Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WS 0 Rmd 3. WS were fast out of the gate, unlikely not to go up 2 in the first half. Rmd bagged 3 beauties in the second. Good job from Ruben in the middle.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wild game at Trillium, was 4-4 Rino's vs Croatia when I left during 2nd half
Definitely wasn't a wild game croatia should of won 8,9-0 but managed to make some terrible mistakes that lead to 4 goals by tigers. Croatia looks good just need to fix a few things on the back end from what I saw and they will be fine. Tigers will be fighting relaxation all season long didnt really see much from them but I have to say they are coached well that the only thing keeping them in it. But you never know all depends how much more $$$$$$$$$$ they start throwing around.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After being scared off by the rain last weekend and opting out of taking in Rino's Div 1 v GN last weekend, I did make it over to PG to see Westside Richmond this week. Westside were a shadow of the team that I saw against Coquitlam, really lacking in any conviction going forward. Despite this, as mentioned, they had the best chances to open the scoring in the first half when they hit the post and later were denied by a great foot save from Brad in the Richmond goal, though I'm not sure he knew a ton about it as it was a bang-bang play. Hibs best chances were coming in the air as Westside struggled to deal with their size. It looked like they had one destined for the back of the net only to have a second Richmond attacker head to ball again and put it over the bar. Overall though, they game lacked quality and was played at an almost walking pace at times.

Second half continued the same and it always felt like the first goal would win it. It came to Richmond via an absolute peach of a freekick that slammed into the top corner, far post. Four minutes later the Westside centre backs combined calamitously to hand Richmond a breakaway and they made no mistake. The Vancouver boys finally sparked to life and looked the a team on six points and near the top of the table after going behind 2-0. They began to dictate the game and, for a moment, looked to have an avenue back into things only for Brad to again deny them with a remarkable save off a pinpoint header. After the save came a let off for Richmond when the Westside attacker blasted the rebound over the net while the defenders and goalkeeper were scrambling to get back into position. As Westside opened up Richmond got them with a classic sucker punch, lovely cross and finish at the back post off a counter. Not a work of art by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly the right team left with the points on the day.

Would love a more detailed report on Rino's/Croatia, sounds like a cracker!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there ever been a better keeper/striker than @club_i_champ ??
Nice work old man ;)

Steering clear of having anything to do with the midfield or back line has paid off!

We deserved all three points on Saturday in the end I thought. As @Canucks4Ever stated, the play in the opening 45 minutes was dire, by both teams. Extremely sloppy and no real conviction in the either sides attacking play. Game would have been completely different if that shanked cross that hit the near post had gone in, or the point blank kick save had found the back of the net. How we managed to head over the bar from 2 yards out I don't know. Westside keep the ball fairly well, but don't seem to go anywhere with it. That's how I saw things anyway. Felt good to avenge my horror show last year against them in that playoff game.

To go back a couple of weeks here, against Rinos we couldn't take our chances, typical early season finishing and it cost us. I too believe they will struggle to stay up again, but it's early days yet.

Against MF, they punished us on mistakes made inside our own half and again, we couldn't take our own chances that we managed to carve out for ourselves. They only came out to Minoru with 12 on the night, so the fact we didn't run them into the ground was disappointing, but they've seemed to have our number the past couple of years.

Looking forward to taking on the divisions new boys Campo this Saturday.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loyalty? Nobody else wants him.

:)
Club I champ
I wish I had a whole team of players like him
In goal or Defence he will give 110 percent to stop you
As a forward not fast anymore but the defenders
Don't know what hits them anything for a advantage

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of my boys spent 6 weeks in Japan
Must have telepathy taught it to me
Just got translation on a packet of creme caramel
With only Japanese writing on the box
Next time I can talk about British Blancmange
Or English Trifle with sherry
Wait, is that another Haiku? Genius!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried out for my team (didn't make it) but am a natural for locker room bukkake so no tryout needed. I'm not entirely sure what that is but I'm in.

And that's no haiku, dude. Syllables are all messed up and don't get me started on the iambic pentameter!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The table is starting to take shape after three weeks and, as the sample size increases, hopefully my predictions become more accurate! Only 3 for 6 last week, but one less game on the docket this week as Inter's game against Rino's Tigers is PPD to give the Provincial Champions a chance to prepare ahead of next week's Nationals.

Pegasus v Westside
This one is the MOTW as it's early season second against fourth (and in truth there is really no fixture that completely jumps of the page this weekend). This one would have been much more tantalizing had Westside found a way to remain unbeaten against, then bottom of the table, Richmond last week, but they were well beaten and perhaps received a rightful tamping down after a bright start to the season. So, how will the Westsiders respond to their setback? Well, they will be in tough against an undefeated Pegasus side who went into Coquitlam last weekend and emerged with yet another victory. The Surrey boys looked sluggish on opening day against a young, fast, Chile team, but have since had little trouble returning to the form that we have come to expect from the former Provincial Cup Champions. Westside will no doubt fancy that they can get at Peg the same way Chile did and will be confident having gone to Surrey and emerged with the points last season. However, the home side is a veteran group and, now that they have returned to form, I have to think they will keep it rolling this week.

Croatia v Metro Ford
Croatia finally got off the mark last weekend against Rino's Tigers (true, they did earn a point in an opening day 0-0 against CCB), but some woeful defending almost cost them as they needed to score five times in order to make up for the four that they shipped to Tigers. Unlikely that they will be able to score their way out of trouble this week with Coquitlam Metro Ford on the docket. Despite an uncharacteristically slow start, the Tri-Cities boys are a team to be respected and, as an added bonus for Croatia, they are likely rather ornery given that they are languishing down in tenth place, only out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Both teams will be desperate for all three points in order to lay a solid foundation for their season, but something seems to be missing for a Croatian side that finished last season in such good form. I just cannot see them beating Metro Ford in their current state, and with the Wolves hungry to prove they will still be at the business end of the table I have to think they will find a way to win this one.

West Van v EDC Burnaby
Here's a tough one to predict. Traditionally, West Van would be favourites in this fixture, however their start to the season has been anything but reassuring. Losing on opening day to newly promoted Campo would have sent alarm bells ringing with the worst part being that, never mind the fact that they were beaten, they looked well off the pace. EDC on the other hand have had a mixed bag of results, draw against Peg, a win over Croatia and then a narrow loss to Inter. Very difficult to glean much from those scorelines, so this one has toss up written all over it. West Van seem to be trending in the right direction however; they held top of the league Rovers Tigers to only a 1-0 victory at Ambleside two weeks ago before thumbing the struggling CCB LFC boys last time out. Tempted to go for a draw in this one, but with the early kick off and the smaller playing surface North of the river I am going to give the edge, at home, to a resurgent West Van squad.

Rovers Tigers v CCB LFC
Mismatch alert in this one. Rovers are cruising at 3-0, despite being made to work for it in the last two weeks against West Van and Campo. CCB on the other hand are yet to score a goal on the season. Despite an off-season re-branding and new coach, CCB look to be much the same squad that struggled last season. Game, set match, to the Tigers crew, though it is a Surrey derby so expect some fireworks.

Campo Atletico v Richmond
Hibs finally got their groove back last week when they thumped Westside. It wasn't a glowing display of fluid football, but that's not really Richmond's style anyway. Campo though have been holding their own in the top flight after their promotion following up their shock opening day win with two good performances against Westside and Rovers, despite losing. It is all about mentality for a newly promoted team and if Campo are taking the positives and not getting down about the results they should be set up to be competitive all year. Richmond are obviously looking to build on their win, but Campo have likely deserved some sort of result in the last few weeks. I'll say they find a way to knick a draw in this one.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
With no ID cards, isnt it easier to use unsigned players. I heard some teams in prem but more so in div 1 have used unsigned players as someone else.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
cards/digital what's the difference? Someone can still pretend to be someone else either way. In both cases it's up to the referee to look at the photo and the person in front of them and make sure they're the same guy.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's happened to Metro Ford this season? Caught bits of second half tonight v Croatia. 4-1 humping and totally outplayed from the bits I saw.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia was ALL over them ALL Game they couldnt keep up with the speed of croatias attack l metroford LB RB where awful they don't look very good croatias defence kept basso from not touching the ball all game he was not seen

Congrats to Croatian on a big win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts