Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL rumours and various scuttlebutt

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't Surrey's either. Their's was stolen and sold for spare parts months ago.

Maybe it wasn't a prem spot? Maybe they did buy AFC div 1.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Teams 08/09 Season

West Van FC
ICSF Inter
Columbus-Clan FC
Firefighters FC
Delta Metro Blaze
Sporting Club
Croatia SC
Surrey United 'A'
Coq.Metro-Ford 'A'
Norvan Eagles
Westside FC 'A'
Club Ireland

Club I/Delta are my two candidates for selling their spot.... That's if anyone actually did.

Are you ****ing kidding? Yes, Club Ireland's spot is up for sale because it has been 13 years since the team has been in Premier. How much are you willing to buy it for, guys? I'm sure the Richmond United guys are all over this too. Let's sell it guys and stay in division one and keep the status quo.............

ACBC bought the AFC spot in division one..........that's my guess.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Randy has left Delta and gone to ACBCAFC apparently and taken a bunch of his guys too.

Delta and Peace Arch have been talking since...........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU Nation in the Big Leagues? That's quite the step up from their current house league home. I don't think Azzi will allow it :)

As an aside, did anyone go to the AGM last night?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU Nation in the Big Leagues? That's quite the step up from their current house league home. I don't think Azzi will allow it :)

Thats what all said when, Slurrey FC and Slurrey U. can into the league, and now look at Foden United, they are great.

I only think it will work if they allow both PAU and ACBC into the league and expand the the league to 14 teams, this is the best for the VMSL and all the teams in the Premeir division. Hey, even split them up on different sides and let them have a mulligan for relegation the first year.

Honestly, PAU, with thier Club involvment and coaching (Queeny), would be great in the VMSL and only add to the quality, but where do you fit them is, perhaps Surrey FC Peg can trade places with the Nation.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC will be in AFCs spot apparently.

As for PAU, i think the idea is they take over Delta Metro spot or at least merge into it ro what have you.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to the AGM - yawn! Nothing of note at all. Only thing that was really raised was the CAT system re-shuffle. But that's going to be talked about at a meeting in early August.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC will be in AFCs spot apparently.

As for PAU, i think the idea is they take over Delta Metro spot or at least merge into it ro what have you.

Yes... I am sure the Delta guys will gladly step aside... after merging with the Blaze 2 years ago... winning Div 1 in the inaugural year... being promoted to premier... and avoiding relegation. All of this just to give up the Premier spot to PAU.

Fantastic theory, Army. What's the weather going to be like on June 24? I want to plan my birthday party.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic theory, Army.

Cheers. i rather like it myself.

Are you sure of this?

Randy didn't tell me or anything. I heard this from someone who knows all the players that would be involved in this. I didn't know if it was true but thought i would share it on here anyway. It is the rumour thread. ANd no, i ain't giving up a name. i have heard some grumbling from guys who play/think they're black/played/ for AFC about something going down.

Also, we play Delta next tuesday at Association. the BBQ will be back after a3 week hiatus to sickness etc.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great. I will dress for that game.

Tell your little striker dude not to challenge me in the air again, or i will ninja kick his ass back to Penticton. :D

I felt sorry for him for a second. But I got over it once they carried him off the field.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes... I am sure the Delta guys will gladly step aside... after merging with the Blaze 2 years ago... winning Div 1 in the inaugural year... being promoted to premier... and avoiding relegation. All of this just to give up the Premier spot to PAU.

You call that merging? Looked more like you bought them out, and then felt sorry for them and let a couple of their players sit on your bench. ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well... when we started training... 4 or 5 Blaze players showed up the first session. After about the 3rd we were down to 3... and by mid season we were down to 2. Something about actually running and training, rather than hitting the lettuce and/or barley sandwiches turned them off.

That said, we would not have been promoted to Premier without the heroic goal scoring by Rob Commons (an original Blaze player)... the super sub would come into each game with about 25 minutes left and drive defenders crazy. In the last game of the season he came on when the game was tied 0-0... and scored 2 goals in 10 minutes to secure our promotion.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC is involved with AFC now............how much? Ask Ghouse..........

Just spoke to someone who confirmed their group have taken over the AFC spot...a South American group...not sure if they're from the Multicultural League or related to ACBC...and they will change the name from AFC to Club de Chile (or something like that) next year. He confirmed they have secured Randy Samuel & his staff to coach them in Div. 1 this coming season...not sure where that leaves Delta Metro Blaze and/or their players, especially those loyal to Randy from their FVSL days???

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that Estrella De Chile from the Division A of the Burnaby Mens League?

The reason I ask is because I have seen guys playing for both teams(Afc and Chile) (legit or not?) over the past few years...from Summer to Fall

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts