Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its sad to see that VMSL isn't doing any promotion for this game. This is the most exciting time when teams play in the playoff for promotion, relegation or provincial spot. They should at least mention something on the website.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't imagine this game is happening tomorrow, unless both teams have already been notified and it's just not showing up on the public schedule.

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would imagine that this game would take place sometime this week because of the provincial draw is happening very soon. I just don't get why VMSL doesn't advertise, a simple mention on the front page on their website would do the trick.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The can do the Provincial draw with a place holder. Something like "VMSL 7th spot."

It's been done before.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have it on good authority that this match is happening tomorrow.

Location TBD (I'm told Van Tech/Point Gray/Andy Livingston)

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just found out Chile forfeited our match tomorrow, hopefully ND shuts down Basso as they are tied for 26 goals a piece this season. RTU Hurricanes finish in 3rd.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we only knew we should have just forfeighted as well. sorry RobJ. It was a mean nothing game for us but we still showed and gave them a decent battle.
4-2 Metro Ford. Basso with two in the second half.
Tied at zeroes at the half. A bit of a wide open second half. They finished their chances.
Good luck to those in Provincials.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford looking rather human going 1-0-3 in their final four games scoring 5 and conceding 8.

Presumably they will be able to flip a switch and recapture their early season form in time for Provincials, but we shall see.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's 3-2 to Westside over Richmond 65 minutes into the match according to my mate at the game! Was 3-1, but Richmond just pulled one back.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Campo has won their way into the premier league with their promotion game and a 3-0 win. Finally the greatest show on earth can get a few more cracks at the big boys. Looking forward to coming out to games Friday nights at BC Place. At least one team who uses BC Place will pay for proper talent.....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to agree with @wednesday re: last night's playoff game; easily could have gone either way. It was an entertaining one, if not pretty, with both teams really going after it AND the rain held off!

Westside took an early lead off a corner, nodded in at the back post by one of their centrebacks, but then ceded possession and initiative to Richmond. Hibs got after it and really put the Vancouver club under pressure. I've seen Westside on more than one occasion this season and they usually like to play a build up game through their midfield, on the deck, before looking to get in behind their opponents. Richmond were very physical and made life extremely difficult for the Westsiders who could not seem to connect a pass and were becoming increasingly frustrated that they just could not get into a groove. Meanwhile, Hibs had a very direct approach launching balls up to their striker, Lucas Barrett, for him to knock down and bring the rest of the team into the game. It produced quite the old school aerial battle between the Westside CBs and the Richmond attackers as Hibs whipped in too many crosses to count. Barrett finely made one count with a nice, contested header back across goal; a classic striker's finish. For all Richmond's pressure and crosses they didn't really generate any Grade-A chances, as Westside managed to scramble everything away. That being said, Westside themselves certainly were not generating much offensively. They created the occasional half chance when one of their attackers was able to get 1 v 1 with a Richmond defender, but that was about it.

The half time break seemed to be just what the Westsiders needed however, as they appeared to make a couple of changes to their game plan and personnel. They were seeing more of the ball and around ten minutes after the restart they earned a free kick. They went with a little dinked ball, lofted into the box and the Richmond keeper made the disastrous decision to come charging out for it. He was never getting anywhere close to it and Westside's other big centreback had his turn to nod one in; this time a looping flick into an unguarded cage. It was literally a head in hands moment for the keeper, but for Westside this really got their tales up and they started moving the ball around well. Within five minutes of reclaiming their lead, they extended it with a slick move down the right wing. The fullback got forward a whipped in a cross to the back post where the far side winger was lurking. The Richmond defender desperately broke up the pass, but his intervention left it on a platter for the Westside striker who banged home from inside six yards. Full credit to Hibs, as many a team might have let the heads go down but, instead, they redoubled their efforts to find a way back into this one. It was all hands to the masts as they launched an unrelenting aerial barrage at the Westsiders who scraped and clawed the attacks away and looked to counter. Richmond got a lifeline with just under a quarter of an hour to play when Westside could not get the second phase of a cross cleared. The Hibs man took it on the bounce and hit a cracker of a half volley from the edge of the penalty area that went off the post and in; just a lovely finish, fun to watch. Richmond then had an absolutely guilt-edged chance that should have tied it when a cross came right through the six yard box to two unmarked Hibs players at the back post with an empty net, but somehow neither attacker was able to make contact. Richmond kept up their attacks right to the bitter end, but just could not get the ball to bounce cleanly in order to find the leveler. Similarly, Westside's counter attacks were always seemingly a pass away from surely providing them with a fourth goal to kill off the match. In the end time wound down and Westside emerged as the winner. Great efforts by both sets of players and both team's would have been deserved winners on the night. It's sad to see a great group of guys in Richmond have to bow out, but this time of year it's all good teams I suppose.

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
What team is on the best run with season being done going into provincials?

Based on the results Westvan, Croatia and Westside are on the good run. I would pick Croatia and Westside as my dark horses for the provincials. I actually had Richmond as my dark horse for the provincials but they didn't make it.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the draw the top four vmsl teams play each other in the first round lol. It will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts