Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I guess you could call it "coming out firing" but neither team was able to score, so it ended up as a scoreless draw. Memorial is a mucker's field at the best of times, and after a night of pretty heavy rain, it was no exception. Only one incident of handbags, and an uncoordinated challenge by one of our borrowed over 40 players who ran headfirst into their keeper without looking where he was going (we're still not sure WTF he was thinking). Both ended up cut but their keeper stayed in.

Talked to the head Devil (Kevin) after the game as our injured keeper used to play for him, and we caught each other up on his status. His status as of Friday:

No real change. Face still very numb, which at the moment helps, because the parts that aren't numb hurt a lot, and I've a few loose back teeth now which hopefully will stay in. They're not sure if the numbness is permanent or not.
Personally I'm hoping not...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I finally decide to play masters next season I'm going to wear full hockey gear. Probably the roughest division of all from the games I've seen. haha

Hope your keeper gets well soon!

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers beat Horses 3 to 2 tonight. Was not at the match - I am away on assignment. Heard ref was not the best? Bandcamp - any info?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers beat Horses 3 to 2 tonight. Was not at the match - I am away on assignment. Heard ref was not the best? Bandcamp - any info?
Yes, we never get great refs but he was about what we get every week. We had a very strong first half but only came out of it up 1-0. W Van got two back in the second and we got 2 in the last 10'ish as W Van was out of gas and trying to kill the clock.

The men in white were having a moan at the ref all night. He made some poor calls for sure, both ways, but V Van seemed to think they were really hard done by. Bro at the back and 29 up front were bookending the moan parade :)

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the game was good last night. VU had way more chances, which they either blew or our keeper made a good save. As bandcamp said, we just ran out of gas in the last 20. Credit to them, they never gave up and battled hard for 90. The best team in the league the last two years. Maybe they will actually man up next year and go see what they can do in Prem. I personally think that they will be able to hang up there.

As for the moaning, the ref lost the plot early...both ways. There was equal moaning from our team as yours. And don't get me started about your bench and supporters. Maybe you just don't hear the moaning from your own team. Lol

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
29, Div 1 Masters is their World Cup. Everyone on our team has played Prem and/or Masters Prem. Our time is done and we know that. Our combined age of our back line was 203 last night. A young 203. Reason why we are in Div 1 Masters. Mickster and Bandcamp, why so shy on taking it to the next level? Or does beating Bombastic, Wolves and Flying Horses feel good like filling the trophy case each year with B level trophies?!?! You lads are young, fit, skilled and a cohesive bunch, so why hide in Div 1 Masters? Are you waiting for a spot to open up in FVSL Masters. BTW, last night there was a whole lot more w(h)ine from your crew and the sidelines than anything I've heard in a while. More tequila and less w(h)ine from your crew, please.

JAGS

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
29, Div 1 Masters is their World Cup. Everyone on our team has played Prem and/or Masters Prem. Our time is done and we know that. Our combined age of our back line was 203 last night. A young 203. Reason why we are in Div 1 Masters. Mickster and Bandcamp, why so shy on taking it to the next level? Or does beating Bombastic, Wolves and Flying Horses feel good like filling the trophy case each year with B level trophies?!?! You lads are young, fit, skilled and a cohesive bunch, so why hide in Div 1 Masters? Are you waiting for a spot to open up in FVSL Masters. BTW, last night there was a whole lot more w(h)ine from your crew and the sidelines than anything I've heard in a while. More tequila and less w(h)ine from your crew, please.

JAGS
We're not shy and you'll see us go up. We had our reasons to stay for this year.

As for the moaning, my opinion is that you guys complained about far too many calls or non calls in relation to your style of play. It's always a physical game against you guys and with all of your noted premier experience I guess I just expect less of that and more getting on with it.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're not shy and you'll see us go up. We had our reasons to stay for this year.

As for the moaning, my opinion is that you guys complained about far too many calls or non calls in relation to your style of play. It's always a physical game against you guys and with all of your noted premier experience I guess I just expect less of that and more getting on with it.

The big question is will VUFC Ranger's fair better than Falconetti's has this year in the Premier division for next year??

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JAGS
How did I get lumped in with that fat, old, out of shape soccer player Bandcamp?!? Oh wait, I'm the fat, old, out of shape one!! VUFC shouldn't go anywhere, they have the best post game tents in the league!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts