Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier League 2001/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier League

Does anyone know what the draws are for this upcoming season?

Zeus (First Time TTP'er)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard

Welcome Zeus,

I've altered the thread title to better reflect what the thread should be about :D

Has the schedule even been finalized? I haven't noticed anything new on the excellent site for months now...

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs,

I've heard abunch of rumours but I was hoping to get some confirmation. I guess we'll just have to wait.........?

Any idea of whose in the Burnaby Tournament on the long weekend?

:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask HOS~

Hands of Stone posted a preliminary line-up of teams over in the VMSL Preseason Rumours and Scuttlebutt thread, you might want to check there...

I think Peg is in it for sure now but I'll be able to confirm after tomorrow nite's training session (our first).

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Calendar

KNVB,

Check the TTP Calendar for the month of September... first 3 weeks are listed.

Alternatively, the excellent site now has the first three weeks up of the schedule as well...

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Rovers Update

The Jesse-Hogan-on-again-off-again-on-again-off-again-on-again rumors.

As of Monday night, Hogan, who signed for Pac-96ers on Saturday, now wants to join his brother, Luke, at Sapperton. This will definately help our depleted back line. But wait, this is the same Jesse Hogan who told me last Tuesday that he was definitely going to play for Sapperton this upcoming season only to tell me on Wednesday that he has quit Sapperton. This is also the same Jesse Hogan who told me last year and 2 years before that he was committed to Sapperton only to change his mind one week later. Only time will tell what he will do this time because today is a new day.

As for Peg.
Can you, as a collective unit, be any older? I watched you play BC at the tourney and every player, except 2, were over 30....most were 33! I hear Paul Favs came out to help one game.....35 years old! He fits in just fine. Get some youth!

Burnaby Canadians.
Do you have enough players for the season kickoff? I hope Burnsie and Bestie got half of the tourney winnings, they deserve it. Miller, hang it up, bud and join HOS on the bench. BTW, use the winnings to buy new kit.

Sportstown.
They will have a good team this year. Reminds me of the early 90's Club I team; fast, intense, and have an edge to them.

Croatia.
They will struggle. They have no Croatian youth coming up....I know that this is a big concern for them.

Serbia.
Don't know anything about them, but the game against Croatia will be a battle.

Indo.
Who is going to score their goals? Apparently Sandy Sumra has something up his sleave; a new signing of some sort.

Sapperton.
No defense.....but what else is new? Hearnesie looks great but I think this will be a transition year for us.

Westside.
Do they have a team? No practices, exibition games, nothin! But every fcuking year they are good. I really hate those mother fcukers.

Trollers.
Who cares.

Sporting.
Play a very simple game....'suitcase' Batista will do nothing, and with Hanson in net. Ha! This is a very laughable team!

Argentina.
Kind of like Sporting. But they beat Metro Ford.

Metro Ford.
Mediocre year for them in 2001-2002. Lost some players. There is dissension in the ranks. They will have the advantage on the Friday night turf, but their mistique is lost.

Surrey U.
I really hate these guys and I don't bother paying attention to them. Doesn't everyone love to kick Dormer!? Isn't this the VANCOUVER METRO league? Why do we have to go out to Slurrey to play games?

Inter
With their 46 man roster being trimmed to the CFL maximum 37 players, their offensive line will have depth, but the defensive unit is small and will be vulnerable against the big wide receivers. Special units is also small, but will be effective.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia.
They will struggle. They have no Croatian youth coming up....I know that this is a big concern for them.
Reminds me of Eddie Murphy in Delirious: "I'm gonna bend over now. And when I bend over . . . start fcuking." :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Rovers preseason training schedule:

Sept 7th, 8pm -
Playing the Market
hosted by Jesse Hogan

- Sapperton players get some off-the-pitch counselling on how to increase their gross income (other than returning empty beer cans) from BC's favourite stock guru.

Sept 8th, 6pm
How to handle the goal-kick
hosted by: Bryan Wevers

- Joined by Abruzzo teammate Marc D'Andrea, Wevers explores the many ways a center back can completely bottle a simple goal-kick exchange from his keeper. Rumour has it that coach Dino Alberti may make a special guest appearance to chuck his clipboard at Wevers' head immediately afterwards. No confirmation as of yet.

Sept 9th, 7pm
One man's trash is another man's treasure
A documentary brought to you by Sapperton Rovers FC.

Join us as we delve into the magical resurgance of a group of soccer vagabonds, last season's SFU Clan Alumni team. Shunned by the high-priced free agents that took over the Clan Alumni name, this bumbling group of renissance men link up with the Rovers to form a new CAT team for the future. William Azzi calls it the "Feel good hit of the summer!"

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boo hoo bob

Bob~

Let me tell ya there is no love for Sapp. in Slurrey either! And yes we do love to Kick a Dormer now and agian thats why we got 2 so one could rest while we wack the other. Maybe if your "muck squad" could win some games you may help get us sent to div 1 and then there would be no more moans about the long ass drive out to surrey. Remind me when your out our way to give you a couple of bucks for gas to get you back over the bridge Have you ever made you way over to Ambleside?? Not exactly the shortest drive in the league;)

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little help.

knvb,

Maybe you can help me out. I forgot, how did Sapperton do last year?

Whataboutbob,

Lets hope you guys can sign Jesse Hogan, that will solve all your problems.

2 left feet

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to kick you when you're down WAB, but this seems to be a timely post:

Pre-season friendly last night at Queens Park.

Sapperton 2 - 4 RUFC "A"

A well paced friendly that saw Sapp take an early lead and advantage in play (2-1 sapp at the half). But RUFC rebounded in the second half to pot 3 goals and take the win.

Undoubtedly, both teams were shuffling bodies in an out to get their last pre-season look at a few hopefuls (Sapperton more so than RUFC), but a good game for both teams. Thanks for the run WAB. Best of luck on the season.

Willy

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls anyone

So with four days before the first games I can't find one guy who has made any predictions. Surley there must be someone who want's some pre-weekend banter.

OK I'll start Surrey U 3 - nil vs serb.:)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Chrysler 0
Croatia A 1

A thirty five yard screamer from Darko(the kind that blew past Sensei on the weekend) will secure all three points for the mighty Croats.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a good shot (the one on the weekend, anyways). Darko is a pretty solid player. He was easily the best player on the park during our match - but the one I let in was more of an 18-yard screamer, not a 35-yard screamer.

and I stopped Sulentic's PK to secure third place in the BCFC tourney.....or did I mention that already?

-Sensei.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senseless Hanson

That was a sweet "Day in the Life" of the Sapperton Rovers.

But I have to say; you are all talking about the boys from New West (all of whom are from either Surrey, Burnaby, Richmond, Vancouver, or Coquitlam). I wonder why.......hmmmm.

We may not be able to score goals (lost 2-0 to Westside and had ALL the play), but when we play you, I can see a 4 or 5 goal outburst. The back of your neck will be burnt!

Hey Slurrey boy,

You're right. I can't stand going out to the North Shore-it's always raining and they have the worst bridges. It is laughable, though, that you talk about your team improvement over the last four years, but you fail to mention that the team Slurrey had 5 years ago was better than the team you have now-no question about it. So basically, you're congratulating youself on getting worse! Only in Surrey.
BTW to answer your last question: the entire Slurrey U team of 1996 was pushed out.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets be honest

Bob~

There is no chance the team 5 year ago was better!!!!True that FVML team got "us" to the premier league but it was in no way better than the team we had last year or this year. It did however have tons of heart and tons of desire!! Oh and Bob they wern't pushed out they were "PLAYED" out of spots by up and comers.:cool:

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

Sporting 3 - Indo 2

I'm am very surprised and extremely happy with the result of course. Both teams were missing a bunch of players. We got an early goal, forcing Indo to bring up some guys from the backline later in the game.

Both teams had many quality chances, ours mainly coming on odd man rushes because of Indo pressureing from the backline. We had a 3-1 lead and managed to hold on after Indo put in their 2nd with 5 minutes to go.

Up 2-0 at half time, first goal came on a break down the wing and Paulo put it in far post. Then our second came off a throw in that went to Dino who hit a brilliant volley just inside the far post.

Second half, their first goal came on a very questionable P.K. call. Our player pulls a Neville slide check as an Indo player is dribbling to the endline and takes a dive on the edge of the box. Anyways, we went and scored our 3rd goal less than 5 minutes later when we got a breakaway, kinda looked off side, but the linesman didn't call it. Then we held on, like I said, until the final whistle.

I believe the game beside us ended Argentina 1 - Burnaby 0. I'm not sure though.

Cheers, Gomesy

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstown 2 -1 Inter

Very interesting result gomsey jr! Congrats, always nice to start the year off with a big win against a very strong opponent!!!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts