Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Inevitables"
lol

It will be a huge "shitting of the bed" if you or Harps don't finish top 2! haha

Agreed, but you made it sound like we'd already won the league, when in reality we have a 2 point lead (assuming Harps win games in hand)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
EDC Inter take a rare 6 point leap up to pull even with Pegasus with that victory and Romania forfeiting next week's game with them.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestVan play NorVan twice in the span of 5 days with the first tilt starting in an hour. WestVan can seal the league title with back to back wins. A win and a tie/loss opens the door for Peg and Chinter. PCOV can only sit and wait but surely their position at the top is not safe...right??

I wouldn't write NorVan off. They are in a relegation battle and every point counts for them and have gotten points on their Monday night home games. They play Westside in a few weeks which should clear up the relegation picture. NorVan do have an ace up their sleeve as their last game is against Romania who have forfeited 2 of their last 3 games unfortunately.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Romania have any interest in playing in Div. 1 next season they will need to play that game as 3 forfeits is grounds for expulsion at the league's discretion. I would expect the league to take a dim view of things as well if that forfeit expressly decided relegation. If things are already settled and Romania forfeit they perhaps they look the other way. Still, it is a home game and NorVan are not a massive powerhouse so you would hope Romania opt to give it a go.

West Van will surely be champions. Top five is settled as well meaning that the only way for anyone else into Provincials will be via the Cup.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final score tonight at Confederation was West Van 2 Norvan 0. Both teams had pretty full lineups, 29 with the shutout. Nice to play at the Alma Mater. Derby rematch Friday at Ambleside.

Last edited:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams had pretty full lineups, 29 with the shutout.
I dont know if everyone had boots on...but when I looked at your sideline at kickoff it looked like you had almost two teams worth of players! :D .

You guys were full value for the win but we should have knicked a goal or two and you all should have knotted some more.

Good competitive match with lots of battles and it was nice to see that 29 has not lost his singing voice.

Dont bring everybody on Friday...totally not fair!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know if everyone had boots on...but when I looked at your sideline at kickoff it looked like you had almost two teams worth of players! :D .

You guys were full value for the win but we should have knicked a goal or two and you all should have knotted some more.

Good competitive match with lots of battles and it was nice to see that 29 has not lost his singing voice.

Dont bring everybody on Friday...totally not fair!

Looks like they brought everybody :p

Congrats to @Sir M and WestVan. First time they lead the league and they're champs!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The things you don't see everyday department...last night about 75 minutes in, the game is at 3-0 and a few subs are being put in. One of the subs goes over to the corner of the park for a quick discrete nervous pee before coming on. The opposing keeper gets all bothered and starts waving his arms and screaming at the ref that a guy is taking a pee, and the ref comes storming over and cards the guy before he gets on the field. Then the distracted keeper promptly gets scored on again.

Older fart

Oct 16, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
The things you don't see everyday department...last night about 75 minutes in, the game is at 3-0 and a few subs are being put in. One of the subs goes over to the corner of the park for a quick discrete nervous pee before coming on. The opposing keeper gets all bothered and starts waving his arms and screaming at the ref that a guy is taking a pee, and the ref comes storming over and cards the guy before he gets on the field. Then the distracted keeper promptly gets scored on again.

Older fart

Oct 16, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
And after all that stuff that went on... thats what you have to talk about on the Take the Piss....your better than that Sir M...congrats West Van on League Champs but come on man

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like they brought everybody :p
I think we gave up fewer scoring chances than we did Monday but the scoreline got worse. We had a couple of our chances cleared of the line when the game was 0-1.. But the wheels wobbled in the 2nd. It was the right result in the end and yes they brought every one.....except 29....my ears and probably everyone else's appreciated that.
20200209_015813.jpg

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...Westside knocks off Croatia 2-0 in a huge win for them. Which opens up all sorts of interesting permutations re that second relegation spot now...Croatia in with 18, Westside could finish with 18, Norvan could finish with 19.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...Westside knocks off Croatia 2-0 in a huge win for them. Which opens up all sorts of interesting permutations re that second relegation spot now...Croatia in with 18, Westside could finish with 18, Norvan could finish with 19.

There is a NorVan vs Westside fixture left so one of those two clubs will be under 18 points after that game. The Romania game is practically a gimme for NorVan so safe to say they will be on 16pts and Westside on 15pts heading in to their head to head tilt.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a NorVan vs Westside fixture left so one of those two clubs will be under 18 points after that game. The Romania game is practically a gimme for NorVan so safe to say they will be on 16pts and Westside on 15pts heading in to their head to head tilt.
Romania game shows as scheduled for after Westside/NorVan.

Presumably the league will allow Romania to forfeit with lesser/no penalty if there is no effect on the relegation race (ie unless Westside/NorVan draw).

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting to see how some of the upper Div 1 teams do in Cup 29. Like the Croatia game. And the Inter Chile game. Although I guess Westside draws Peg in the first round so that's a waste.

Last edited:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any given Sunday some of those teams can pull off an upset but over a season. Maybe Rino’s or Harps could hang but as bottom feeders. Croatia maybe but they wouldn’t want to come up. I played there the last 3 years

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would guess the league will either relegate one and go with 8 teams in Premier...or find some way to bring it up to 10 like it was before.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts