Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes @machel, the MD1 + MD2 teams combined into one division early in the season because MD2 was down to 5 teams after GFC C-Men folded. The first round of matches resulted in a split table (top 8 teams to MD1, bottom 7 teams to MD2). Now what's happening is a promotion/relegation playoff to determine the teams for next season.

MD1 7th vs MD2 2nd
MD1 8th vs MD2 1st

Winner are guaranteed to be in MD1 next year.

If enough new teams join to fill out MD2, then I think the teams losing the playoff matches would get to be in MD1 too.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A kind of off topic question:
At our age I don't see why we're not permitted to play for another team in a different division/league.
For example why isn't it ok to sign for a Master's Prem team and then play in a lower division team that's not club affiliated or a team in a different BCSA league altogether? Say a person has a son/nephew/cousin they want to play with but can't because of this rule or you just want to play with some pals who are still a bit younger and still playing open age. Thoughts?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I get your point but it's a slippery slope to a whole can of worms...

Seems logical enough to let an O35 player freelance among lower division teams in other leagues, but where do you draw the line? Some O35s are very good players and often CAT into Open, so I guess the extreme example would be all of EDC's O35 Prem decides to go off to the Valley one weekend and play with some guy on the team's nephew and his buddies in Div. 2 FVSL and maybe it helps them get promotion, or win a cup game or keep another team out of Provincials etc.

The point is the lines get blurred real quick. They need to be registered in whatever league they are playing in for insurance purposes in case they break their leg and don't have medical. Plus what happens if the guy from VMSL masters helping out in the BMSL open gets sent off?? Is he suspended in both leagues?? Does he just vanish into the wind? What happens if it turns into a "Milad-style" incident? It sounds far fetched, I know, but what is to stop teams from just hiring goons from masters to come in and injure opposing players and then vanish of into their own league?

Then what division is "low enough" for them to play in? Can you play masters in the FVSL and then open in the VMSL? Who manages this coming and going of players? Can you play in cups? Provincials? Can you play on multiple teams in the same league if your Masters in another league? Ie can @machel from VMSL Masters play one week with Team A in FVSL Div. 2 and then the next with Team B in FVSL Div. 2? Who keeps track of that? Or can you play on one team in each Division?? It gets real confusing real quick.

I think at the end of the day it's just about trying to keep the playing field and level of competition as even as possible for everybody. Want to play with your friends for fun? Play UrbanRec.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I get your point but it's a slippery slope to a whole can of worms...

Seems logical enough to let an O35 player freelance among lower division teams in other leagues, but where do you draw the line? Some O35s are very good players and often CAT into Open, so I guess the extreme example would be all of EDC's O35 Prem decides to go off to the Valley one weekend and play with some guy on the team's nephew and his buddies in Div. 2 FVSL and maybe it helps them get promotion, or win a cup game or keep another team out of Provincials etc.

The point is the lines get blurred real quick. They need to be registered in whatever league they are playing in for insurance purposes in case they break their leg and don't have medical. Plus what happens if the guy from VMSL masters helping out in the BMSL open gets sent off?? Is he suspended in both leagues?? Does he just vanish into the wind? What happens if it turns into a "Milad-style" incident? It sounds far fetched, I know, but what is to stop teams from just hiring goons from masters to come in and injure opposing players and then vanish of into their own league?

Then what division is "low enough" for them to play in? Can you play masters in the FVSL and then open in the VMSL? Who manages this coming and going of players? Can you play in cups? Provincials? Can you play on multiple teams in the same league if your Masters in another league? Ie can @machel from VMSL Masters play one week with Team A in FVSL Div. 2 and then the next with Team B in FVSL Div. 2? Who keeps track of that? Or can you play on one team in each Division?? It gets real confusing real quick.

I think at the end of the day it's just about trying to keep the playing field and level of competition as even as possible for everybody. Want to play with your friends for fun? Play UrbanRec.

The best way for new ideas to live or die is to ask questions and have open discourse and I can see now that there is a whole can of worms there. I'll have a think about what you said. All good points. Urban rec? pleeeease! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts