Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer clarified today that there is to be no travelling between Vancouver and Burnaby health regions, so what does that mean for the VMSL semi finals? Do they push them back a week or will they have Tigers v BB5, since Tigers play out of Burnaby, then UBC v Inter?
I get it for youth but in adult leagues, "travel" for teams doesn't really make sense when players on a team can come from different regions throughout the, erm, region.

Honestly, they should just shut it down for this 2 week period.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
See the semis are now 27th/28th. Hopefully no further restrictions before that.

These are a bit later than usual, but here's some highlights and goals from VUFC Hibernian v West Van from Friday. Basically missed the first goal due to trying to focus in the shitting lighting.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clean up on aisle 6 please

Let's keep this one on topic for the rest of the year.

Weather forecast calls for snow which could stick around till next weekend - anyone know if games will be called off early?

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Opening Fixtures

Sep 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, its numerous teams - at least 5 in Prem pay players, many in div 1 .. and believe it or not, in div 2. Agreed, it is a total joke and I have no idea how managers get off on paying players in an amateur league.

The fact that Tigers have received all the negative attention is pretty hilarious when they simply continued a tradition long practiced by other prem teams. They just spent more money than the rest.

Very late to the party on this but Tigers probably get a good portion of the negative attention because they openly flaunt it. There were near weekly rumours, stories, etc. swirling about this prior to &#$%ing COVID. $50 per training session, going to the bank to pay players, pirating players from EDCFC before their relegation and then merger, text messages discussing sums, etc. etc. etc. There is probably some exaggeration along the way but with so many things coming up, there must be truth in there somewhere.

If there are at least five premier teams paying players, certainly the other teams are going about it more privately and avoiding that negative attention. Personally, looking at the teams in premier, I don't think that five are involved in paying. One team out of NAP, yeah (get that bonus for scoring a PK), one team making their debut, sure, but I am finding it hard to find five.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very late to the party on this but Tigers probably get a good portion of the negative attention because they openly flaunt it. There were near weekly rumours, stories, etc. swirling about this prior to &#$%ing COVID. $50 per training session, going to the bank to pay players, pirating players from EDCFC before their relegation and then merger, text messages discussing sums, etc. etc. etc. There is probably some exaggeration along the way but with so many things coming up, there must be truth in there somewhere.

If there are at least five premier teams paying players, certainly the other teams are going about it more privately and avoiding that negative attention. Personally, looking at the teams in premier, I don't think that five are involved in paying. One team out of NAP, yeah (get that bonus for scoring a PK), one team making their debut, sure, but I am finding it hard to find five.
You sure 100% about Tigers? First I've heard of it, who would pay that kind of dosh?!?!?!

Opening Fixtures

Sep 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe it or not, I read it on TTP! I get a lot of reliable VMSL news from TTP.

Also, I think that Chris Gailus from Global BC did a report on it. He said that out of all sports teams in the province, the Whitecaps spend the third highest amount on wages. Canucks are ahead for sure and then according to TTP, it has got to be Tigers, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts