Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Preseason Rumours and Scuttlebutt

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the years, the Nations Cup has been the turning point in which most teams start to think/gear up for the upcoming season... So now is a good time I suppose to start this thread.

Peg News
Mr Peg has retired. Our new managers are Chico and Bakes (Brad Baker). IMHO they are off to a shaky start... Our new unis are not Nike but rather Puma. All white strip for home, blue tops for away (apparently)... they are also not top-of-the-line!

Davey is returning as coach, as well as from what I gather, most of the players from last year (that includes me who committed this weekend)... we will also probably be picking up some new young players from a certain squad that was relegated last year. Also, Craig Edwards "signed a napkin" figuratively yesterday, expressing his interest to return to the club after one year away.

For training purposes, Peg will apparently have Wednesdays at the new turf field being built at Carson Graham... I think Friday nites will be in the Gym or over at our beloved Mahon.

One final note... Peg/Olys have "splintered off" and will now be fighting in Div 1 for promotion. I'll let Luch explain if he cares to, probably because I don't have any further info :)

~TBwhoisbackforanotheryear.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a rumor

A former Croatia A great, played for Columbus over 30's last year, will be assisting Himey with the coaching this year.

Richie Sumner will be re-joinining the squad.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craig Edwards

TB,

Once again, I think you have your facts wrong. Craig Edwards expressed an interest to play for the Club where he started. Let the sweepstakes and the gossip begin.........

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craig won't be playing for anyone as he is having far too much fun chasing that goofy dog all over town. Of course he is having a very hard time "catching" him.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg/Olys have "splintered off" and will now be fighting in Div 1 for promotion.
Bimini's have done the same while associating themselves with the Rangers (moving to Div 2 CAT).

I don't really understand the league on this one: Westside Bimini's simply became WFC Bimini's and now it's alright if they win and get promoted. Merely a one word alteration and everything changes. Funny thing, these technicalities . . .

(Kind of like how my team go screwed in the 7-a-side tourney on Saturday -- Peter, change the fcuking tie-breaking rules! FIFA my ass!)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love this thread already!

As for one of the teams that were relegated to Div 1, the Fireman's apparent joining with Sapperton has fallen apart and thus will be fielding a team in Div 1 (A or B), not Div 1 CAT, or whatever it is! From a Fireman with the team everyone is supposedly on board and coming back along with Jeff Skinner, to win the division and reclaim past glory! We shall see..........

Cheers,

John

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(Kind of like how my team go screwed in the 7-a-side tourney on Saturday -- Peter, change the fcuking tie-breaking rules! FIFA my ass!)

What are you on about keeper? The rules were right there in plain sight for all to see. Nothing was "changed". You guys should have scored one more goal during your three games and you wouldn't have had to worry about it...

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that a lot of former Burnaby/Wesburn players, as well as a ton of former SFU players, are planning to make a serious run at the Premiership under the Clan Alumni umbrella. No word yet on what will happen to the 15 donkeys who made up the side last season. Sorry Chunder.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, no, Peter. I know you didn't change the rules. You should change the rules. We didn't feel it was necessary to score an extra goal (not that we could), since we had already won enough games to make it through.

Still . . . . gotta love that tournament.

Keeperwhothoughtthesalmonwasparticularlygoodthisyear

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have also learned, from a rather reliable source, that Benji Hayford, star ICSF Inter striker and reigning VMSL MVP, has completed a blockbuster offseason transfer to Westside.

Financial terms of the deal were not available at press time.

-That is all.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton

Sapperton and Firemen amalgomation fell apart. Their decision....their loss. Lets see; there are now 5 Div 1 teams that really believe they can make it to the Premiership:

RUFC
New Clan Alum
Pacific 96ers
Firemen
Peg/Olys
Anyone else?

As for the 15 ex clan guys, rumor has it the will be the beginning of the Sapperton CAT team. Time will tell.

BIG OFF SEASON SIGNING

NUKE to Sapperton

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think AC Milan still figure they have a chance at promotion.....and rightly so. Norvan should also be in contention. Looks like div.1 will be a battlefield come next season.

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DONKEYS :mad: !!!

You just wait and see who the fcukin donkeys are. Everyone's always got the 'shoe in' to get promoted don't they? Should be an interesting season. No comment on the CAT proposal. That's not my decision. Time will tell. Besides, we're not backing down from anyone. We can compete with any squad out there...be it x-varsity or house league all-stars. Just watch the results in the BSL playoffs...

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shock announcement

Contrary to belief in some circles, predominately those circles inhabited by the absolutely insane, I will not be returning to my beloved Peg/Olys for the forthcoming season. Having weighed the pros and cons of travelling from the UK for training sessions and matches, as well as having weighed myself after the last two weeks of boozy excess, the financial as well as physical impossibility of the whole thing will simply be too much to take on. Shame.

Luch, perhaps if you get your finger out of your coconut you'll inform me on what is going on with the famous Div.1 juggernaut for this coming campaign. There's no sign of any news on Teletext over here. I wait in constant hope.

Any news on perennial wankers Meralomas and their plans on taking the upper echelons of the league by storm? Have the sides been decided yet? This PC won't, thankfully, be subjected to the excellent website due to the fact that I simply cannot be fcuked.

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy smokes!...who's this fastshow character? :confused:

I guess your goin through a little surrey summer league withdrawal. That's ok. I'm sure that would be happening to me too if I were in ENGLAND! :rolleyes:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow's football career

Fastshow,

Please enlighten us on the future of your football career. I was wondering if your short stint with Peg/Oly's was just to get a couple of these coveted jerseys to hang on your rec room wall. Please send back you "slightly used" game shorts.

I am leaving it up to Luch to provide a reply on the corporate takeover of Peg/Oly's. Ging was able to cash in some of his empties and purchase shares in the team and he will start running the squad like Richard Branson of the Virgin Record fame.

JR

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts