Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So weird.

We saw this when TSS got their PDL league squad (or whatever league that was, USL 2???), that there was overlap. It forced players to choose, and I know @YoAdrian at the time chose to stick w/ his squad for their Provincial run, and it hurt his integration into TSS. Other players got their shots, and it became a square peg in a round hole situation.

That being said, I went to a few of those early games, and it was clear to me that- although it was a track-meet, and there were very talented young players, an Inter (at the time) would completely dismantle them....or a Langley (then), Aldergrove (then), Croatia, Metro Ford, take your pick of any of the better VMSL Premier squads. So....I'm sure if you were to ask him, Yo would say that the Provincial run was a far more challenging and fulfilling run as a footballer.

Personally, I feel it should be written in the league Constitutions that if you qualify for A Provincials, it's mandated to go. Declining should mean automatic demotion down to Div. 2 (since I think Div. 1 still signs A forms). Provincials is our showcase for amateur football, it should be treated with priority. I may be in the minority on this, but....

Creating L1BC, I had expectations BC Soccer would find a way not to have conflict.

When can we start chatting Provincials? Following Whitecaps just ain't doing it for me.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I feel it should be written in the league Constitutions that if you qualify for A Provincials, it's mandated to go. Declining should mean automatic demotion down to Div. 2 (since I think Div. 1 still signs A forms). Provincials is our showcase for amateur football, it should be treated with priority. I may be in the minority on this, but....

Agreed, sort of.

You play in arguably the best amateur "beer league in the province" and achieve a better than decent league outcome to earn the right to compete in an even greater competition, and then you simply decide to "not compete"? Very strange.

Don't entirely agree with the punishment after the fact proposal, but would suggest that perhaps, clubs declare their intent at the beginning of the league campaign whether they plan on competing in said tournament, upon completion of league their league/Cup obligations? Does that make sense?

Just a thought....

I only ever managed to play a handful of A Provincial Cup games over the years, and they were typically away games....Long story short, they were FANTASTIC team trips in the end, regardless of the end result!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea how the relegation stuff works these days but a huge result last night with Peg downing Norvan 2-1.

Peg now safe from bottom 2... do they need to be involved in a playoff of some sort? Norvan finishes the season 2nd last.

ben dover

Feb 7, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan and Metro Athletic sing "hey hey goodbye" as they've sunk to div 1.
Don't see MAFC playing any prem footy any time soon honestly.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea how the relegation stuff works these days but a huge result last night with Peg downing Norvan 2-1.

Peg now safe from bottom 2... do they need to be involved in a playoff of some sort? Norvan finishes the season 2nd last.
Peg or White Eagles to play winner of Port Moody vs. Metropolitan playoff in Div. 1.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like Peg's chances in avoiding that playoff game :)

White Eagles up 1 point with final match vs Trollups mid-week.

Peg plays final match vs BB5 next weekend... I suppose by kickoff, Peg will know if their match means anything.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like Peg's chances in avoiding that playoff game :)
I like them better this morning :)

Peg 2-0 BB5

Peg stays up for next season 100%, no playoff game needed... that honour now falls to the White Eagles.

1648304731621.png
Trollups are on a run here as they topped Metroford 2-1 last night. Croats I guess can catch them in the table but means nothing at this point.

rxter

Sep 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier/1st Division Promotion/Relegation game: Bby Serbian White Eagles 0-1 Port Moody SC A in OT. Port Moody promoted to Prem Div along with Columbus FC and Westside FC.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Little harsh to blame the keeper there lol
Yup, just watched it again...explain what I'm missing? Ball was hit from about 20 yards, beat keeper short side, and he reacted late. So....by "what am I missing", was this deflected? Because this angle doesn't show a deflection, but that's more likely to do w/ being a bad angle. It wasn't exactly a cracker, either. It did seem to surprise everyone.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Season coming up for those not paying attention, time to move on from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts