Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Richmond was postponed by the official this afternoon. It has been spitting outside fairly heavily for the last little while, so there is a lot of standing water.

Sir M

Must have taken the whole Tim Horton's contingent to come up with that one.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Slats?? It was 6 of one half dozen of the other for the sideline shite. The game was well played without incident. The fact that you want to polish M's knob is a little surprising. Good luck the rest of the way,and yes I agree linos are a must.

I like Sir M.

Dennis B and Peter S. would never have allowed that nonsense that when on last night.

JTL

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Richmond was postponed by the official this afternoon. It has been spitting outside fairly heavily for the last little while now, so consequently there is a lot of standing water on the pitch.

Sir M

West Van managed to piss off mother nature now. Karmas a bitch M.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Richmond was postponed by the official this afternoon. It has been spitting outside fairly heavily for the last little while now, so consequently there is a lot of standing water on the pitch.

Sir M

I walked out on the pitch and didn't see much of this standing water. Even talking to some of the WV guys they agreed the field looked fine. It looked better than any time we have played at queens park anyway.
We only had 12 and I believe WV had low numbers so there was little complaining that it was called off.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well found out from a credible source today, that the lino from last nights game between the Lions and Poco, has decided to quit the weekend part time job and stay in school! Also this one is from a credible source in that Sir M does a great job with the nets!

I know what an integral role you play with that team. The nets certainly don't put themselves up.

I thought the result last night between Sapp and PCOV was a fair result for both teams!! The one thing circulating from last nights tilt between Poco and the Lions is why did they choose a newly signed player to take the PK? Rumour has it Zuco has never missed a peno, unless of course he wasn't on the field

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fuzzy, I was on the sidelines for half the game and didn't hear any of that at all. Not to say it didn't happen but i sure didn't hear it if it did. As well he didn't seem to raise the flag to make any calls which I believe was why the guy took the flag. I did not see him raise it once. He may have but I didn't see it.

Just to clarify, that does not make the incident right or good.

Have I covered my ass well enough here?

I'll take the word of my nephew on this one. And I stood beside him after coming off early and saw him lift the flag several times.

Nothing was good or right there - agreed. JTL - I didn't go after anyone, and I especially didn't know who the Gentleman was or his health. I have already explained this to Ollie (hope he received the message).

The(inappropriate) flick of his ball cap (that pissed you guys right off) was in response to the inappropriateness of ripping the flag and language used to my 16 year old nephew. Why not the other guy - he was cowarding away.

I think the issue is done. As done as Sir M's relevance to the world.

On to Columbus.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I walked out on the pitch and didn't see much of this standing water. Even talking to some of the WV guys they agreed the field looked fine. It looked better than any time we have played at queens park anyway.
We only had 12 and I believe WV had low numbers so there was little complaining that it was called off.

The one goal had alot of water in the 6 yard box.
The rest of the field was fine.
@ 1:20 nets were up.
1:26 the ref had called the game
1:29 he was on the phone with Angelo.
By 1:32 the ref was gone and on-route to his
Next game. I guess.
Unbelievable.
Cheers Deucy.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The(inappropriate) flick of his ball cap (that pissed you guys right off) was in response to the inappropriateness of ripping the flag and language used to my 16 year old nephew. Why not the other guy - he was cowarding away.

I think the issue is done. As done as Sir M's relevance to the world.

On to Columbus.

IT'S A BOY!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dropped by this one for the last half hour after work...good hard fought game with a clash of styles, and clean all around. Westside had most of the possession but could not hit the net, plus the Columbus keeper played well. Columbus defended very well and got one with about 25 or 30 to go on a goal that Westside claimed was offside, but I was at the opposite end of the field so cannot comment. Columbus sealed it with about ten to go on a classic counter on a semi breakaway while Westside was pressing up. Nice clinical finish on that one. Columbus 2 Westside 0 final. Angelo reffed this one and did a good job I thought.

Sir M

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013well

Well today game was a very good game . 0-0 at halftime Good chances at Both ends of the pitch. Seem like the Columbus goalie was a lot busier than the West side Goalie. Second-half started the same as the first ,good chances by both teams But it was Columbus that had Capitalized On their chances . Columbus had their Goalie in ,that doesn't play often but when he does play They win. Maybe the coach should play him more often. He made a lot of good saves was in the right place at the right time n was the busier goalie of the two. Even though he is short , he still Managed to Out jump there tallest guy to put the ball out of play a few times. 3 games played 3 wins 1 goal against . What do you think sir n you were at the game. Is Westside going to go down

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny C you did play well and I was impressed, you remind me of Rob Z 6 or 7 years ago. And you did out jump big Simon a few times to tip it away, but you have to admit that perhaps the ref thought he instead of you got the last touch so you guys got a few goal kicks that should have been corners :).

As far as your question about relegation, I do not believe Westside will get sent down. And if they get on a roll, well anything can happen in cup, BCs etc and based on what I saw and their pedigree, I would not rule anything out. Teams are very closely matched this year.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny C you did play well and I was impressed, you remind me of Rob Z 6 or 7 years ago.

Sir M

Johnny C, don't let this qoute inflate your head!;) As Sir M is probably meaning to say the part that you reminded him of Rob Z,was:eek: when he never would keep his mouth shut and constantly bitched at his back line!!

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. He made some good stops and communicated really well to his back line.

thanks sir m. but i dont take it as a compliant to be compared to rob z. as he and i had many great battles many yrs ago in the italian league, and we areboth very different. i play like a defender as im at my 18 or further out at times...
but i do agree that we both do yell alot to our players...but i dont walk around in circles like he does...
lol

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Running out of excuses....and time ffs! We didn't play well but were the better team in my opinion. Had the chances to win it but are really struggling to score right now. As for the first goal; I'm not sure it was even a foul to begin with but it was the easiest offside call to make and Angelo shite the bed. Like Sir M says, they score on a counter when we were pushing. Pretty frustrating days in the Westside changeroom.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks standings:

#
Team
GP
W
T