Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing some rumers that Tigers are offering some big money out there apparently a big offer was made for Nick Soolsma

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soolsma already plays for Rovers Tigers...

So presumably you are referring to Rino's (formerly Ayjal) Tigers?

I heard Langley was trying to make a pitch to Soolsma to take him to the FVSL given that's where he lives and, I believe, coaches. Can't see him commuting to Vancouver on a regular basis, but who knows? Maybe if the price is right...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soolsma is asst. technical director at LUSA so yes of course the club would want him playing for their men's premier side in the valley and represent.

Apparently that pitch was made last year to him actually when he came on board there but he very much enjoys playing with the team he's on, the club understood that and supported him on that, and obviously the competition level in the VMSL is higher for someone of his calibre as well.

Yes, it hurt to say that. :p

FVSL
FVSL
FVSL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm assuming he's already signed their. He is on the BC tigers website being referred to as a BC tigers player. I hear rumours of them building what they are referring to as a "super" team. Big money involved, by what one of our players was offered can't imagine what Soolsma is getting.

Nov 25, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard the Tigers got their cheques out again and are preparing for prem by recruiting heavily with ridiculous offers to certain players. The numbers I heard being offered to a few guys are mind boggling. Some guys can possibly earn almost as much as WFC2 players.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could we get a clarification between Rino's/Ayjal Tigers and Rovers Tigers moving forward please.

Though I gather that both seemingly have the bank accounts out...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off I'm not sure what team we are talking about when reference to tigers is mentioned. We are Rovers Tigers United and not by choice it was a BC soccer ruling we have to deal with. We refer ourselves as Hurricanes.

I can't speak for any players as we haven't talked about soccer since the Provincials but we are a team and brotherhood. If a player leaves for money I can't help that but we won't pay a player. We want players that want to wear that crest and play for us for the right reasons.

Money is cancer. If you have to draw a player for money that player truly is only there for that. Nothing will ever stop clubs from trying to draw great players for money and if they choose to leave for that reason and that reason alone that's their purrogative.

The only reason I came back last year was because this team is a brotherhood and family.

I ask one question to those teams that have paid players. What have you won? Why would you put yourselves in a position to pay players? It's AMATEUR fcukING SOCCER, what do you really win at the end when you try and buy a championship? That's the reason for my question what have you really won? You have put yourself in a position where amatuer players expect money to play in an amateur league. Good luck to ya!

And BTW congrats to Joe on Coach of the year!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what i hear Chile will have a Masters Premier team so not sure how many of them are from the open premier.

Lots of open guys moving to that O35 Premier team from what I hear; a real changing of the guard at Chile. Their U21 team won the league though last season, so I would expect the core of that team to take over the Premier spot. I really cannot see Claudio fording this team, but I suppose it might be a possibility. That being said, I would certainly tip them to struggle this year.

Another team that finished last season in similar disarray to Chile was Pacific. Did I hear though that Dino, formerly of Van Olympics and, briefly, Croatia was taking over the squad? I wonder if that will force the current players to revise their "only show up on game day" mentality or if there will need to be a recruitment overhaul out at Newton?

soccerstar

Aug 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see VMSL raised their referee and ar rates..

This is cut paste from their website:

As discussed at the AGM, the league is increasing referee fees $10 per head referee and $5 per linesman across the board for 2017-18 to account for an increase in costs since the last increase in 2012.

For teams playing 11 home games without linesmen, this has a $110 impact this season or about $5 per player.

With linesmen, this has a $220 impact per team over the season or about $10 per player.

Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts