Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Referee Thread

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ref should be cautioned for shite like that..

Why or how would u even put that in a report?

"#10 on the visiting side hurt my feelings when he refused to shake my hand"

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ref should be cautioned for shite like that..

Why or how would u even put that in a report?

"#10 on the visiting side hurt my feelings when he refused to shake my hand"

Agreed ...... that's ridiculous to even contemplate putting that in a report.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I figured. Never heard of a suspension for that.

This ref actually wrote in the report that our coach told us not to shake his hand which was completely false. It actually seems quite pathetic that he wrote that. If he was a real man, he could have approached our coach afterwards and had a discussion with him. It obviously was a misunderstanding since it was probably the best game I've seen him do.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A question for you refs on here. Can you be suspended for not shaking a refs hand after the final whistle?

I'm curious because apparently one ref we just had put this in his game report.

Similar thing happened to our team this year, player shook both AR's hands but "missed" the ref. In turn the ref cautioned the player (his second of the game) and was suspended for the next game. There was a BCSA member there who was doing an evaluating of the ref, as you can imagine that incident among others in the game resulted in a poor evaluation...:eek:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got 'Father Johned' last night. One mysterious call after another (both ways) and sadly the bad calls against us resulted in goals...to which he said he'll even it up...which he did although not resulting in goals. It was as funny as it was sad. I don't now how he keeps track of who he owes the next bad call...

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Walks, how long before you are back? The Premier division needs you to take your share of games back.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Realistically a month Gomesy ..... I've 'graduated' from the traditional clinical physio and am now doing on field stuff.

It feels like pre-season training for me as not being able to run for the past 8 months has destroyed any fitness level I thought I had :rolleyes: ...... unfortunately, FIFA haven't come up with an oxygen tank that I can strap to my back yet so I'll need a few more weeks to sort out my fitness :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

FIFA has kept the centre-circle at 10 yards radius during your time away. Eddie has been milking you all this time, you could have been back out there after a week tops.

:D

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy,

Apparently, the ref had good reason in his mind to write this report. If you can believe it, he has told our manager that I haven't responded to his messages on facebook, nor did I speak to him at the game. So, I guess in some leagues that is grounds for fabricating stories and sending it into the league. Gomesy, we know I didn't say anything at all about the ref and/or shaking his hand, but even if I had, wasn't there a letter sent out to everyone from BC Soccer telling everyone not to shake hands because of the H1N1 virus.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
mike hagi sent off one of our players for not having tape on his socks.then he handed out as many cards as he could before the final whistle blew.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just thought i'd share this refereeing story out of london. we've all heard of abuse of an official, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Man jailed for driving car at referee

LONDON -- The harshest punishment soccer players can usually expect for berating a referee is a suspension or fine -- not 24 weeks in jail.

But then most players don't respond to the threat of a red card by driving a car on the field and at the official.

Amateur player Joseph Rimmer became incensed by a referee's refusal to award a free kick during a February game between Lonsdale and Harrington in northwest England. Rimmer thought he was about to be penalized by referee David Harkness, so he told him: "If you book me or send me off, you know what will happen."

Not likely.

Rimmer, who works as fitness instructor and nightclub doorman, stormed off, fetched his Range Rover and drove it across the grass. Harkness was not hurt.

Witnesses statements read in court said people reacted with "panic and fear" and some had to run to get out of Rimmer's way.

"Before he could be shown the red card, the defendant stated, 'I'm going to run you down,' then walked off the pitch," prosecutor Derek Jones said. Rimmer was sentenced in Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday.

Harkness remains shaken.

"After 35 years, I now fear I cannot continue as a referee," he said in a statement. "I have not slept through fear that the defendant will find out where I live and carry out his threat to shoot me."

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's sad but these things still happen in the UK. I personally of two people banned for life (and I'm from a small seaside resort twon not a city centre like Liverpool). One for getting sent off then going into the ref's room and trashing it with all of his stuff. the other giving the ref a battering. Shocking, I know, and thankfully both banned for life. One was truly remorseful and blamed a difficult home situation on doing it. He actually knew the ref and they are ok now. He won't play again and fully understands that.

I can sadly see this happening out here one day with some of the bad referring. Our guy against Green Devils was pretty good. it was a tough game with a lot of tough, late tackles. He did spend to much time arguing with our linesman when the incident was finished. But should have sent their long haired Mexican defendr off for hiting our keeper in the face when he was trying to kick after catching a corner (he saw it and gave a free kick), then dishing out a severe stamping tackle. But after from that he stood up well and stamped his suthority. I can also see a lot of damage being caused by other players not getting the right calls and dishing it out.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0