Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I recall you called our game vs GD's as a great game too. It was the worst game of football ever. Maybe great game means something different...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get some predictions up here:

Burnaby v VUFC - I like our chances!
Harps v Bombastic - Harps on fire and should dismantle the Bomb…especially as it's a Friday night tilt.
Norvan v Croatia - match of the week! Norvan having a strong season so far. I ch ch choose Norvan in a tight one.
Horsies v NVAFC - horsies struggling but they get a gift in the form of Not Very Athletic FC. Feast away.
GD's v Shaheen - should be a GREAT GAME. Let's hope the GD's can use Memorial to their advantage. Shaheen should win but we'll be pulling for the devils!

G

GreenDevil1

I forgot, you must be a professional footballer. A great game in my eyes is getting out and playing footie.

I recall you called our game vs GD's as a great game too. It was the worst game of football ever. Maybe great game means something different...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot, you must be a professional footballer. A great game in my eyes is getting out and playing footie.
Well you are entitled to your opinion of course. I'm unclear how being a professional footballer has anything to do with anything. Everyone in our league is amateur but all games are not great in my opinion. In particular the one against you guys that day. It was #ungreat.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double plus ungreat? No, wait, that's us tomorrow, apparently. Since the lights didn't go on for us at Empire tonight, we may even have some left over bodies who can get hurt at Ambleside tomorrow night instead. In which case, fcuk you too, HandCramp.

:p

If West Van actually opens up the change rooms, we'll post that on the wall before the game...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horsies had indigestion from HandCramp's feasting. 2-2 draw in the pissing rain at Ambleside.

Have told my players too many times not to make me go out there and show them how to do things, but we had our bare 11 vs their bare 12, so I had to go out and do so. 1-0 to the Horsies after an early brain fart in our back line left our backup backup keeper exposed and their forward capitalized. Got that back about 35 in when yours truly hit a half volley parried by their keeper into the top corner. 1-1 at the half.

2nd half was back and forth with no real advantage in posssession either way, but our replacement for our backup backup keeper was victimized by a good shot that flattened his ping pong paddle hands back and found the back of the net about 15 after the half. We equalized late when our littlest midfielder got flattened from behind in their box and drew the resulting peno. Their keeper guessed the right way, but couldn't quite reach the ball on its way into the corner of the net. 2-2 final and a deserved result for both teams.

No Eagles sighting, so no idea where the big guy was. Sir M?

Post-match carbonated hop-based beverages in the rain were still tasty.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

VUFC v Norvan - Norvan on fire. Should be a cracker. And cold. Too close to call :)
Croatia v Green Devils - will be a great game! Croatia by 3.
Shaheen v Harps - match of the week! Harps with the win.
Bombastic v Horsies - horsies struggling big time. Bombastic a poor team. Tie.
NVAFC v Burnaby - not the match of the week! Burnaby by 2. HandCramp calls it.

G

GreenDevil1

Can see that you're still a comedian. Looking forward to our next game against each other.

QUOTE="bandcamp, post: 390535, member: 25"]Predictions:

VUFC v Norvan - Norvan on fire. Should be a cracker. And cold. Too close to call :)
Croatia v Green Devils - will be a great game! Croatia by 3.
Shaheen v Harps - match of the week! Harps with the win.
Bombastic v Horsies - horsies struggling big time. Bombastic a poor team. Tie.
NVAFC v Burnaby - not the match of the week! Burnaby by 2. HandCramp calls it.[/QUOTE]
Ca

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"not a pro." Don't worry, one of these years, you'll get that callup..

:p

Just looking at our roster for Sunday - wow, we have 13 whole bodies available. Let's see how many of them can manage to injure themselves before the game...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 over Norvan last night. Both teams thin on numbers. Bonefish and some teammates joined us in the firepit tent...that's the spirit!

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I made the match today. Spent last weekend at Cowboys in Calgary. Not a bad spot. Won the match today 8 to 2. Play Shaheen next week.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see how many of them can manage to injure themselves before the game...

Goalkeeper - "I have a stomach flu" (aka 26 ounce flu)
midfielder who scored on penalty shot vs. Horsies last week - "I have to work today"

Backup to backup keeper's backup in goal vs Wolves this morning. Only 11 players available out of a roster of 25. What could possibly go wrong?

Wolves scored about 10 minutes in from a scramble after a corner. The ball bounced to one of their guys who was just outside the box, and he mis-hit a cross into the middle in front of the net along the ground. Their forward in front of the net turned away to get back onside and as he took his second stride, the ball hit the back of his leg and bounced in off the post. Of course he meant to do that.:rolleyes: Not repeatable for the rest of his life...

The game was even after that, with both teams having chances and neither scoring. Our best opportunity was possibly when wee Will split their 2 centre backs who then collided head first AFTER he was through (this was the second time in the game this happened; I wouldn't have believed it possible). Of course, because both were on the ground clutching their heads, the ref blew it dead and Will lost his breakaway.:arghh: Thankfully both appeared okay afterwards, but timing...

1-0 final to Wolves in the battle for the wooden spoon. And I only hit Gurps once.

On to HandCramp's motley crew next Friday...:bronco::bronco:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 over Norvan last night. Both teams thin on numbers. Bonefish and some teammates joined us in the firepit tent...that's the spirit!
2 corner kick in the first 15(including 1 in the first few) and you have your final score. Outside of that, there were opportunities on both sides but our 2 person bench and players carrying injuries was not enough to get it done.
The tent and the propane blaze were a highlight but the Norvan boyz had to peel out after Bandcamp started his "Fireside with Red Green" impressions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts