Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier 2017-2018 Results, banter and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses finally win a game. 4-2 was the final score. We went up 1-0, PCOV tied it and that's how the first half ended. 50/50 play for the first half. Second half we scored 3 goals to make it 4-1 and PCOV put one at the back of the net 5 minutes before the end of the game to make it 4-2. Both teams barely had any subs. We had 13 guys out, I think PCOV had 12. Nice to get our first win.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses finally win a game. 4-2 was the final score. We went up 1-0, PCOV tied it and that's how the first half ended. 50/50 play for the first half. Second half we scored 3 goals to make it 4-1 and PCOV put one at the back of the net 5 minutes before the end of the game to make it 4-2. Both teams barely had any subs. We had 13 guys out, I think PCOV had 12. Nice to get our first win.

Let me clarify a bit here. PCOV started with 11. Tom Halford pulled hamstring 10min into the game, had to go in net and we brought our goalie out. 30 min. in, Sheldin hurts his knee, finishes the half and plays the first 5-10 min. of the 2nd half, but had to sub himself off, so we were down to 10 men. I thought we outplayed them and out chanced them in the first half, second half was a different story as we were struggling to attack and the Horses pressured us well. They went up 2-1, then with about 20min to go, I was facing my own net as last man back, got clipped from behind and fell, no call, they go on to get a peno in the box and a 2nd yellow to Lallz. Down 3-1 now playing with 9 men for the remainder of the game. Gutted to lose this one, but we didn't deserve to win it. Well done to the Horses for battling hard all game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to do a game report from last week. WV 4 - 0 VUFC. West Van excellent; VUFC not as much. First 30 minutes were good for us and then WV opened us up for 3 quick goals in about 5 minutes. One more in the second half for them and that was that.

Predictions:

MF v WV - match of the week as the two top teams get at it. Should be a great battle and close. Tie.
PCOV - EDC - for our sake I'm hoping for an EDC win but I see this one as a tie as well.
VUFC - Westside - derby in the fog. Westside is also excellent so we'll be in tough. #fallingdownbear
Columbus - Romania - Columbus too good but Romania will give them a go. Close one.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Westside. Should have been more IMO. We weren’t very good tonight. They were worse. #anothershutout #yourmoaningateverycallwouldgivetylenolaheadache#GIRUY

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Westside. Should have been more IMO. We weren’t very good tonight. They were worse. #anothershutout #yourmoaningateverycallwouldgivetylenolaheadache#GIRUY

I agree, you guys were terrible in front of goal.

Our playing style was effected by the fog. Without the fog, no doubt we would have been winners on the night. :wacky:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3 Metro Ford 2 out at Town Center. The ref appeared completely lost out there in this one.

Last edited:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought it was a pretty quiet night in the moaning dept...especially from you. Nice work. Only call I had a problem with was the placement of the should have been PK. I don't even know if it was a foul or a good challenge but to place the ball outside the box was hilarious. Whatever happened happened well inside the box. But there are plenty of bad calls both ways w Haji so you just deal.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought it was a pretty quiet night in the moaning dept...especially from you. Nice work. Only call I had a problem with was the placement of the should have been PK. I don't even know if it was a foul or a good challenge but to place the ball outside the box was hilarious. Whatever happened happened well inside the box. But there are plenty of bad calls both ways w Haji so you just deal.

That means a lot. Thank you.

Call you’re referring to was inside the box but it wasn’t a foul in my opinion as opposed to your defender basically catching the ball in your penalty box.
Contest should have been over after 10 minutes. All in all, Rangers play to their strength and tried to catch us on the counter.
On to one of the two top teams next week. I look forward to many more posts from you lads. You’re really good at that.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside missed some early chances and they could have put us away early. I thought the game totally lacked anything. Both teams were off. Better team got the points.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see the penalty incident as I was shoeing my squealing dog back to my truck. lol

Westside should have been up 4 in the first 15 minutes. Our goalie robbed them on a 1v1, they hit the cross bar, shot over from in close, managed to boggle up a 3v1, and then shot wide from about six yards out. We felt sorry for their wastefulness in front of goal so we decided to score an own goal right before halftime that would make either teams forwards jealous on the night.

For us, we were dangerous on the counter. The only problem: I was playing like absolute garbage upfront in the first half.

Centre backs for westside were good. They have a rock in CK and the mobility of CM. @Dancin Bear pulls the strings in the midfield. I don't think flopping nor scoring is part of his repertoire anymore. :p

On to Romania next week and our most important game of the year for us as the battle for survival heats up.

Oh, Why was the horses game cancelled?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see the penalty incident as I was shoeing my squealing dog back to my truck. lol

Westside should have been up 4 in the first 15 minutes. Our goalie robbed them on a 1v1, they hit the cross bar, shot over from in close, managed to boggle up a 3v1, and then shot wide from about six yards out. We felt sorry for their wastefulness in front of goal so we decided to score an own goal right before halftime that would make either teams forwards jealous on the night.

For us, we were dangerous on the counter. The only problem: I was playing like absolute garbage upfront in the first half.

Centre backs for westside were good. They have a rock in CK and the mobility of CM. @Dancin Bear pulls the strings in the midfield. I don't think flopping nor scoring is part of his repertoire anymore. :p

On to Romania next week and our most important game of the year for us as the battle for survival heats up.

Oh, Why was the horses game cancelled?

8:00PM VUFC Rangers M-A 0-2 EDC FC Burnaby M Point Grey Turf - VAN
Fri 12/1/2017 7:30PM West Van FC M 4-0 VUFC Rangers M-A Ambleside D Turf - WVAN
Fri 12/8/2017 8:00PM VUFC Rangers M-A 0-2 Westside FC M-A Point Grey Turf - VAN

Apparently you've been garbage the last 3 games ;):wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money