Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could be right in that regard, I thought it was always 2 but hardly anyone accepts going up. Masters Prem has 2 empty slots as it is these days (FVSL Masters has the same issue)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs 2 Croatia 7 (as reported)

Not very happy about this one. We signed a keeper on a transfer right before the break, so he had his first opportunity to get out and play this morning. Things started relatively well if somewhat slow as Team Can't-be-arsed-to-show-up had 12 including 2 borrowed at the expense of our over 40s; neither team had been doing any training except for turkey drumstick curls, and it showed. 1-0 at the half for us from a well-placed hammer by our left back off a corner.

Second half the wheels fell off again, as they got it back and a couple more to spare. Lots of chances both ways but nobody could finish breakfast. Our back line ran out of gas without any spares and they worked it well.

Worst part of all of this was about 25 minutes into the first half. Our keeper came out horizontally and cleaned up a breakaway ball, and got a face-full of boot for his troubles. We pulled him carefully off the field with a cut cheek and a suspected concussion; he was in pretty rough shape and this just got worse as he looked to go into shock on the bench. An ambulance was called and he ended up at VGH. In his own words, things were a bit more severe:
They've let me home for the night as I live close by and my wife is a GP. I'm to report back first thing in the morning, getting surgery tomorrow to elevate some of the worst fractures, and they'll decide on further surgeries then. They think the vision will be ok.

I'm on a liquid/soft diet for 4 weeks as the bones that connect the face to the skull are all fractured, so essentially my face is floating loose.

I don't think he could have kicked me any harder if he tried, I can't believe it wasn't a red and suspension for violent conduct. It's not the first time I've heard of keepers here getting hospitalised for ridiculously late challenges after winning the ball, and of the 3 other examples I know of, it was always just a yellow card.

A yellow card was given on the play to the forward; I am not going to add any more opinion to this and say whether I thought it was deliberate or not. All I will say is that the Croatia guys were helpful in supplying stuff from their own first aid kit and a couple of them stayed with him until the paramedics arrived, but we definitely weren't playing full out after it happened.

We'll play out the season and re-evaluate after that. There will be a Spurs team next season, but it will look quite different from this one.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs 2 Croatia 7 (as reported)

Worst part of all of this was about 25 minutes into the first half. Our keeper came out horizontally and cleaned up a breakaway ball, and got a face-full of boot for his troubles. We pulled him carefully off the field with a cut cheek and a suspected concussion; he was in pretty rough shape and this just got worse as he looked to go into shock on the bench. An ambulance was called and he ended up at VGH. In his own words, things were a bit more severe:

A yellow card was given on the play to the forward; I am not going to add any more opinion to this and say whether I thought it was deliberate or not. All I will say is that the Croatia guys were helpful in supplying stuff from their own first aid kit and a couple of them stayed with him until the paramedics arrived, but we definitely weren't playing full out after it happened.

Yikes, doesn't sound too sporting. Hope he's ok.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks guys. He had emergency reconstruction surgery this morning; they're waiting now for the swelling to go down to re-assess him for further surgery next week. He's coherent, although obviously in quite a lot of pain while going through this. Luckily for him his wife is a GP so he's been allowed to recover and be monitored at home.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this week Bonefish?
I would order the matches as above for MOTW voting.

Harps vs VUFC: If Harps have their top team out this game will be interesting and could let Croatia take over 2nd
Norvan vs Shaheen: Norvan lost the first round via 89min PK. Has potential to be a barn burner.
Croatia vs Bombastic: Bombastic have been playing better as of late and could give Croatia problems
WVFH vs Wolves: Wolves need this win to stave off official relegation. Do they have any bite left?
GDs vs Spurs: Spurs can play spoiler but can they put this seasons's showing and last week's carnage to their keeper behind them and make some noise?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish - if Harps beat us how does this help Croatia leapfrog Shaheen? Should be a good game as Harps have been the best team we've played this year in my opinion...although they've not been able to be consistent enough when I look at the standings. We're coming in with a very thin backline this weekend so we'll do our best to hold the fort.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish - if Harps beat us how does this help Croatia leapfrog Shaheen?
A call came in while I was typing..my Processor got hot and reduced voltage while trying to multi-task....uh....
- Harps with a win will be in a position to accept a Prem spot when VUFC and Croatia decline....That's better :)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top half of the standings in line for promotion! It's a big jump to premier and I'm not surprised teams don't want to go. Sh*t, look at Falconetti's this year. I don't think they've won a game. That's not good for your team.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish: in 6 games over the last couple of seasons, we haven't managed to find a way to lose to the Green Devils. However, the way things are going this year, there might be a first. Our 3rd string keeper is now our starter, and the only positive I can see is that we should have a number of over 40s players available since that team has a bye this week. Going to try to win one for our keeper.

Know how Falconetti's are feeling now - we can relate...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekly predictions:

Croatia v Bombastic - the Bomb playing better of late and I think tie 2-2
Harps v VUFC - MOTW. Harps gave us a good test last time so I expect a tight contest. Never in doubt!
Horses v Wolves - who wins when a horse fights a wolf? The horse has leverage but the wolf bites the sh*t out of the horse's legs. Tie?
Shaheen v Norvan - DERBY! Shaheen win.
Devils v NVAFC - NTMOTW. Not the match of the week :) It will not be GREAT. Guaranteed. Devils can have a moan and it won't matter. I'm liking the Spurs to grab a tie as they come out firing.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses will struggle to have 13 guys tonight - neither goalie can make it. This game could be an interesting one!!

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses beat the Wolves 6 to 3. Wolves goalie made some crazy saves in the second half - score could have been much higher for the Horses.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nooner vs Green Devils today. Game-time decision to see if the grass at Memorial has held up with the amount of rain from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0