Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL rumours and scuttlebutt

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that a certian team in premier had a coach leave a mid week exhibition and decide to quit the team, what a TOON.

can anyone back that up I believe they were playing Club I maybe someone like regs or captian can confirm that.

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB, the above post didn't really go in Pre- Game banter so it's got it's own thread now.

You're welcome. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

I don't know who their coach was in the first place though Buck was shaking hands after the game [I think that's his name... I remember him from the Firemen from years ago].

~Regs.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that rumour too

I believe JB is refering to Mr. Jim Coppin apparently quiting as coach of Sportstown.:confused:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on

Gomesy 16 has nailed right in the Coppin.

KNVB,

Cheers mate I wasn't sure on where to put this but I knew you would.

Regs,

I didn't know buck was helping out, because last year I thought he coached the B team but what do I know.

Cheers
JB

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstown

Was at the Inter / Toon game on Sunday and can say that Buck was looking after everything as far as coaching duties. He has been coaching their 'CAT' team in Division 1 but obviously will now take the reigns for the Premier side.

Really good guy who will lend a massive hand to a struggling Toon squad. Loads of experience in the glory days of the Firemen - won a couple of National's I think ........

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Could be Far, Far Fetched

But it could be spot on.

Rumour has it that a VMSL team is trying to buy or "Join" the ARGIES in an attempt to keep them out of relegation this year.

If this was to take place, the Argies of coarse would have until Jan. 15 to make all the transfers that they would have to make, and then start on the Looong UP-Hill battle out of relegation.
When you really think about it, it is not that far fetched. Yes, they have 0 points in 11 games, and are on pace for 0 points in 19 games, but if they had some help come in before Jan. 15, they could make a run at ACM or Sapperton or even MF, witch is very possible.

ACM has 7 points and Sapperton 10, both teams could be caught with 8 games to go in League play.

Just a rumour, but don't Place the Argies in Div. 1 just yet, all teams ahve until Jan. 15 to sign or transfer players, and there is no limit on the number of players that can or can't be transfered.
I love this league, anything can happen.

I hope that the Croatia Guys don't read this:eek:

HOS

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL team

Rumour has it that a VMSL team is trying to buy or "Join" the ARGIES in an attempt to keep them out of relegation this year.

Hos

You cant come on here and not reveal who this mighty VMSL team may be.....Give us names:mad:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It s the Lomas

In a bid to remain in Div 1 next year the Lomas are gonna buy the Argies, and get relegated into Div.1. A brilliant scheme if you ask me.;)

Daz is putting up 80% of the fee.:rolleyes:

gaffathescoop

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
M.I.A.....CHEAPO

Rumor has it that KNVB may not appear at his Friday Night Grudge match due to re-accuring nightmares from a HOS chunger.................

NO SPICY HOT DOG at our match and a NO SHOW at the post Umbro sale Lunch.........CHEAP BUGGER!

Word is One Small Man with No heart moving company will be at the game drunk heckling HOS!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey hos just thought i would remind u of something you have said
i guess BBY.won't be scoring much this year or they will be looking to the big men in the back to score more

just shows what u know

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score on SomeOne other than the Argies or ACM, Then talk to Me

Originally posted by larsson
Hey hos just thought i would remind u of something you have said

Come on buddy, I saw the game vs. the Argies, and you struggled, how do you like the coach yeling at you all game long.

Be proud of your 6 league goals, quote this in the future "I can't see Larsson getting many more than that, now that the Argies are out of he way".

HOS

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wanna put a wager on that cj as for ankle breaker who i have never heard of a indo canadian player being a tuff defender rather one i tend to hear behind me.anklebreaker more like softy who thinks he can play but is really a track and field athlete.plus i left khalsa on my own terms to play for a contender not a bunch of dreamers.how do u like the players i brought u are u still hanging on there coat tails.i hope tusi scored and marcello

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A wager, Interesting

Originally posted by larsson
wanna put a wager on that cj

First, who is this cj person you talk of, second a wager, you have my attention.

Myself, I like to have the odd Beer from time to time, so that could be used in this wager you talk of.

I will not talk bad of the present team that you currently play for, as I am a former member of that team and think highly of many of the players that are there.
But a wager would add much to the season that we are participating in. What do you suggest for this wager.

I hope and pray that we meet your lot in Cup Play (Imperial or Provincial, if the Capitals make it) so that game could be used for the wager.

We could say drinks for the day at Nations Cup, and then Night at Foggy Dew. It would make for a very Foggy Day indeed.

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matt Morri with the Second Goal

He should have had the third one two, put his PK hit the post then hit Smily in the back and bounced across the goal and was cleared.

Khalsa actually had two break-aways during the second half, but Smiles did very well to stone both Fiji Flash and Leechy Tactics.

HOS

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS is losing the plot

Hey HOS just a reminder
"I can't see Larsson getting many more than that, now that the Argies are out of he way".
That would now be 7 goals in 7 games.Am i done now or do have more goals left in me, HOS please tell me ur prediction.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I forgot you had one Last game Vs. ACM

Hey, try and score on one of the teams in the League that has'nt let in 40 goals in 13 League games.

Keep on bragging about your 12 points and 7 goals vs. Argies and ACM.

HOS

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck Fil

The buzz around the Inter camp is that Fil is off to Italy Wednesday for a trial with some Serie C team......

Our managers cousin who came over for a visit earlier in the year and is linked with some team in Italy watched one of our games and really liked the way he played.....

Fil,if your lurking,can you please confirm any of this and if so....GOOD LUCK!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts