Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always late but still better than never, even if I end up as the only person writing here.

Returning from Div. 1:
  • Spurs
  • Burnaby Wolves
  • Lomas
Promoted from last season:
  • N. Coquitlam
  • FC Serbia
New (?):
  • Royal City
  • Unicorns
  • East Van Forest
Over 45 refugees:
  • Alemania
  • Bombastic Jurassic

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far East Van has been hammered 16-0 and 9-0 over 2 games. Any bets on whether these poor guys make it to the end of a long 22 game season?

For us thus far, lost a 2-1 squeaker to the Lomas and tied 4-4 with Catliff FC yesterday in a defensive struggle. Even if he can't move, John is still a challenge to play against. Also, our guys REALLY need practice shooting.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside fit in the O45 refugee category.

Royal city was near the bottom of the table last season, so I'm surprised at their hot start so far...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about how the Westside guys we saw yesterday were o45 refugees, as pretty well all of them were nearly my age, including Catso & Catso.

Royal City's first win was against Eagles. One of Eagles' two brothers who score the majority of their goals got an indefinite suspension from JB's summer league, so I'm not sure if that has any BCSA repercussions. If so, that would cut their ability to finish in half. RC's other win was against the Goo Boys. I guess it's draw your own conclusions...

So how bad ARE East Van Forest (aka SouthSiders FC)? Given that your lot hammered them 9-0... Spiffy (DV) didn't mention anything about it yesterday when I talked to him.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in this division as the O50s 7-aside league has yet to be created.

Imagine a shorter, narrower field, slightly smaller goals with 7 on the pitch with subbing on the go. Goalies can't punt, but everything else is a go. You could have 2 fields, side by side with games on grass on Sundays at noon and 2:00. Everyone fixes the field after a game (repair divots). When the weather is shyte, no game - stay home and watch sports on TV. All of this could all take place on one dedicated location, with the beer and BBQ following.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So how bad ARE East Van Forest (aka SouthSiders FC)? Given that your lot hammered them 9-0... Spiffy (DV) didn't mention anything about it yesterday when I talked to him.

Did Spiffy not even mention his left footed stroke into the bottom corner?

I don't think the scoreline could be any clearer of an indication as to how out of their depth EV Forest are. It will be a very long season for them.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am hoping that with some renewed youth (in their 50s) on the executive, there will be some sense for us aging soccer players who don't want to sprint 100 yards or play on turf on a Wednesday night at Vantech.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in this division as the O50s 7-aside league has yet to be created.

Imagine a shorter, narrower field, slightly smaller goals with 7 on the pitch with subbing on the go. Goalies can't punt, but everything else is a go. You could have 2 fields, side by side with games on grass on Sundays at noon and 2:00. Everyone fixes the field after a game (repair divots). When the weather is shyte, no game - stay home and watch sports on TV. All of this could all take place on one dedicated location, with the beer and BBQ following.

...and then you woke up, it was Monday morning, and your hangover and backache reminded you of what you did yesterday morning (and most of the afternoon).:D:p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Due to injuries and players fleeing the country for tax and legal reasons, we need a few couple more bodies to join our drinking team with a soccer problem. Reasonable amount of competency expected, but not mandatory if you can tell better footy stories than I can (as long as you're willing to buy the beverages). PM me if interested.

BTW, we sucked almost as badly as ESF on Sunday...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0