Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van has been awarded a 3-0 win on this one by the VMSL.

Btw way Sir M. I'm sober. 1 Large cup of coffee...

Why doesnt the vmsl just make it 10-0... Wow, thats a crock to me...... If the score is and was 0-0 in a Abd game. WV gets the win. It should only be 1-0 WV. So SU walks off the pitch with 8 guys. So the Vmsl decides to punish them 1 goal for every player missing..
Sounds like the Vmsl is doing whatever they wish...

If CS or Walks could comment , that would be great... My refs ticket is expired so im not sure..........
I hope goal difference isnt a concern @ the end of the year....

Deucy

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
. If the score is and was 0-0 in a Abd game. WV gets the win. It should only be 1-0 WV. So SU walks off the pitch with 8 guys. So the Vmsl decides to punish them 1 goal for every player missing..

Deuce, the game was ABD because of SU walking off the field in protest of the ref. Most leagues locally that I'm aware of have been awarding 3-0 victories for forfeits, defaults.The reasoning behind this makes sense to me. WV may have scored more than 3-0 with SU short 3 players in a 90 min game. To play Devils advocate maybe SU steals a point and gets a tie or a win, but in the end none of us will ever know. The reason why..... is because SU chose to walk off the field not WV. Goal differential is usually one of the tie breaking points with teams that are tied in points at the end of a season. I know it's not the first one but it is generally the second or third rule in determining placement order.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If CS or Walks could comment , that would be great...

Deucey ....... the VMSL has the final & only say in this. Referees (& ex-referees in my case :) ) only file a match report and it's then up to the league to decide.

Cheers, Walks

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van has been awarded a 3-0 win on this one by the VMSL.

My understanding is that when a game is abandoned (for reasons other than default) with the second half not started, that game will be replayed. If the second half has kicked off then the score stands as the final result. Perhaps that was what SU was trying to accomplish?

Perhaps the VMSL can update its constitution?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other team went from 11 to 8 in about 10 minutes, fouled like crazy when under pressure, and then yelled/swore at the ref, got cards, got sent off as a result and then they just quit. If it went 90 it could have been really ugly for them. Hopefully we get a better run this coming week before the Western Canadians.

Not sure what you are on about Regs. As I said, hopefully that was a one off for SU, but oh my I cannot recall ever seeing a display like that in recent memory.

Hopefully the suspensions will not be that bad for SU.

Sir M

Firstly, I wasn't there to partake in this fiasco. Secondly, by no means do I or anyone on our team feel any satisfaction in the way we decided to handle a rapidly deteriorating situation. Thirdly, I will reserve comment about the official. Fourthly, we honestly felt we needed to cut our losses and get out of Dodge to survive and live another day. Fifthly, by all accounts we were outplaying you Sir M and out-chancing you. This has been conveyed to me by even our own worst critics. Regardless, it doesn't quite jive with why a team that was very much in the game had to resort to what we did. Sixthly, your comments about "fouling all over the place" seem to be in COMPLETE contradiction to what I have been told by everyone. My seventh point has to do with what I would call "contradictory" and "arrogant" tones to your comments. We are middle aged men who can read between the lines. It's insulting.

Finally, no team should ever walk off a pitch, and to expand on this, feel the need to walk off the field. We were wrong to do so and in the heat of the moment, it seemed as if it was the ONLY solution to address the problems at hand. Your comments on this forum wreak as opportunistic and of kicking someone when they are down. We have handled this internally and are a proud team and club. The last thing we wanted to do is embarass our club. Believe it or not, wrong as it was, we actually believed we were preserving our club. We were wrong either way, but I think we took the lesser of two evils.

Without saying anymore, analyze what transpired and I certainly don't expect us to agree on all points. But you were baiting us on this site before we knew what our punishment would be from the league. This had NOTHING to do between West Van and SU Masters. This was between the official and SU Masters.

On to the next game less three players. I hope we have learned our lesson.

This is the last and only time I will comment on this but I had to say something to give a bit of perspective from our team. We answer to the league and to our club. We accept that fully.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All fairly correct BB except for the SU out playing WV part, the chance that has been referred to is when Arnie studded Planks in the chest, that was pretty well it for SU. I am not kicking anyone when they are down, SU were fully responsible for their own behaviour: as you say we are grown men.

It is history now BB, I was not disrespecting SU, I am calling it as it happened. But I can say with a couple weeks before Western Nationals, it would have been nice for the opponents to play us for more than 35 minutes. You have to wonder, further, if one side had so much of the run of play as your friends (in my view who hold quite an inaccurate view) and to say that there was no fouling (very inaccurate) , why that side took 8 or 9 yellows in half an hour, (the other side took none) with the final yellow being after they got upset after fouling the WV attacker 22 yards out and kicked th
e ball off the field, and that was it? Not sure that you are getting the real story.

There could be some ugly suspensions coming up I think.

Anyway, I could go on, but I will leave it at that.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Firstly, I wasn't there to partake in this fiasco. Secondly, by no means do I or anyone on our team feel any satisfaction in the way we decided to handle a rapidly deteriorating situation. Thirdly, I will reserve comment about the official. Fourthly, we honestly felt we needed to cut our losses and get out of Dodge to survive and live another day. Fifthly, by all accounts we were outplaying you Sir M and out-chancing you. This has been conveyed to me by even our own worst critics. Regardless, it doesn't quite jive with why a team that was very much in the game had to resort to what we did. Sixthly, your comments about "fouling all over the place" seem to be in COMPLETE contradiction to what I have been told by everyone. My seventh point has to do with what I would call "contradictory" and "arrogant" tones to your comments. We are middle aged men who can read between the lines. It's insulting.

Finally, no team should ever walk off a pitch, and to expand on this, feel the need to walk off the field. We were wrong to do so and in the heat of the moment, it seemed as if it was the ONLY solution to address the problems at hand. Your comments on this forum wreak as opportunistic and of kicking someone when they are down. We have handled this internally and are a proud team and club. The last thing we wanted to do is embarass our club. Believe it or not, wrong as it was, we actually believed we were preserving our club. We were wrong either way, but I think we took the lesser of two evils.

Without saying anymore, analyze what transpired and I certainly don't expect us to agree on all points. But you were baiting us on this site before we knew what our punishment would be from the league. This had NOTHING to do between West Van and SU Masters. This was between the official and SU Masters.

On to the next game less three players. I hope we have learned our lesson.

This is the last and only time I will comment on this but I had to say something to give a bit of perspective from our team. We answer to the league and to our club. We accept that fully.

Knowing you BB, really disappointed with yours comments. One point is clear though, the SU Master team let down a CLUB, a club that its directors and COACHES at all levels (you included) had worked so hard to build a reputation, a club which have won NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All fairly correct BB except for the SU out playing WV part, the chance that has been referred to is when Arnie studded Planks in the chest, that was pretty well it for SU. I am not kicking anyone when they are down, SU were fully responsible for their own behaviour: as you say we are grown men.

It is history now BB, I was not disrespecting SU, I am calling it as it happened. But I can say with a couple weeks before Western Nationals, it would have been nice for the opponents to play us for more than 35 minutes. You have to wonder, further, if one side had so much of the run of play as your friends (in my view who hold quite an inaccurate view) and to say that there was no fouling (very inaccurate) , why that side took 8 or 9 yellows in half an hour, (the other side took none) with the final yellow being after they got upset after fouling the WV attacker 22 yards out and kicked th
e ball off the field, and that was it? Not sure that you are getting the real story.

There could be some ugly suspensions coming up I think.

Anyway, I could go on, but I will leave it at that.
Huh?

Planks got studded on a toe poke shot by Arnie? What? There was a different chance in the box I believe Arnie was called for a foul but that's not the point-blank shot Planks saved.

We received 7 yellows in under 10 minutes, none of them for fouls I believe - yes, I realize that is probably worse but don't twist the number to try and support your posturing here.

And to characterize the last yellow the way you do is borderline idiotic. EVERYONE on the park knew that was a dodgy call by Miro. It's the first thing Besty said to me as I walked onto the pitch to shake hands. Free kick, player touches ball, Carson runs in thinking it is now in play and hammers the ball.

Stop being such a prick on this game. Yes, our actions embarrassed our club just as your continued comments are starting to embarrass yours.

Obviously we couldn't keep our mouths shut when needed, why can't you do the same?

I will say that we weren't outplaying WV, in fact I would say 60-40% possession in your favour however I do think in that 35 minutes we had more clear-cut opportunities to score.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this banter has led me to believe that Sir M is arrogant, contradictory, an instigator and kicks people when they are down. Just
my opinion.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's matches:

Friday:

Columbus at 22nd Avenue Lions
Westside at Sapperton
West Van at Richmond
Wickham at PCOV

Sunday:

Metro Ford at Surrey Utd

Thoughts/predictions?

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts are, what are Sir M's predictions, asides from riling up SU?

Sir M
Re: [VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

This week's matches:

Friday:

Columbus at 22nd Avenue Lions
Westside at Sapperton
West Van at Richmond
Wickham at PCOV

Sunday:

Metro Ford at Surrey Utd

Thoughts/predictions?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think they need me to get themselves all riled up...

I will go with:

Columbus
Westside
WestVan
PCOV

and...

SU/MF...tie

Sir M

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's go with:
Columbus
Westside / Sapperton - draw
West Van
PCOV

Sunday:

Metro Ford at Surrey Utd - flip a coin. MF had 3 reds against Westside last year. Can you guess who was in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0