Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL O40 Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccercoachBC

Aug 7, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I decided to put my soccer boots after many years.
Yesterday game with the Bombastic was quite fun.

I had to ask for substitution every 15 minutes because my body quickly realized that I could not run as it used, but I still managed to do some tackles and the odd good pass here and there.

More rough than expected. I am in the back line. The other team puts a through ball. I beat the guy on the run, but he trips me badly. No apology on his part; so next tackle I make sure that he gets it back harder, but he starts to moan to the referee. Yellow card is shown. Are you kidding me?

The game is tied, and I need to ask for a sub, and we get mixed up on the denfensive line. They score to be ahead 2-1. They are ahead and play well. There is almost no hope for us. Two minutes to go. I decide to put a bit of pressure and move up. The midfielders make a nice long pass. The forward wins the header. I received and control the ball. I have the back line behind me. I try to pass back, but there is no one to pass. I have to turn. Beat one defender on one on one, and run towards the goal line. The goalie and theree defenders ran at me. I stop the ball just in time. One defender passes by, and the other two are encircling. I hear the forward and see him open. The ball goes through the legs of the defender and the forward taps for the final goal. 2-2!.
Really enjoyable time with the guys. I realize how much I miss to play the game.
VAFC Thunder 2 - Bombastic 2

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, he did play well, despite having to be dragged off the field every 15 minutes for hits on the oxygen bottle :D. It's a good thing we have a team doctor considering what kind of condition most of these guys aren't in. I'll give him credit for starting this thread, too, even if he is using the wrong logo.

From the vantage point of a slightly objective observer, yes he did get whacked from behind, and the player who did it deserved a card he wasn't given. Then again, somebody needs to fess up that his own yellow was deserved too.:D

Bombastic are a reasonable bunch of old farts just like us. Their best guy on the night was a tall skinny Ingerlish git who had decent skills and still had a bit of pace - definitely still able to play for their over 35 team.

STD, level of play is about what you'd expect - a bit higher than the BCOTS, but it's a good thing that there are enough teams at this level to have two divisions; there is a huge jump from Div 1 up to Premier in quality. The big thing is that going into this, most of us have been playing against or even with each other for years, so that the guys you line up against are frequently very familiar as well - even though half our guys are new to the team, there's several who have been with us for 10 or more years. I expect to see more post-game sessions with both teams involved as the season progresses and the league continues.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SoccercoachBC is away, so I got stuck providing the game writeup...:rolleyes:

Lusos 3 Thunder 1. Freezing our arses off at 7:45 wondering if the lights were going to come on or not at Memorial - 7:50 they actually did come on. Much better game than the last go round with both teams trading chances, although Hadji tried his hardest to provide as many WTF moments as possible. They scored, we scored, and then they got 2 more and we couldn't. Scary moment for them when their keeper went behind the net to get the ball and wiped out because the turf had frozen. He missed hitting his head on the base of the net by a fraction of an inch, but was okay after a slow restart.

Post-game beverages were refrigerated at the park without any external coolant.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0