Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenDevil1

Let's get some predictions going:

Croatia v Horsies - can the horses continue to play spoiler? I say yes. Win.
Shaheen v Burnaby - Shaheen will roll Burnaby.
NVAFC v Norvan - NVAFC is over their head in this division this year and will get lumped. Sorry @trece verde
Bombastic - VUFC - hate these 10am Sunday games…but I like our chances :)
Green Devils v Harps - all green derby. SHOULD BE GREAT! Or hard on the eyes w all that green. Or a moan fest. I suspect the latter. Harps win but Memorial keeps it close; not @GreenDevil1

You're a fcuking tool

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses beat Croatia tonight 4 to 3. You can tell it is the season - Horses started with 10 guys - played a guy in goal that is not a goalie. Croatia went up by 2 goals. Our 11th guy shows up and we are down 2 to 1 at half. We had our 12th guy show up at half - HE THOUGHT IT WAS A 9:00 PM GAME!!! He gets on the field and makes the difference - 29 with 2 more goals and another yellow card.

Clean game by both teams - our goalie made some key saves at the right time.

Good luck to Croatia the rest of the way.

On to Green Devils next week.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny, I remember a much younger two-nine with a definite taste for Palm Bays as well. Then again, he was also one of Catorce Verde's most entertaining baby sitters ever.:D

Will do our best against Bonefish & crew but may be difficult with our 3rd string keeper scheduled between the pipes. Starter is out with a knee infection, and our backup from the over 40s has a torn achilles, Even Cardboard Cutout is out of commission with a bad knee It really has been that kind of season for us.:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will do our best against Bonefish & crew but may be difficult with our 3rd string keeper scheduled between the pipes. Starter is out with a knee infection, and our backup from the over 40s has a torn achilles, Even Cardboard Cutout is out of commission with a bad knee It really has been that kind of season for us.:rolleyes:

Bringing it to a new level...:)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 2 - 0 Bombastic

2-0 at half and then we mailed it in. Played as poorly as we have all year through the midfield but The Bomb didn't create any chances so it didn't bite us. We hit the cross bar about 14 times :)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 3rd String keeper did really well and made some quality finger tip saves. The Spurs looked pretty depleted from what we saw at the beginning of the season and once their offiside trap was accounted for, we were able to put some goals away. The weather stayed decent for the game and aside from a few tackles and pushes here and there it was a friendly match. Trece and team will need to do some recruiting if they want to better compete Div1. Harps vs GD's score is interesting....SE Memorial Sandtrap claim another victim?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see you too, Bonefish.

26 guys on the roster and we still have to borrow players from the over 40s team to get enough bodies on the field. This may become more of a replacing than a recruiting issue.:mad: Fcuking fair weather divas...

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Devils vs Horses cancelled - grass field closed at Ambleside. Any word on league postponing games next week as they have done the last 3 years with the last game before Christmas???

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad, Eagles.

Predictions:

VUFC v Shaheen - match of the week. 2 points separating these teams at the top. More importantly, this is Xmas dinner night at the field so we doubled our fire pit inventory, have 2 turkeys, too much Scotch etc so we should be good.
Norvan v Harps - should be a good and close match. Harps dropped a game last weekend to the Great Devils so the shine is off a bit. Tie.
Horsies v Great Devils - postponed. Would have been great. I would have picked the Horses.
NVAFC v Bombastic - Bombastic wins despite themselves. NVAFC continue to struggle with their backup to the 8th stringer in net.
Burnaby v Croatia - Close but this one goes to Croatia.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 1 - 0 Shaheen

Fun game. A head butt followed by handbags resulted in a couple late red cards to spice things up. Post game xmas dinner was legendary. Think it went until about 4:30am.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make sure to have some tequila when we come out your way Bonefish!
peewee_herman.jpg

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pee Wee not available for our game yesterday, either.

Spurs 2, Bombastic 6
How do you go from being up 2-0 to losing a game 6-2? Was kind of wondering that myself, but it has mostly to do with injuries. As in both the player who scored both of our goals and our keeper injured in the 1st half.

Ingerlish Dave had a great start, scoring on a tap-in from a nice cross about 8 minutes in, and then hitting a peno about 3 minutes later after a handball in their box. We were pressing for a 3rd shortly after, but Densky coming off his line collided with him, and he went over badly on his ankle. That's okay, we had 2 subs today:rolleyes:, so we were able to drag him off the field. This was a game-changer as Bombastic got their wind and a goal back after a defensive brain fart. 15 minutes later, our centre back (and backup keeper) collided with our keeper and put the ball nicely into the back of our own net.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Keeper comes off the field looking like Igor from Young Frankenstein and can't turn his head so he's done as well. Did I mention that we actually had subs?:rolleyes:

No subs left meant that our guys eventually ran out of gas, and with no centre back, our defensive coverage went from dodgy to dodgier.

New keeper starting next week will help, and it's nice to have wee Marlon back ("six-free an two-fitty" as he says) up front.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4-1 Green Devils

Congrats to Rangers as I believe that secures promotion to Premier next season for them

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Shaheen can still catch them. They have 4 games left. Regardless, VUFC have been the best team in this division two years in a row. They better go up next year and see what they can do in premier.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 go up though, that's what I was getting at as they can now finish no lower than second in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0