Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 VMSL U21

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Metroford dominate again like last year?

Have any VMSL U21 teams played any FVSL teams in friendlies. Who's better, VMSL or FVSL?

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why get rid off it?

I just started a Wickham U21 team. We are young though, most are 17-18. Metro and gold level NV kids. Other than Cliff Avenue, being a bunch of yaps last week, I thought the leel wasn't bad.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ Wait until Metro Ford runs over your lads by a score of 9-0...As for getting rid of the whole division the case can be made that it's time these lads became men and played big boy soccer. They will only improve by playing against bigger, stronger players and arguably by this age they have developed their skill as much as they are going to. It's a waste of a division and I am with Captain Shamrock on this one.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how those not involved with it think it's a good idea to scrap it.

Cside, good on you for starting up a U21 squad at Wickham. It's great to see the division growing to 12 teams after a few lean years with as few as 6 sides entered in 2007-08.

There are a lot of 17-18 year old kids coming out of youth with good skill level, but lacking the physicality to go straight in to senior mens soccer. This is the perfect place for them to continue playing at a high level (assuming more quality teams continue to enter) while their body fills out without them getting snapped in two by some raging border-line alcoholic divorcee.

Premier players off the top of my head that have been in the Rino's / Westside U21 program:

Deblasio (Columbus), Olson (Columbus), Chivers x2 (Richmond), Pierotti (Sapp), Mallette (Croatia), Baldock, (ACBC), Horvath (PAU), Allard (UBC), Mashinchi (UBC), Herath (Westside), Sandilands (Westside), Wallace (Westside), Buree (Westside), Greenside x2 (?), Hunt (Columbus), Brown (Westside), Kalaba (Serbia)

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ Wait until Metro Ford runs over your lads by a score of 9-0...As for getting rid of the whole division the case can be made that it's time these lads became men and played big boy soccer. They will only improve by playing against bigger, stronger players and arguably by this age they have developed their skill as much as they are going to. It's a waste of a division and I am with Captain Shamrock on this one.

Give your head a shake. You think development is done @ 20. Cristiano Ronaldo was at his best at 20? Ryan Giggs won player of the year @ 35. Wayne Rooney peaked 4 years ago? What of his performance last year? The u21 division should be geared toward the 17-18 year old, and not the 20 year old. But the division very much has its place.

The u20 world cup for example...pointless then in your opinion? These guys aren't good enough for the full world cup squad so don't bother prepping them?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how 2 people say scrap it and everyone not involved gets labelled :rolleyes:

I don't remember being worried about alcoholic divorcees when I started senior soccer @ 17?
Funny how those not involved with it think it's a good idea to scrap it.

Cside, good on you for starting up a U21 squad at Wickham. It's great to see the division growing to 12 teams after a few lean years with as few as 6 sides entered in 2007-08.

There are a lot of 17-18 year old kids coming out of youth with good skill level, but lacking the physicality to go straight in to senior mens soccer. This is the perfect place for them to continue playing at a high level (assuming more quality teams continue to enter) while their body fills out without them getting snapped in two by some raging border-line alcoholic divorcee.

Premier players off the top of my head that have been in the Rino's / Westside U21 program:

Deblasio (Columbus), Olson (Columbus), Chivers x2 (Richmond), Pierotti (Sapp), Mallette (Croatia), Baldock, (ACBC), Horvath (PAU), Allard (UBC), Mashinchi (UBC), Herath (Westside), Sandilands (Westside), Wallace (Westside), Buree (Westside), Greenside x2 (?), Hunt (Columbus), Brown (Westside), Kalaba (Serbia)

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
They need to get rid of this league.

Captain Shamrock loves to be around "NUGGETS"...you see somehow I understand the reason of his opinion.

Carry on with the U21.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever. I tried to make it more colorful and failed, but you know the guys I'm talking about... the 200lb gorillas that would be better off playing rugby.

Keep U21. Scrap CAT.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with dezza and his comments about U-21 league. For all those who suggest that U-21 league should not exist, here’s a few important things to consider:

1) There is a lot more players now who want to continue playing soccer after U-18 than it was several years ago; without U-21 league a lot of players would probably stop playing soccer and by having that U-21 league all those players will, at least, continue playing for another 3 years,

2) Not all players after U-18, no matter how talented they may be, can immediately get a position in a Premier league team or Division 1,2, or 3; some players need another year or two to physically develop to be able to compete in an adult league,

3) Each Premier league team should associate with one youth club so that youth club becomes a natural feeder for the Premier team. It is obvious that some Premier teams have no problems with the influx of young players every year because they are part of the club that has all categories, young and adult, from U-4 to the Premier team,

4) On the other hand, having a Premier team associated with a youth club would also show all players in that youth club that there is a logical and natural step forward for them after their youth career is over, there is more direction, system in place, which can not be bad at all; players from clubs that are not associated with any adult team struggle to make the next step, some end up playing soccer,

5) The fact is that Surrey United, Metro Ford, Port Moody (FVSL) as clubs, have all age groups and logical step for any U-18 player, from that organization, is either their Premier team or U-21. These teams have a lot of young players, within organization, knocking on the door of their Premier teams. It is actually great that a lot of teams this year formed U-21 team. The perfect example is Akal, who has a Premier league team, and, looks like (after two rounds), a very strong U-21 team (they share the first place with MF),

6) Somebody mentioned U-21 Metro Ford team and its dominance last year. That U-21 Metro Ford is very strong, they have been playing together as a team for years and a lot of people who watched that team believe that U-21 Metro Ford team would be among the best in Division 1. So, if U-21 did not exist, the question is, what would happen to that talented U-21 generation at Metro Ford? They would basically disappear from MF, some players would end up in a Premier league, some in Div.1, some in Div.2, and so on. Thanks to U-21 league, where they can continue playing together, as they have been for years, most of those young players will, most likely, end up playing within Metro Ford organization and their Premier team.

It is obvious to me that U-21 is very important at this moment. On the other hand CAT looks as a very weak league so if something has to be changed it should be pointed in that direction. Not to scrap the league but to try to make it more competitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0