Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Season 2011/2012

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have any information about the next season? Plans? Is Premier League going to stay with 12 teams in season 2012/2013 too or maybe going down to 10? Any "big" transfers? Any rumours about "another new BC Premier league"? Other rumours? Maybe we can start some here!?:D

Is it too early to make some predictions for the next season? ICST Pegasus won Provincials this year although ended up being 7th in the league with 10 losses! Obviously some teams struggle a bit during the league competition due to the fact that a lot of their best players play for universities/colleges.

Punjab Hurricanes look to me as a safe bet to win Division 1 next season (if they have the same team). Are two teams from Division 1 going to be promoted to Premier League or only one?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go to the AGM and you'll find out

:bronco:

I was hoping somebody knew some details before AGM. Still 12 days to go.

VMSL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MONDAY, May 30, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.
CANLAN—8 RINKS BANQUET ROOM
6501 Sprott Street
Burnaby, BC
(Main Entrance, Upstairs, Behind Cafeteria)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AGM Details:

VMSL EXECUTIVE PROPOSALS

1. The VMSL post team discipline results on the VMSL website starting in 2011-12 just as the VMSL posts player discipline.

2. The VMSL be given conditional approval to proceed with purchasing commercial space costing up to $400K with sublet potential (or some lower price without sublet potential) in the same general area as the current and previous VMSL office locations in order to get long term control over its office space needs and to reduce long term costs. The VMSL must subsequently call a special general meeting in order to approve any particular offer to purchase and at that time provide detailed financial information on the specific proposed property.

PROPOSED AMENDMENTS to the VMSL RULES AND REGULATIONS

Section 3 – Schedule

CURRENT:
3.5. Any team responsible for defaulting or canceling a game shall be charged with all the expenses incurred in preparation
for such game and will be fined the additional amount of fifty dollars ($50.00).
The opposing team will be awarded a 1 - 0 win.

PROPOSED:
3.5. Any team responsible for defaulting or cancelling a game will be charged with all the expenses incurred in preparation

for such game, Officials, Field Rental, etc, and will be fined the additional amount of one hundred dollars ($100.00).

The opposing team will be awarded a 3 - 0 win.

CURRENT:
3.7. Any team wishing to postpone a scheduled VMSL game must apply in writing to the VMSL President at least ten days
before the date of said game.

PROPOSED:
3.7. Any team wishing to postpone a scheduled VMSL game must apply in writing to the VMSL President at least ten days
before the date of said game for the League to discuss and consider the request.

CURRENT:
3.10. In the event of inclement weather, teams must;

(a) Attend the grounds and await the decision of the referee as to the playability of the field, unless they have been
advised previously by the Scheduling Secretary to the contrary.

PROPOSED:
3.10. In the event of inclement weather, teams must;

(a) Attend the grounds and await the decision of the referee as to the playability of the field, unless they have been
advised previously by the Scheduling Secretary to the contrary.

(b) Be prepared to replay the game, on short notice, at a different venue, day and time than originally scheduled.

Section 5 - Promotion and Relegation

CURRENT:
5.1. Each year the VMSL shall promote and relegate:
(a) The two (2) Division 1 section winners shall be promoted to the Premier Division. The last place teams in each of the two Premier Division sections shall be relegated to Division 1.
(b) Three (3) Division 1 teams shall be relegated to Division 2: the last place team in each of the two Division 1 sections and a third team decided by a playoff between the penultimate teams in each of the two Division 1 sections.
(c) The three (3) Division 2 section winners shall be promoted to Division 1. The last place teams in theThree Division 2 sections will be relegated to Division 3.
(d) The top three (3) Division 3 teams shall be promoted to Division 2.
(e) In all of the above cases, the placement of promoted or relegated teams will be decided by a random draw.

PROPOSED:
5.1. Each year the VMSL shall promote and relegate:

(a) The two (2) top teams in the Division 1 standings shall be promoted to the Premier Division. The two (2) last place teams in the Premier Division shall be relegated to Division 1.

(b) The three (3) last place Division 1 teams shall be relegated to Division 2.

(c) The three (3) Division 2 section winners shall be promoted to Division 1. The last place teams in the three Division 2 sections shall be relegated to Division 3.

(d) The top three (3) Division 3 teams shall be promoted to Division 2.

(e) In all of the above cases, the placement of promoted or relegated teams shall be decided by a random draw.

CURRENT:
5.4 Realignment within each Division.
The final League standings of the previous playing season shall apply for the following:

(a) Teams finishing in the third, fourth and fifth place positions in each divisional section shall move laterally to the next section in their respective divisions as follows:
Premier “A”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to the Premier “B” Division
Premier “B”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to the Premier “A” Division.
Division 1 "A": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 1 "B"
Division 1 "B": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 1 “A"
Division 2 "A": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 "B".
Division 2 “B”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 "C".
Division 2 “C”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 “A”

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, the formula outlined in section 4.3 shall apply.

PROPOSED:
5.4 Realignment within each Division.

The final League standings of the previous playing season shall apply for the following:

(a) Teams finishing in the third, fourth and fifth place positions in each divisional section shall move laterally to the next section in their respective divisions as follows:

Division 2 "A": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 "B".
Division 2 “B”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 "C".
Division 2 “C”: third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 2 “A”
Division 3 "A": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 3 "B"
Division 3 "B": third, fourth, and fifth place teams to Division 3 “A"

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, the formula outlined in section 4.3 shall apply.

Section 12 – Masters

CURRENT:
12.1 For the 2010-2011 seasons, players born in 1975 and older will be allowed to play in the Masters’ Divisions.
12.2 Each team will be allowed to register 3 underage players for the 2010-2011 seasons. These players must be born in 1976, 1977, 1978, or 1979. These players will be allowed to participate in regular league play as well as league cup play. However, they will not be allowed to participate in the Provincial Cup competition.
12.3 There will be 4 Masters’ Divisions: Premier Division, Division 1, Division 2, and Division 3. The following promotion/relegation system will be in effect:
• the two bottom teams from the Premier Division will be relegated to Division 1, while the two top teams from Division 1 will be promoted to the Premier Division;
• the two bottom teams from Division 1 will be relegated to Division 2, while the two top teams from Division 2 will be promoted to Division 1;
• and the two bottom teams from Division 2 will be relegated to Division 3, while the two top teams from Division 3 will be promoted to Division 2.
12.4 The CAT system will not be in effect in the Masters’ Divisions.

PROPOSED:
12.1 For the 2011-2012 season, players born in 1976 and older will be allowed to play in the Masters’ Divisions.
12.2 Each team except teams in the Over 40s Division will be allowed to register 3 underage players for the 2010-2011 seasons. These players must be born in 1977, 1978, 1979, or 1980. These players will be allowed to participate in regular league play as well as league cup play. However, they will not be allowed to participate in the Provincial Cup competition. For 2011-12, teams in the Over 40s Division will be allowed to register up to 5 players born in 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975 or 1976.
12.3 There will be 5 Masters’ Divisions: Premier Division, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, and Over 40s. The following promotion/relegation system will be in effect:
• the two bottom teams from the Premier Division will be relegated to Division 1, while the two top teams from Division 1 will be promoted to the Premier Division;
• the two bottom teams from Division 1 will be relegated to Division 2, while the two top teams from Division 2 will be promoted to Division 1;
• and the two bottom teams from Division 2 will be relegated to Division 3, while the two top teams from Division 3 will be promoted to Division 2.
Relegation and promotion from and to the Over 40s Division will be determined at a future point as necessary.
Teams in Masters Premier and Division 1 are entitled to enter the Masters A Cup. Teams in Masters Division 2, 3 and Over 40s are entitled to enter the Masters B Cup.
12.4 The CAT system will not be in effect in the Masters’ Divisions except for the Over 40s Division. Over 40s players will be allowed to play in league games with a club affiliated team in Masters Premier, Division 1, 2, or 3 but not the other way around.

Section 13 – Under 21

CURRENT:
13.1 For the 2010-2011 seasons, players born in 1990 and younger will be allowed to play in the Under 21 Division

PROPOSED:
13.1 For the 2011-2012 seasons, players born in 1991 and younger will be allowed to play in the Under 21 Division

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Season 2011/2012

PREMIER
  1. Columbus
  2. MF Wolves
  3. Croatia
  4. Delta United
  5. ICSF Inter
  6. ICTS Pegasus
  7. Richmond Hibernians
  8. Sapperton Rovers
  9. Surrey United
  10. West Van
  11. Westside
  12. Norvan (promoted from Division 1)
DIVISION 1
  1. Punjab Hurricans (relegated from Premier)
  2. Serbian White Eagles (relegated from Premier)
  3. Akal (relegated from Premier)
  4. Binger’s Army
  5. Hrvat
  6. Estrella de Chile
  7. Richmond Olympics
  8. Rino Vancouver
  9. Vancouver Olumpics
  10. Sarajevo (promoted from Division 2 A)
  11. Green Devils (promoted from Division 2 C)
  12. UBC Metropolitan A (promoted from Division 2B)
Is this correct?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL RCD you are have 2 teams wrong in Div 1

replace Sarajevo with Lobbans (staying up from last year)
replace Green Devils with TSA Royals (TSA won the 2C playoff, and along with UBC Metro come up as a result of the Div 2 Group Winners Round Robin Series)

HAPPY GILMOUR

Aug 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard from a very reliable source that a merger has taken place between Sapperton and Vancouver United who have been a really successful team in the indo canadian summer tournaments for a long time. I have played against these guys and regulars like Bobby Jhutty, Sunny Bains, Rizal Ganief, Rayhan Ismail, Desmond Tachie and a few other solid premier players in addition to guys like Colin Philips, Jason Peirotti and a couple more sapperton players they should be a very good side. All the best my butter chicken eating friends :wa:.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure everyone already knows about the merge of Delta United and Akal..........so I won't say anything about it. It will be a good move for both clubs..........imho..

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you that don't know I have officially been the first manager that has been poached. There was a bidding war between Niall, Reedie , and TA for my services. The winning bidder was Poco.

Millar was crying last night he does not know what he's going to do without me. I don't know how DUH will survive without me.

For the record star 1 Delta is merging with Sapperton I spoke to Colin and Ted Ulrich and Van U and Hurricanes are supposed to be merging. WTF is going on, do I even have a team to manage next year?

Signed,

Totally Fukcing Confused

:)!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, after Delta and Hurricanes merger:
Season 2011/2012

PREMIER

1. Columbus
2. MF Wolves
3. Croatia
4. Delta United/Punjab Hurricanes
5. ICSF Inter
6. ICST Pegasus
7. Richmond Hibernians
8. Sapperton Rovers
9. Surrey United
10. West Van
11. Westside
12. Norvan (promoted from Division1)
DIVISION 1

1. Serbian WhiteEagles
2. Akal
3. Binger’s Army
4. Hrvat
5. Estrella deChile
6. RichmondOlympics
7.Rino Vancouver
8. Vancouver Olympics
9. Lobbans
10. TSA Royals
11.UBCMetropolitan A
Sarajevo and Green Devils - playoff game for the remainingDivision 1 spot?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you that don't know I have officially been the first manager that has been poached. There was a bidding war between Niall, Reedie , and TA for my services. The winning bidder was Poco.

Millar was crying last night he does not know what he's going to do without me. I don't know how DUH will survive without me.
Signed,

Totally Fukcing Confused

:)!

Miller seeems to have gottten over your loss pretty quickly, he asked me to manage DUIH. I would do it but he's not willing to match what WAB is paying me at Sapp. Miller said you were paid 50% less than what I got at Sapp. All the other managers are getting more than you, so you need to stick with the union rate.
The Sapp coaches and managers have been treated fairly, there is lots of money to go around, what with each player paying $300 per season and sponsors, so the coaches and managers are doing quite well. To top it all off WAB frequently fills players boots with free concrete.
Unfortunately you have to put up wth WAB and his old fasioned ways like making players take turns washing the team uniforms. When its a rookie's turn to wash the uni's, WAB throws in his kids dirty laundry and the rookies are forced to wash his kids clothes.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the Record....

In early July, Sapperton was swallowed up by the Burnaby Select Youth Soccer Club. Hence the club was to be called Rovers FC (Sapperton is now no more official but more like that educational greek thing-a-ma-do that know one knows what the hell it means. It will still be a part of the club's logo to acknowledge the club's past).

With the merger with Van U late July, we will now be call Rovers United FC.

We will still be based out of New West but occasional visits to Burnaby and Surrey have been booked.

Although we have many, many uniform colours, our official club colours have changed from the original red, black and white to red and blue to align with our 2 new partners.

Hence we will be getting a few more sets of new uniforms this year. I believe Palermo Pink is in the cards.....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0