Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the start of the 2011 - 2012 Season........WVFC vs Surrey.
3 Red Cards in 3 minutes....Surrey walks off park at 35 minute mark after 3rd Red!
Miro was in the middle.

What a gong show.

Third red was a result of WV having a free kick and when taking it, a player put his foot on the ball... our guy runs in and kicks the ball off towards the sideline. Red.

Last time I checked, the ball is in play as soon as it is touched.

I would feel bad for WV for a waste of an evening if it weren't for the 7:30 KO on a Friday evening :mad:

:)

At the end of the day though, you need to keep your yap shut when Miro is in the middle. That's just the way it is... 2 years since the last abandoned game with him in the middle, I guess out memory is short. Not as short as his mind you but it is what it is.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Last time I checked, the ball is in play as soon as it is touched.

When was the last time you check Regs? Because Law 13 which refer to the Free Kicks said:

The ball is play when is kick and moves

Just saying

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last time I checked the laws of physics, it's pretty hard to touch something and not have it move.

Even if she's 300 pounds, it'll move.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will get the ball rolling for this weeks season opening predictions!

-Coq Metro Ford vs 22nd AAve Lions 2 new teams up in the Premier spot one of them earning their way the other team buying their way. MF has been here before until they were relegated while the Lions have lots of players who have played at this level before but not together as a team. Metro ford wins this one by 2 goals
- Wickham vs Richmond 2 teams that will struggle this year but at least one of them comes out of the gate with a win and a chance to build some confidence. I'm going with Wickham here as they seem to do well at home.
-Westside vs Sporting oops I mean PCOV, PCOV has done well at recruiting this summer and should start the season with a win over WS a team that always gives the Pork Chops problems during the regular season!
- Columbus vs Sapperton, Columbus will still be the class of the league while Sapp has lost some players. Sapp will still battle but unfortunately will be no match for Columbus who will take this one!
-WV vs SU, WV is serious about bringing the Western trophy back to BC this year and will use these next 3 weeks as tune ups games for that.SU will be a middle of the pack team this year and are going to lose this to one of the powers of the league this weekend!

Conductor,
Its such a good day when we (Richmond F.C.) can prove you wrong on your predictions..

Oh btw you to Sir M. At least you gave us a tie...... :( boooooooo..... its always nice to prove you wrong ...... just once or twice is great.

Great conversation with you in New York :) ...................................

Cheers,
Deucy

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Deucy, after you have a coffee this morning (or afternoon), please share about your game, score etc...

Sir M

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Sir M. Classic Duecey 2am rant, no wrapup and more importantly no scoreline!

Conductor,
Its such a good day when we (Richmond F.C.) can prove you wrong on your predictions..

Oh btw you to Sir M. At least you gave us a tie...... :( boooooooo..... its always nice to prove you wrong ...... just once or twice is great.

Great conversation with you in New York :) ...................................

Cheers,
Deucy

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Even if she's 300 pounds, it'll move

Well Regs, thanks for sharing your experiences...yeah if you touch a jello (300 pounds) for sure it will move. :p

But please help me since you know more English than me, is there any difference between KICK & TOUCH?

Thanks in advance,

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many 'abandoned' games are there on average per year in the VMSL? Anyone have any idea? 4 or 5 a year? I've been fortunate enough to never have to abandon a game in the league. It happens far too often it would appear.........

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Deucy, after you have a coffee this morning (or afternoon), please share about your game, score etc...

Sir M

Oh come on Sir M just pokeing the bear after a pints around the cooler.
Yes I have had 2 cups of coffee and I feel great... Feel like i'm 10 feet tall:)

Richmond F.C. 1 - Wickam 0
Was a very good out come for Richmond travelling to North Van and getting a win. We outchanced Wickam. They worked there bags off had a few quality chances but felt that we deserved the win. Wickam looked like they had some new faces, and as always is a tough team to play....

Cheers,
Deucy

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say I do feel for the SFC crew that had to drive to Ambleside for a 7:30 game and then to have crap refereeing lead to their abandonment. Having said that, we all know what we are up against when we see particular refs and should adjust accordingly. Start by shutting the FCUK up. This goes for anybody and everybody, Besty included. Unfortunately our competitiveness gets the better of us and thigs likr last night are the result. I am sure WV will get the 3 points.

Now correct me if I am wrong, does the ball not have to make a full 360 degree rotation to be considered in play. Regs I am sure your view from 75 yards away was better than my view from 80 yards away. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say I do feel for the SFC crew that had to drive to Ambleside for a 7:30 game and then to have crap refereeing lead to their abandonment. Having said that, we all know what we are up against when we see particular refs and should adjust accordingly. Start by shutting the FCUK up. This goes for anybody and everybody, Besty included. Unfortunately our competitiveness gets the better of us and thigs likr last night are the result. I am sure WV will get the 3 points.

Now correct me if I am wrong, does the ball not have to make a full 360 degree rotation to be considered in play. Regs I am sure your view from 75 yards away was better than my view from 80 yards away. :p

Planks it's not competitiveness, it's age. :) Body just can't do what it used to and that is hard for some of the 'older' players to take. That's why I stopped playing 8 years ago. :D and became a ref.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys, lets go for an expert opinion on moving a 300 pound object.

Eagles, how do you get out of bed in the morning after a late one?

Sir M

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Start by shutting the FCUK up. This goes for anybody and everybody, Besty included. :p

Planks, you must be mistaken, especially when your so far back in the play. Besty is a true gentleman on and off the field and i am sure you have him mistaken for someone else.

PS: Happy birthday to city, i heard he just turned 33. Must be nice playing in an old man's league :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0