Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Exhibition results

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 Cap College 1...

The 11 of us hung on for a 1-1 which wasn't bad considering Cap put on 7 new players at half. Not exactly a pretty game but I think both side got a good run out of it...

My how fast the fitness goes, eh?

Any other results?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another ELITIST Premier thread. :rolleyes: :D

FFS, can't you just make it a VMSL Exhibition Thread?

BTW, Mr. and Mrs. Perez were wondering when you're starting up again with their wee boy. Make sure you give them a call. :D

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter plays Cap on Monday which should be a good outing for us also.

KNVB, any changes in the surrey camp to report this year?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rosenlund is coaching I hear and J Rosenlund is playing?

Blakeway is rumored to not be playing, Niall hasn't made up his mind and an offer sheet has been presented to a striker looking to change to a team closer to home.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankles,

Blakes is playing with MF, but is in the middle of Firefighter training so it'll be limited for sure, then he'll be on that 6 month probation thing when he goes full time. He's also expecting his second kid and a drive to Surrey vs a drive to Coquitlam from Maple Ridge was too good to pass up, I guess.

Smiles may or may not be back

Roselund is running the trainings and Jr is playing

Metro Ford play Poco tonight a Reeves turf

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He just hits on the under aged players.

Wow. What kind of shape can Croatia be in to be hiring Metro Gerela as their head coach? I guess that kills any chances of me playing there.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlights of a few recent indoor games between the VMSL and FVSL all-stars......Guess who is who? :D ;) Soccer's equivalent to the Harlem Globetrotters vs. Washington Generals. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRdNBO6LIXM"]YouTube - Crazy Footwork[/ame]

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - Cap 1

It is good to know that we are still in preseason as many of the players were very rusty in the game. Cap were fit and ran all over the place and scored on a decent shot from 25 yards out.

In the second half, Inter went back to its normal formation and began to play some good soccer with Jomo scoring. However, there is still a long way to go season opens.

Next up Trollers on Thursday.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp Results

Aug 18: Sapp 2 - Maple Ridge 1

Not a bad game considering it was the 1st. A pretty quick pace on the turf and a young, relatively fit, Maple Ridge squad. Ted Ullrich with a rocket from 20 out just before half and TT with the 2nd 10 min into the 2nd. Ridge reply 20 min later. Sapp has some good young talent. The bonus is few of them are playing with their university or college teams.

Aug 20: Sapp 2 - Vcr Olympics 1

Queens Park's grass was long, but looked great. Oye got 1 early in the game with some quick paced forwards creating havoc. Sapp settled and got 2 back before the break. Paul Favs and I foget the other scorer. 20 guys on the sideline never hurts in these early games. Oye got tired and thus no real threats by any team in the 2nd. Big pizza and booze up after the game. That's why Sapp is the place to be!

Next up Thurs, Aug 24 vs. Indo in Surrey. Aug 27th vs. Inter @ QP at 5 PM.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo-Akal's preseason so far....

Aug 17. Firemen 2 Indo-Akal 0

Aug 22. Tanoa 2 Indo-Akal 2

Decent start with some good stuff in both games, however, we haven't even been close to fielding a full team (like many other teams). Some guys on holidays, others nursing injuries, others still in summer mode, but at least we're out running around trying to get some touches and fitness back.

We have Sapp on Thursday, and Inter the following Thursday.

Anybody know when the schedule is coming out? Only 2 1/2 weeks left and no sign of it.....

Gilly

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fri, Aug 25

Sapp 2 - Some team made up of Delta and Surrey guys calling themselves "Fiji FC" 2

A total shite show at Burnsview in Delta, but it turned out to be a pretty good "Fiji" squad having a good run with Sapp. The field wasn't even lined (they used white flour to outline the perimetre only).

Scheduled start time 6:30, actual start 7:05. Sapp all ready to go on time and contemplated a team night out instead - completly not in the mood to play. Fiji shows with 5 guys and then all the calls go out to misc. players all over the valley. They end up with 11 decent players by 7:05 (14 in total). Some Fiji guys are wearing dark yellow uniforms, some "Brasil" T-shirts, others have dark-blue shirts and other light-blue shirts.

P Favs with 2 in 15 min. 2 for Garrett Kuche to tie it up early in the 2nd. We play only 30 minutes of the 2nd half and I don't get a chance to see some young guys play enough. Total garbage, typical of 99% of Surrey teams.

Last time Sapp plays a organized bunch like that ever again.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WhataboutBob, lot's of complaints about your game against a disorganized Surrey team but yet Sapp tied them 2-2. It seems funny about how you attack them for being disorganized and having to call players to field a team and yet the Provincial Champs with all their talent could only tie them! Look out Canada here comes SAPPERTON in 7 weeks!:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard the Olyimpic just got back from Greece 2 weeks ago.They lost to Sapperon last week in a close one but heard they had jet lag. Supposedly the Olyimpics had a 4 game tour in Greece and played 1st and 2nd divisions teams and came out with 1 win ,2 ties and a loss against powerhouse Olyimpakos 5-1 loss. Sam with the lone bright spot against the powerhouse. This team has a classy coach who cares about the players and I'm looking forward to seeing them stay up in Premier this year against all odds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0