Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 6 - Wickham 0

Was it a full moon last night.
It didn't occur to me until after the game that ppl-mvr wasn't there to cheer us on, catch up on old times, or even finalize the Hooped Idiots entry into our Beer Bowl Subdivision (BTW - rejected on a technicality). Trying to ram his way into our dressing room at half, I should have known he was there to scout us for the upcoming clash next week in Richmond. I don't know if he got much of anything except to conclude that the best way to approach Sapp was to spot us a 4 goal cushion and watch us implode all over the field.

:

Oh c'mon WAB! I just was going in the dressing room to keep warm and dry! :rolleyes: :p
WAB is spot on in his assessment of the game tho. The ref was an absolute joke! By halftime the game could have gone either way as the only goal of the half was the pk that should not have been. In the second half Wickham had run out of gas and then they go down two men....it was all over. The Sapp red was completely ridiculous but it will definitely help us out on Friday nite! :)

As for the Richmond-Surrey game today....I thought Richmond had more of the ball and the better chances but couldn't quite finish. The shot of the crossbar and rebound that followed when the score was 1-1 would probably have been the decider but it is a game of inches. One little bobbled rebound at the other end and Meers as usual with the tap in from a yard out!

Sapp this Friday and hopefully I'm healthy enough to play as it looks like Sapp is going to be short players but it will still be a tough game as they look to be one of the early favorites once again this year.

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor I am sure you mean inappropriate. But it would be good to get the NSCL thread going, so maybe you can post about your team and new play ers you have there. I think you have been provided the link.

Originally posted by Sir M
Sir M
Big M, whatever. West Van FC M "A" vs the upstart Flying Horses Tues, Sept 7 at Ambleside at 8 PM.

Sir M/Lieutenat/Jags

BIG M with his first shut out of the season yesterday. I'm sure you guys watched the hilights on TMZ last night.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp will be very, very short for Friday's game.
We have 17 signed players. 6 players are out. Hence we'll have 13 for the game.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp will be very, very short for Friday's game.
We have 17 signed players. 6 players are out. Hence we'll have 13 for the game.

Well Wab, since I'm such a Expert on being "short".
You might not have 13 players... I'm guessing around 11. I failed Grade 10 math 4 times so you may want someone else to clarify..

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deuce
I figure you'll help us out. wink, wink, nudge, nudge. BIG announcement coming out of the Sapp camp in 1 day.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's called creative accounting.........stay tuned!;)

WAB is assuming that McNabb will show up on Friday....i think he is forgetting that it is a Friday night 9pm AWAY game! Calling up Teddy is an option but he is too proud to play with the OLD guys...he's still living the dream in the open division! I guess you can count Bohica as a signed player but what is he going to give you, 10 mins.? ;)

maverick

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, the grass pitch sure helped!

More beatings to come.

Scilaci, not sure why you continue to blame Alemania for Cliff Ave's demise. The reason Cliff Ave got relegated is CLIFF AVE. The reason Cliff Ave folded is CLIFF AVE. Romania and Alemania both earned their spots by finishing in the top 2. If you have an issue with the promotion -relegation system take it up with the league.
Stop your whining and blaming others for your failures. Stop being a coward and take responsibility for your failures.
If Cliff was able to compete in premier, they would still be there. Or you could have gone to Div 1 and EARNED your spot back. Or were you afraid that you wouldn't be able to.
I'm pretty sure that if Romania and Alemania get regulated they wouldn't blame the teams that get promoted. They will most likely take relegation like men.
Time to get on with your life.

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB is assuming that McNabb will show up on Friday....i think he is forgetting that it is a Friday night 9pm AWAY game! Calling up Teddy is an option but he is too proud to play with the OLD guys...he's still living the dream in the open division! I guess you can count Bohica as a signed player but what is he going to give you, 10 mins.? ;)
That is all it takes me to score one you guys though

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the game at queens park was a complete joke.
i don't know if bc soccer has decided to import some of fifa's most retarded men in the middle but 'the professional' takes the cake.
he can barely communicate in english, he obviously doesn't know what 'yards' is, he clearly thinks that if one team recieves a red card so should the other.

whataboutbob - the referee is apparently a former professional player from MACEDONIA. i think that says it all.
Now it all makes sense. This is the same ref who did the PoCo/PAU Open game in the BC's last year. He was subsequently taken off the FVSL referees list for 2010-2011.

Here is the thread:
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/b...6165-bc-provincial-cup-draw-men-2010-a-5.html

Here is a post from number10hamburgler:
You know i was thinking i was going to post here about an awesome grudge match against PAU and POCO, but i've never seen one referee sabotage one game more than this referee. I drove out to watch a potentially awesome game, and after the 15th minute the ref sent off 2 POCO players in one play. And in total sent off 3 POCO players. And none of the plays seemed like red cards, maybe a stern warning and a couple yellows. It just boggles the mind. I've never seen that many players sent off so quickly in such a short time span in such an important game. It was weird to say the least.

I'm not going to even try to figure out what this ref was thinking, but it's safe to say he won't be referring any FVSL or VMSL games after this performance in a very important game, or at the least won't be in high demand to ref in important games. There definitely seemed like there was some sort of vendetta or something wrong with this ref. Strangely enough, he seemed fairly decent in other FVSL games during the regular season, but completely dropped the ball in this game.

Anyways, my condolences to POCO and even PAU, the game just seemed weird after the 2 send offs. And well done to POCO for keeping their cool during and after the game. And to PAU for keeping the scoreline decent. Most would have been fcuk off to the ref and fcuk off to the game, let's go to the pub for some wings and dinner cause the ref is out to lunch.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did someone say McNabb??? tell him I want my pants,shorts,shirts,towels and cleets back!!!

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scilaci, not sure why you continue to blame Alemania for Cliff Ave's demise. The reason Cliff Ave got relegated is CLIFF AVE. The reason Cliff Ave folded is CLIFF AVE. Romania and Alemania both earned their spots by finishing in the top 2. If you have an issue with the promotion -relegation system take it up with the league.
Stop your whining and blaming others for your failures. Stop being a coward and take responsibility for your failures.
If Cliff was able to compete in premier, they would still be there. Or you could have gone to Div 1 and EARNED your spot back. Or were you afraid that you wouldn't be able to.
I'm pretty sure that if Romania and Alemania get regulated they wouldn't blame the teams that get promoted. They will most likely take relegation like men.
Time to get on with your life.

Hey Maverick,

Relax, a post like that, you must have a lot of anger inside of you or a big............(rhymes with venus). Far from a coward buddy. By the way, are you on a team???

Alemenia: 0 wins 1 tie 17 loss GF 5 GA 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0