Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know why access are denied on the vmsl page once you click on the score..
You would be able to see cautions and goal scorers but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was wondering the same thing. That's how it used to be but was loving the change as it made doing my weekly round-ups so much easier.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The magic number is 25 this week, with West Van perched atop the table but both Rovers and Metro Ford able to match that number by winning their games in hand (though not both of them given that one of their games in hand is against each other...). The rest of the field is within three points, with the exception of the bottom four, obviously, and NorVan who look to be indeed fading. It would seem most likely that they will be one of the odd ones out come Provincials. I believe that the berth allocations have finally been released and rumour is that it will be status quo from last season. Therefore, there will be one further team among the top seven missing out if that proves to be true.

Completely Baseless Predictions - Week 13

Club Inter EDC v Coquitlam Metro Ford
Inter were finally able to get a win last week without Habib scoring. Chris Kyd had the goal in their 1-0 win over Guildford. Last time they played Coquitlam it was also a 1-0 scoreline and Habib did have the goal in that one. Metro Ford took some time to find their feet after that loss but come into this match on the back of a five game winning streak (or four games and a forfeit, however you want to couch it). Their surge towards the top of the table has come thanks to Adam Jones and a resurgent Carlo Basso who between them have 11 goals although that tally is actually likely slightly higher given it appears that the goal scorers from their 7-0 thrashing of Richmond three weeks ago were never recorded. Regardless, there can be no doubt that those two are leading the charge for the Tri-Cities boys and, if it seems a dodgy strategy to rely so heavily on just two players for 90% or more of your offense, Basso is used to having to do it alone and must surely appreciate the support. Of course Inter need to look no farther than Habib for their own example of a player being disproportionately overburdened with the offensive load as he accounts for more than a quarter of their goal production this season. With both teams sitting on 22 points coming into this game its importance really can't be understated and I would expect a top contest. I'll take two offensive weapons to one and give Metro Ford the nod here.

Rovers Tigers v Croatia
MOTW here as two teams with serious title ambitions clash at Newton. Croatia won the first meeting back in Week 2 and it was a real statement of intent from last seasons second runners up and Imperial Cup finalists. That being said, Rovers were pre-nationals and rotating players in order to keep themselves fresh for the Thanksgiving Tournament they would go on to win. The stumbled upon their return to the VMSL but looked to have righted the ship before last weeks 3-2 loss to West Van. The defending champions are still in a position to pull level with West Van atop the table however, if they can win their games in hand. A loss to Croatia certainly does not figure into that equation. After their hot start Croatia hit a rough patch losing three on the spin but came out of that skid with a massive 2-1 win over Rino's who, at the time, were in first place. They followed that up with a comprehensive 5-0 rout of NorVan last week and look to be back to top form. All that sets this match up well. Both teams have deadly offensive weapons in the Dhillons, the Malamuras, Nick Soolsma and Daniel Davidson. So, having said that, this one will probably be 1-0 or 0-0. Still, I have to think there are goals in this one and hopefully it plays out as a cracker. A second win over the champions would really prove Croatia's pedigree as title challengers, but I think that Rovers experience with show through is this one and they will find a way to claim a massive three points.

CCB LFC v Guildford
Yet another iteration of a Surrey derby out at Newton, though, this time around it seems less of a slam dunk that the first meeting between these two sides back in September. On that day a star-studded CCB ran roughshod all over a wide-eyed and overwhelmed newly promoted Guildford side, cruising to a 4-2 win. Guildford took quite some time to adapt to life in the Premier division, but won three crucial games in a row against their relegation rivals and that seemed to help them get their feet under themselves. Since then they have looked much more assured, even if the results have still gone against them. Consecutive 1-0 losses to Coquitlam and, last week, Inter would indicate that the new boys are beginning to cope with the week in week out demands of the league. CCB also had a learning curve to adapt to this season but a newly developed ability to put in top level defensive performances had brought them into the title conversation that they would have expected to be a part of when they assembled their all-star crew in preseason. Their 3-0 win over Richmond last week stretched their current unbeaten run to five games, with four wins and only two goals against over that stretch. This has them sitting alone in third place within striking distance of top spot. It is all coming together for CCB, notwithstanding scrutiny from the league, among others, regarding their alleged compensation to players. The "home" side are the favourites in this one, no question, but I do expect a better performance from Guildford this time around.

West Van v Campo Atletico
I was going to leave this one blank, given that games with Campo at this point don't really merit analyzing. However, that is not fair to West Van who deserve to have a fantastic performance last weekend against Rovers Tigers acknowledged as they now sit alone atop the table. Keith Jackson had a hat-trick in the victory and the former Trollers managed to make their leads stick this time around against the defending champions, after their heart breaking defeat on Opening Day. Assuming Campo show up to play this one, its first against last (and a well documented woeful last at that...). Should be straight forward for the North Shore side.

Rino's Tigers v Richmond Hibernian
Not sure what is going on in the Rino's camp as the only Vancouver team in the VMSL's top flight has hit what could best be described as a rough patch. They are winless in four and their once seemingly unstoppable offense has only managed three goals in their last five. After dodging the consequences of their poor run of performances for a few weeks as others at the top also struggled to put up consistent results, their form has finally caught up to them following a 1-0 loss to relegation threatened Pegasus last week. The loss, combined with other results, saw the Tigers drop into a three way tie for fourth place. Fortunately they are still only three points away from once more holding at least a share of first place. The same cannot be said for Richmond who are mired in eleventh and looking more and more likely to be playing in Division 1 next season as the weeks pass. Rino's donating points to Pegasus certainly did not help Hibs cause last week as it moved the Surrey side five points clear of Richmond. Guildford are only three points clear of the boys from below sea level, but their recent performances would seem to offer hope of find more points somewhere along the way as opposed to Hibs who are in the midst of a four game losing streak, having been outscored 20-2 over that span. The first meeting of the season between these two sides produced the shock of the season as Richmond overturned Rino's 2-1 for one of their only two wins so far this year; the other coming against last place Campo. Those three points are a major reason why Richmond are still on life support and not completely dead and buried already. Irrespective of Rino's current form, it is very difficult to imagine lightning striking twice. In fact, a meeting with a struggling Richmond side might be just what Rino's need to get back on track.

NorVan v Pegasus
A very intriguing match on offer in this one. Newly promoted NorVan claimed their first win back in Premier when these teams met in Week 2. Both had come off lopsided Opening Day losses going into that one. Peg were embarrassed 5-1 by Rino's while NorVan put up a decent resistance against Croatia for an hour before ultimately capitulating and losing 4-1. Fast forward three months and it has been the new boys who have had the better go of it compared to last seasons runners up. Pegasus have had a miserable start to the season and were flirting with a serious relegation battle before easily their best result of season last time out when they knocked off Rino's 1-0. NorVan kept their heads above water and picked up wins against the teams below them as well as draws against other teams in in the mix above them. It has kept them in the conversation for a Provincial Cup spot, however, their only win in their last five matches was a 7-0 stats-padder against Campo. Once as sitting as high a tie for third place, the North Shore boys have sunk to eighth and will need to recapture that early season form in a hurry or else the will surely find themselves cut adrift of the Provincials battle. Once more they come into this match on the back of a heavy defeat, this time, however, they were never in the game at all against Croatia, conceding in the fourth minute en route to a 5-0 thumping. With Peg having their tails up, the Surrey boys will be confident of getting something out of this match, while NorVan will no doubt be looking at it as a chance to get back on track against a team below them in the table. Both sides will fancy their chances in this one, but NorVan have had a penchant for draws this season while Peg will be surely happy to settle for anything that keeps them moving away from the drop zone. Look these sides to split the points in this one.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid 3-1 win for Metro Ford over Inter tonight. Metro Ford two up at half time, but then Inter came storming back, pulling one back early in second and looked the more likely to get the next goal as Metro Ford were doing very little in attack. Then bam, great solo goal from Basso gave them the three points.

Heard Guildford forfeited against CCB as they only turned up with six players!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Campo Atletico should be incredibly interesting tomorrow as @Soccer Coach is officially back as head coach of the club according to the vmsl website...
Please remember that @Soccer Coach is an Internet Persona.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our humble club, to ride out the storm of debacle and to outlive the menace of bigger and wealthy clubs, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of every remaining player. That is their will and for that I deeply respect them.

Even though there were only losses before and some are infamous as the odious 17-1, and no doubt that some loses will continue, we will not flag or fail. We will go on to the end. We will fight in West Van, we will fight All the Tigers and Wolves, we will fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the field, we will defend our club, whatever the cost may be. We will fight the low flying Pegasus and Hibernians, we will fight and tackle the Champions, we will fight and defy the VMSL soccer stars and gods, we will battle until everyone of us has a beat; we will fight and never surrender even in our darkest hour.

Reactions: GoF

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Mr. Churchill, you are disgustingly drunk."

"My dear Lady Astor, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow, I will be sober. And you will still be ugly."
jajajaja....very funny....I must say....but ugliness is the eye on the beholder....
the team and the guys have been severely beaten...but they have my admiration and respect as they are not giving up...and have the courage to stand up after all the problems....not many people can do this....or have the courage to do it...it was easy to give up...and they are not doing it...

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
jajajaja....very funny....I must say....but ugliness is the eye on the beholder....
the team and the guys have been severely beaten...but they have my admiration and respect as they are not giving up...and have the courage to stand up after all the problems....not many people can do this....or have the courage to do it...it was easy to give up...and they are not doing it...

Please provide an update after the game it will be very exciting for many

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach isn't going back to campo kinda like crawling back to the ex wife that fuked the best man at your wedding? I guess you Didnt have much choice after being denied the Madrid Job when Zidane left.

It reminds me of the kid that always got picked last in gym class.

But TBH I if were in your shoes I'd have a hard time turning down that kinda $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts