Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possession wise and back and forth it didn't seem that bad to me.
Rose coloured glasses and all perhaps.

But the Wolves were absolutely clinical last night.

Very compact at the back and took their chances when they got them.
Even when Dylan had to make a couple of decent saves, he did.
They made it look so easy out there - Very impressive from back to front in all aspects of the match.

Carlo Basso remains a beast.
Incredible footballer.
Die to have that guy on my team.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he was patched up by a coach and went to hospital
I saw it from the other field it was a large knife
The Refree pull the guy with knife off him or it have been terrible

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did he get a red card??

Copa America Centenario Referee GIF by Univision Deportes

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the new tomorrow on stabbing at Trillium video is circulating not sure if the media has it
Downtown east side is terrible
Vancouver needs law and order
Or will end up like SanFrancisco

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This stabbing has now gone to the highest
Level at city hall
If they can send 8 Vancouver police to direct traffic for extinction rebellion
At lest put a special constable at Livingstone and Trillium when youth are on those fields
13 year olds were on fields just one hour before this happened
And youth come on at 6pm

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd check in to see how our buddy @LION and his crew at Coastal / Rino's were fairing this year.

1/2 way through and sitting 3rd, 2 points up and even on games played w/ Croatia, and amongst some good company at the top of the table. A big, big difference compared to the last time this crew was in the VMSL where they struggled at the bottom of the table.

So, not to stir the pot (besides, may be a short conversation between TTPs three posters), but I floated the idea earlier this year that it's time the last few founding member clubs of the FVSL remaining in their Premier division take their balls and move onto the VMSL.

Give me a good reason- besides travel- that Abbotsford should NOT make the move next season? Broker a similar deal as Coastal did this past season....I think most would agree that this squad in particular, along with coaching staff and pipeline of players, would compete in the VMSL's Premier Division. That being said, even if there is no deal to be made, give them a "Golden Ticket" into the 1st division, and bring over the whole club.

Same goes with Langley and Surrey United, except straight into Div. 1, as they'd be right to the bottom of the table in Premier anyways. If we are being honest, they'd likely be mid table in the VMSL Div. 1, but the club infrastructure is so strong they'd attract players back into the fold to compete for promotion.

The FVSL has essentially chosen to abandon the founding member clubs with their bizzar direction, so it's time to tear the band-aid off and make the "merger" of the leagues complete. It doesn't matter what the league is called, the mission should be to be a home for the best amateur players in the Lower Mainland of BC.

If you look at the teams and where they play, the league has essentially already swallowed up or have teams make it's home in the FV.

From the VMSL front page, their Mission Statement:

"The purpose of the Society is to develop, promote, extend and foster the game of soccer in the Province of British Columbia, Canada and to safeguard the interests of the clubs and teams competing in the VMSL, BC's premier amateur league."

What would be the objection here? Is travel the only objection, those long road trips to Abby? FWIW, we all hated those, too. Going from Surrey or Langley into Abby (or, Chilliwack...but really fun at the bar after) was a terrible road trip, but those are good clubs with a solid pool of players that should be competing with the best teams.

Tell me I'm wrong and why....

@lfc4 , comments?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trying to make it three, and you don't count. You are Switzerland Forever, I understand. I mean, thick irony, eh? The Club the FVSL Protested against four years ago- without Aldergrove's permission- is the same Club they now poach over from the VMSL to the FVSL. I understand that you are no longer in the executive, and need to be quiet. I get it, all good, but you aren't in the club of three. You are a lurker. ;D

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd check in to see how our buddy @LION and his crew at Coastal / Rino's were fairing this year.

1/2 way through and sitting 3rd, 2 points up and even on games played w/ Croatia, and amongst some good company at the top of the table. A big, big difference compared to the last time this crew was in the VMSL where they struggled at the bottom of the table.

So, not to stir the pot (besides, may be a short conversation between TTPs three posters), but I floated the idea earlier this year that it's time the last few founding member clubs of the FVSL remaining in their Premier division take their balls and move onto the VMSL.

Give me a good reason- besides travel- that Abbotsford should NOT make the move next season? Broker a similar deal as Coastal did this past season....I think most would agree that this squad in particular, along with coaching staff and pipeline of players, would compete in the VMSL's Premier Division. That being said, even if there is no deal to be made, give them a "Golden Ticket" into the 1st division, and bring over the whole club.

Same goes with Langley and Surrey United, except straight into Div. 1, as they'd be right to the bottom of the table in Premier anyways. If we are being honest, they'd likely be mid table in the VMSL Div. 1, but the club infrastructure is so strong they'd attract players back into the fold to compete for promotion.

The FVSL has essentially chosen to abandon the founding member clubs with their bizzar direction, so it's time to tear the band-aid off and make the "merger" of the leagues complete. It doesn't matter what the league is called, the mission should be to be a home for the best amateur players in the Lower Mainland of BC.

If you look at the teams and where they play, the league has essentially already swallowed up or have teams make it's home in the FV.

From the VMSL front page, their Mission Statement:

"The purpose of the Society is to develop, promote, extend and foster the game of soccer in the Province of British Columbia, Canada and to safeguard the interests of the clubs and teams competing in the VMSL, BC's premier amateur league."

What would be the objection here? Is travel the only objection, those long road trips to Abby? FWIW, we all hated those, too. Going from Surrey or Langley into Abby (or, Chilliwack...but really fun at the bar after) was a terrible road trip, but those are good clubs with a solid pool of players that should be competing with the best teams.

Tell me I'm wrong and why....

@lfc4 , comments?
TBH I am not sure the "travel" to Abbotsford is that big a deal. You go once a season. There would be some grumbling but I am sure teams could get it sorted for one trip. It might be more the travel the other way with Abby having to hike farther West than they would otherwise in the FVSL. That said, you would be looking at, depending on who is in Prem next season, three or four trips to Burnaby which is straight down the highway and where FVSL did have a team in the top flight for a few seasons along with three or four trips to Surrey, which Abby already does. There is also a trip to Coquitlam and Abby used to head to the Tri-Cities to play PoMo, who may also go up although they will have to take the long road to do so at this point, plus a jaunt out to UBC, but Abby are also doing that this season already. So really it would just be a couple trips to the North Shore and maybe a trip into the city or another journey to UBC which they would have to navigate.

Bigger issue is logistics. There is no "direct entry" into Premier - Coastal cooked up a backroom deal to make that happen. At the minute there does not seem to be any franchises on life-support in Prem looking to make a "merger", but who knows what surfaces in the summer. Abby would be a shoe-in for a Division 1 chance if they wanted it. However, while Abby would be the favourites, unlike the free spots given out to Port Moody and "Coastal" this past summer, any teams wanting to join Division 1 this coming year will have to declare their intention early in the New Year and then playoff against one of the sides that finishes second bottom this season. Again, you would back Abby to win that game, although it might be interesting in a one-off match if they have to play the second bottom team in Pool B. The real conundrum is having to commit to this change early in 2022 and not simply ghost in over the summer, at least if you want to take one of these "Golden Ticket" spots. Not sure how public the decision would be, but presumably it would reach the FVSL. Setting aside whether or not that would make the final few months of your season there incredibly awkward, what happens if you lay an egg in this play-in game which would presumably occur in March sometime? You go slinking back to the FVSL?

Also, I cannot see Abbotsford B coming to VMSL. Even if Abby A get into Division 1 or somehow work a spot in Premier, Abby B would have to go to Div. 3 unless a Div. 2 "merger" could be found. Those guys seem to love just winning FVSL Div. 2 every season and taking their precious Prov B Cup spot. Tough to see them giving that up to grind it out in Division 3 for at least one year. Maybe the Abby C team (which is annoyingly in FVSL Div. 1, despite Abby B being in Div. 2...) would be content to head for VMSL Div. 3, but who knows? Abby A could come alone, Coastal did, but that is hardly the club brand they like to promote.

As for Surrey and Langley. Tough to see Surrey moving back. If they were content to be a mid-table Div. 1 side they never would have headed back to the FVSL six years ago. The Club hierarchy also does not really seem too concerned with their men's program. The team is doing a decent job these days of giving young players who came up through the club a chance with the flagship program, but I do not think the top brass particularly care if they are in the FVSL or the VMSL. Given their struggles, the FVSL might continue to be more attractive. Also, not sure you can guarantee a win for this group in a play-in game.

Langley is slightly more interesting. Arguably they look to already have one foot in the VMSL. Langley United runs an "A" team that are currently top of the VMSL U21 Division. Of course the head of their men's program, Azad Palani, is an old Pegasus guy who knows the VMSL intimately and is aware of the differences between the leagues. He is not listed as part of that VMSL U21 team, though, so it is unclear what, if any, involvement he may have with that group. Interestingly, the VMSL has previously stated that these "Golden Ticket" opportunities are only for external teams, not internal ones (as our friends from CCB who are "trapped" in Division 3 so eloquently moaned about previously...although they seem to have gone rather quiet just at the moment...). It is not impossible to imagine a world wherein Langley United by way of Azad and the FVSL Prem team "challenge" for a VMSL Div. 1 spot under the guise of trying to get the spot under club control so that their U21s can move there. If they are successful, they can consider their options vis a vis Azad moving the Langley flagship program over there or remaining in FVSL and instead filling that spot with players from the U21 team and having a presence in both leagues. Alternatively, if they lose the play-in game, they can come back to the FVSL with no ill-will given that it was just a "ploy to get their U21 team a spot".

All that said, my understanding is that the FVSL is not exactly standing idly by, but I will expand on that further in the appropriate thread later.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is just crazy talk, but....

What if....

1. The league made an executive decision to allow a club like, oh, Abbotsford to transfer over directly into Premier.
  2. Allow one extra team to promote up, say, Port Moody or whoever is next up after all is said and done for promotion fights.
  3. Total 14 teams.
  4. Create two divisions: Metro Division, Fraser Valley Division
  5. With Metro Ford being included in the Valley Div, there is a pretty good split there 7 & 7.
  6. Play divisional teams 2 x each, cross over 1 x. Draw for home pitch. 21 matches.
Again, this is nonsensical crazy talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts