Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vmsl Vs Fvsl

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So to put this debate to bed once and for all, the Valley was out scored 20 to 3 in Provincial cup play this year. The only team to get out of the first round was Peace Arch and they only had to beat another valley team. Then subsequently got thumped 6-0 by Surrey U.

So really the two leagues are about as far apart as you can get. Discuss, but it's going to be moot.

Sorry I forgot the Rangers game... 1-0 :eek:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bite me

Take out the two thrashings and then what do you get Einstein/shite disturber?

So, no credit whatsoever to PoCo's OT/PK loss to the Argies who in turn got a dodgy OT call which sunk them against Gorge?

Also, what about those lowly Rangers (A Div. 1 valley side) taking Sapp to task and losing on an absolute fcuking cracker goal that NOONE would have stopped, which side in turn knocked off one of the favourites last week?

Nice try Bronco.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why the fcuk would I take out the TWO THRASHINGS? They're part of the point. If you want to sugar coat it and say.... well, two of the 5 teams gave a good effort , but came up short, go ahead. Your only fooling yourself.

The Argies are a poor team. Period. They came out flying but, showed they can't stay at that level. The fact that Poco gave the Argies a game means nothing. They still lost. You'll see this weekend when Sapp lay a beating on Gorge that they are poor team as well. (Gorge that is)

I give WAB dues on one thing his team does rise to every occasions and they equally lower them self to the competition. Not taking away from your 1-0 loss Ranger, but you lost! Yourself and Poco played a couple of great games I'm sure, but if you were as good as a VMSL team should have won. Right?

Stirring more shite because I'm bored, KNVB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never claimed the FVSL was better, just that the gap was narrowing. I am disappointed no team went further than one round (PA does have an * beside their name in this category). It would have taken a little more favorable draw for one of the better squads to advance a round or two. That said, I would argue that the Rangers and Poco both put in good showings.

I still think the gap will continue to narrow over the years...it just appears it won't be this season. Scoring troubles seemed to have hurt Poco near the end of the season. It opens a bit of a new debate: will teams like Poco now make changes to address scoring? In addition to that, are there too many good young players in the FVSL club systems being held back because it is too hard to break into an old boys club? I can think of a few very good, impact players that have remained a little too loyal to their 1st div teams, and don’t seem to be getting the acknowledgement they deserve from their own clubs. Delta looks to have a good system, if they can only fix the attitude deficiencies.

Anyhow…no choice for me now but to plant my butt on the VMSL Surrey United team's bandwagon.

:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one Ranger, Lose an argument and change the subject. I expected that from me, but certainly not from you. :rolleyes:

VMSL 20 - FVSL 3

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you "breaking the silence?"

What is this?

We're in the semis, so now I'm going to chirp off?
Have you not heard of Karma or Class?
Who exactly am I talking to anyway?
Bum buddy 1 or 2?

The poor debate which you're presenting has no merit IMO.

I would bet my life that if those 4 teams which accounted for the 13-1 overage played all over, it wouldn't be the same.

The top teams in the Valley can compete with the lower teams in the Metro and /or Div.1 Metro teams.
So, why do you think the difference is that large?
That wee wank off Delta #16 is on the fcuking National team for Christ's sake.
It can't be that different.

The VMSL is superior, no doubt.
Every game is a battle - you can't say that about the FVSL premier.
But, the point remains top FVSL sides can compete with the best in the VMSL on any given day, regardless of the thrashings on the weekend and last.

Somebody tell this guy to put an ice pack on his swollen heed.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB is so popular, he even has his own fan club.:eek:

His popularity must be due to the VMSL being sooooooooooooo much better than the FVSL...because he certainly didn't have this kind of exposure earlier on.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Are you "breaking the silence?"

Originally posted by Rangerforever

That wee wank off Delta #16 is on the fcuking National team for Christ's sake.

I normally try to stay away from intense bitch sessions like these, but I couldn't help but notice this outrageous claim.

National Team?

This is the tall, nerdy kid who thinks he can spray the long ball, I'm assuming. What national team is he in line for? Scrabble?

Mind you, if Garret Kusch can get capped, I guess anybody can.

Just to stay on topic, I think the VMSL and FVSL both suck.
-Sensei.

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB is simply tired of hearing the few ignorant individuals who state the fvsl is equivalent - ITS NOT. It is not as competitive, we all agree on that. A fvsl team can beat a vmsl team on any day (something we all know).
VMSL is better and that is why people like myself travel long distances from the valley to play in the VMSL.
YES, we were the shittiest team in the provincials (from the vmsl) but this year we have a loss, a tie, and a victory against the Surrey team. Westside is the best in the league right now and I hope they win the Nationals.
KNVB and boys if you beat Westside it would surprise me.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:#16

Originally posted by sensei_hanson

National Team?

This is the tall, nerdy kid who thinks he can spray the long ball, I'm assuming. What national team is he in line for? Scrabble?

Mind you, if Garret Kusch can get capped, I guess anybody can.

Just to stay on topic, I think the VMSL and FVSL both suck.
-Sensei.

That's right college fitba's where it's at.:rolleyes:

Sansei-fancy:
I could be embellishing on heresay.
I "heard" he's on the under-21 team.
For once, I could be wrong, but I think I'm wrong there too.
The kid is a good player.
A wee wank, but a good player.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Break you

Who's popping off? I merely stated that after 12 months of wanking by the valley (Yourself included) you guys laid a big fat egg!

I don't think I'm temping fate or buggering Karma but arguing with you in the VMSL vs. FVSL thread. I have not stated once that I think we'll win or that we're going to kick ass. I'm pointing out the ass kicking the VMSL gave the valley. If you think that takes away any class I may have had...... so be it. It's your opinion. I think you know better.

The top teams in the Valley can compete with the lower teams in the Metro and /or Div.1 Metro teams.
Perhaps. The Argies were not a great team and admittedly Poco gave them a game.
But, the point remains top FVSL sides can compete with the best in the VMSL on any given day
No fcuking chance. Your totally fooling yourself. Delta lost 7-1 to a mid table squad in Croatia and your PAU who tied for first like Surrey U did in the VMSL lost 6-0 in a walk.

Dude I don't even know where to start with you..... :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, college sucks too. It's just run by a better governing body, making it more enjoyable to play in.

I also play VMSL premier w/Trollers, and that was pretty good as well. They're a very well-run club. But the VMSL itself is a kangaroo court. What are the execs like on the FVSL board?

The kid from Delta is a pretty solid player. He suited up for Douglas this year and was one of the more dangerous players out there. I believe he even got one past me on a free kick. Bastage. I never heard anything about the national team, though. Maybe I wasn't listening.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
What are the execs like on the FVSL board?

Sansei: great issue to discuss.

I'm not ball licking here and some may beg to disagree with me, but the guys that run the FVSL are first class.
Scheduling, refereeing, etc. are always professional.
Well, the refereeing.........;)
Oh, and the discipline board..........:D
BUT, again the VMSL/FVSL thing I guess includes other arguements other than the players themselves.
Fields are WAY BETTER.
That fcuking cow patch we played against Sapperton on was diabolical.
Narrow and in terrible shape.

The FVSL is very well run with few hiccups.
I know the executive personally and they're all good guys who love the game.

Actually I'd like to commend them on another great year.

Cheers and thanks, RF.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cow Patch Debacle

That field was 108 X 72. I should know, I measured and lined it. It just seemed narrow because it looked long and it was on a fcuking horrible angle.

As for the "National Player". Every year, I hear of 100 guys who play on the "National Team". Just because they go to the training camp or a couple of practices, doesn't mean they are on the team. If that was the case, I can say I played pro in Italy as well as being on the BC team, National team (I saw them practice once), even the Olympic team.

It means shite all!!!!!!!!

April 1996
Canadian National team 0 - 86ers 2
One week later
86ers 1 - Calabria (I-tie team) 2

BTW, Sensie
College soccer ball sucks!!!!! And when was the last time you suited up for anything other than church?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL vs VMSL

There is no comparison,PERIOD.

The only things I envy are the playing fields in the Valley and that wad of cash Ranger has from all those beer sales......gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts