Marpoles enrollment and team count fell below the line established by the district for inclusion for league play.

Parties need to get together and find the line thru the trees to let these teams play as Marpole or Van-whatever.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if this is a good solution or not, but I do give them credit for coming up with a comprehensive solution quickly

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts