Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel you got one right...

It's clear I've under estimated Westside so far this season. Emphatic win for @Dancin Bear and co over EDC.

WestVan have been playing good all year and I've noticed Fett's goals total hasn't increased for a couple of weeks so they're getting scoring from other players. Scary.

I personally don't think the Flying Horses are as bad as their record.

As for my picks...good thing these aren't bets for money! lol

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since @machel is SO bad at this...

PCOV v Columbus - should be a good battle but Columbus too strong in the end. 2-0
Croatia v MF - MF keep rolling and have too much speed for Croatia. 4-1
EDC v Romania - very close one here. I checked the weather. Tie.
Ponies v VUFC - Palm Bay Bowl. I predict @two-nine moans at the ref all night, takes a card or two, and shares a Palm Bay w @bandcamp apres.

I don't see WV and West Van on the schedule...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV vs Columbus. Both teams can score, but both struggle to defend. 4-2 Columbus.
Croatia vs Metro Ford. I agree with the 4-1 score.
EDC vs Romania. 3-1 EDC, weather or no weather.
Flying Horses vs VUFC. 2-1 for the home team who gets its first win.

Westside and West Van have been postponed til Valentines day.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 3 - 0 Flying Horses

We scored off a corner right at the end of the first half. First 5 minutes of the second half we scored 2 more and that was it. Great ref on the night although WV always feel hard done by it seems.
Didnt realize it was 65. But switch goaltenders last nite and its 3 bagel horses. Sorry.
We didn't have @sixfyv for this one and WV had a different keeper as well. So @Sir M we did listen to you but same result. Sorry.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent use of archived material band camper. Moving on, this week's predictions:

Metro Ford vs Flying Horses. I wonder if the FHs may start losing interest. A long trek out to Town Center on a rainy night is not a recipe for turning the season around. 5-0 Metro Ford.

PCOV vs Croatia. PCOV are the disappointment of the season so far. As hosts here, they do not like the Croatians and their unsanitary stinky ways. Draw 1-1.

Romania vs West Van. Romania gave the league leaders a run last time out. I don't see West Van taking their first loss of the year in this one however. 4-1 West Van.

VUFC vs EDC. Two teams going in opposite directions here, EDC does not appear to like the cold, and VUFC certainly is not crazy about South Americans being west of Cambie. VUFC 2 EDC 1.

Columbus vs Westside. This is an old-time VMSL classic fixture; both sides former BC and Western Canadian champions. 2-2 draw.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF v Horsies - blow. out. Like @Sir M says: possibility of FH's losing interest. This is the worst away game of the year for most I expect. Still haven't figured out how to get into that park without climbing a fence...
PCOV v Croatia - expect PCOV to give Croatia a battle for sure but Croatia too much. WIll be close though.
Romania v West Van - Wdest Van too good. Hard to see them dropping points against the lesser lights.
VUFC v EDC - lots of initials here. Won't be cold but could be wet. Should be close! Tie.
Columbus v Westside - match of the week. Westside looks to be playing some very good football and Columbus always tough. Tie.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take a little offence to the Horses losing interest. Do you know who we were playing? They are an all star team of vmsl, fvsl, whitecaps, etc. The Horses came up to challenge ourselves. We thought we could compete with the bottom and maybe the middle. It hasn't worked out so far but we battle every game. There is no quit in us and we are not losing interest. We will win a game this year.

Our locker room is awesome! Always has been since I've been apart of this team!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough about all that. This week:

Croatia vs Columbus. Both teams pretty inconsistent so far this year, also pretty even. 2-2 draw.

West Van vs VUFC. Good news is it will be better this time around for VUFC. West Van 4 VUFC 1.

EDC vs Metro Ford. Both teams won last week, EDC at home. Metro Ford 4 EDC 1.

Flying Horses vs PCOV. This may be the Horses' best chance at a win for the rest of the year. PCOV 3 Flying Horses 1.

Westside vs Romania. Westside will win a close one. Westside 3 Romania 2.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough about all that. This week:

Croatia vs Columbus. I'll go with Columbus' offence over Croatia's defence.

West Van vs VUFC. The cozy dressing rooms at Ambleside are good luck for us. 2 wins in our last 2 visits. 6 goals for with 1 goal against. - Glass half-full.

EDC vs Metro Ford. Metroford riding high after scoring a touchdown and converting a field goal in their last game.

Flying Horses vs PCOV. Horses pick up their first win? Nah, but tie game.

Westside vs Romania. Westside because my predictions are based on what our team needs. lol

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they have signed a new kicker after they played you guys.

lol.

Not to make excuses but I will...we had a striker play in goal and it has been his only appearance so far this season in any position.(Injury I believe)

He did well though because they could have scored 10 against us as well. FFS, their tying goal he kicked the goal kick about 2ft off of the ground right to Fletch (standing at the 18) for a breakaway who hasn't scored since highschool. :p

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia vs Columbus - close one here. Want to say tie but think Columbus the better of the two teams right now.

West Van vs VUFC - last time we played WV they came out and outworked us for the first 30 and it was all over....if we do that again it'll be lopsided again. West Van is 'excellent'.

EDC vs Metro Ford - EDC looked good last week but MF too strong.

Flying Horses vs PCOV - close one here but PCOV has the quality to get it done.

Westside vs Romania - I think Westside is strong and will handle Romania no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts