Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There should be a couple of Norvan TTP'ers who can respond.

So if Norvan had told the ref that they would be protesting would the game have been played at all?

Why is West Van not showing up w cards when you know the consequences? Regardless of what Norvan told the ref, they can still protest after the game if they choose…and they chose.

Norvan will be in a fight to stay up in Div 1 so this is likely their rationale for the protest.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another tactic to try to win is to get injured players and staff on the sidelines who do not have cards sent off by the ref; that may work as well.

Or of course out score your opponent on the day; that works too.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes horses did not show up with cards. The league was made aware of the extreme circumstances of why they were not there. They actually understand the reasoning but since norvan protested they had no choice but to award norvan the points. If norvan did not protest we would have received a fine only.

Norvan is still questioning the integrity of the horses, to this day.

But they in turn, hand in a different player card to the referee a week later who is not part of their team (he is part of Div 2 norvan) to ensure the player that actually received the red would not be suspended. Let's talk about integrity!!!!! Who are the cheaters.

In the end, the horses know they have done nothing that has brought the game into disrepute. When we start to talk about ethics - especially when there are some on norvan that are involved in youth soccer - how would they be thought of by their organization if it was aware that they have brought the game into disrepute.

Looking forward to the battle in a few weeks at ambleside against norvan as it will most likely determine who will get relegated.

It is what it is now. In the end, whatever happens, happens.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles - whether or not they put the game into disrepute, in our club, your coach (or whoever had the cards and the hangover) would be in leading contention for the non-covented Wanker Award. Even if he didn't win it (there have been years where taking a sh*t in a friend's closet did not win!) there would be a serious beer penalty assessed, likely a bottle of top shelf single malt.

It's shitty how it went down, but good grief, Charlie Brown, wtf?

finisher

Sep 4, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the reason that the cards did not find their way to the game (your descriptions vague)?

This don't involve me nor do I even play in this division (or even have much respect for management of Norvan's prem team) but I've seen two random games of flying wankers and I have never heard a team wine as much as them. Ref's always give in so I don't have much sympathy for them as I'm sure they surely know what their doing every weekend through this tatctic (which to me is a form of cheating). Then I see FW people on here airing out their dirty laundry. Pure class

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers 0
Rino's Bulldogs 0

Terrible game. Hillcrest blows. Can't generate anything on that bumpy mess. Bulldogs were organized and work hard. We were bad. Missing several key guys on the day unfortunately.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 1 - 3 SFU
Lomas 2 - 2 Bulldogs
Rangers 3 - 2 Norvan (hopefully a closer game than last time)
Bombastic 3 - 1 Alemania
Westside 2 - 1 Mules (just to keep the relegation battle close!)

Good luck to all.....and remember your ID cards!!

whashed up has been

Nov 16, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just some clarification on what I've heard about Norvan vs WVFH protest;

The mules showed up without players cards, without uniforms and with over 18 players (much more than we are used to see them feild). 2 of these extra players were goalies who did NOT have valid player cards, they dressed, they warmed up and it was looking like the Mules were going to play them until it was mentioned to them that Norvan new their 2 new goalies were not registered.
After giving the Mules an extra 15 mins for their cards and uniforms to arrive the uniforms alone showed up.
At the beginning of the game the ref brought up the issue of the mules not having thier cards but he stated they had until half to provide them, so Game On!
At half the ref asked if Norvan wanted to continue playing, everyone was there and the game was already going Norvan continued to play (knowing that a protest is to be submitted to the league after the game Not the ref).
WVFH won the game 2-1 and Norvan protested, they need the points and I'm sure the re-match will be interesting.

2nd Note; earlier in the post someone mentioned Norvan knew all the Flying horses and checking DL's was OK, this is not the case as there where many new and unknow faces that no one had seen before and seeing that the Mules had already dressed and warmed up 2 non registered playes (only benching them when called out) a protest was imminent.

Just what I've heard, for what its worth.

WUHB.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers 3
Norvan 3

Dropped points again. Were the better team by far but Norvan scored their half chances and we did not…good on them. We started poorly but when we played our game the gap was large. Their keeper took a knock to his head and I hope he's ok. Think it was a Norvan player who caught him in the back of the head off a corner.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just some clarification on what I've heard about Norvan vs WVFH protest;

The mules showed up without players cards, without uniforms and with over 18 players (much more than we are used to see them feild). 2 of these extra players were goalies who did NOT have valid player cards, they dressed, they warmed up and it was looking like the Mules were going to play them until it was mentioned to them that Norvan new their 2 new goalies were not registered.
After giving the Mules an extra 15 mins for their cards and uniforms to arrive the uniforms alone showed up.
At the beginning of the game the ref brought up the issue of the mules not having thier cards but he stated they had until half to provide them, so Game On!
At half the ref asked if Norvan wanted to continue playing, everyone was there and the game was already going Norvan continued to play (knowing that a protest is to be submitted to the league after the game Not the ref).
WVFH won the game 2-1 and Norvan protested, they need the points and I'm sure the re-match will be interesting.

2nd Note; earlier in the post someone mentioned Norvan knew all the Flying horses and checking DL's was OK, this is not the case as there where many new and unknow faces that no one had seen before and seeing that the Mules had already dressed and warmed up 2 non registered playes (only benching them when called out) a protest was imminent.

Just what I've heard, for what its worth.

WUHB.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers 3
Norvan 3
Dropped points again.
The Rangers were working us over at points later in the 2nd the game but some of that was more to do with a depleted roster and guys playing injured. We lost 2 of our better players 1 early in the first half and 1 early in the 2nd. We had another starter show up in the 2nd half but we needed a deeper bench on the night.
We did lucky and get in front but then an unlucky bounce on a clearance attempt from a curling ground level cross bounced off my legs on a sliding clearance attempt for an OG that brought the Rangers level. A bit later, another one of players gets injured and tries to take a knee but no quarter was given him and VUFC took the advantage and put it in the back of the net to go ahead.

Late in the game after a nasty foul(no intent from Rog but ya need to be in control of your body) that left my sternum and ribcage feeling wiggly, the free kick is sent long to bounce around in their 18. It finds the feet of one our players from the top of the 18 and is sent off the post and in for the tying goal.

Some close misses from both teams over the course of the night could have had the scoreline higher had the finish been their.

VUFC had the better team on paper but Norvan with some work and opportunity were unlucky not to get 3 points, lucky to not lose outright and deserved a point on the night for their efforts.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation battle continues.......

SFU 1 - 3 Bombastic (the bomb playing better than i gave them credit for)
Wolves 0 - 2 WS Originals (don't need any upsets to make relegation battle harder)
Norvan 3 - 2 Merlomas (see if we can field a team for the entire 90 this week)
Bulldogs 0 - 3 Horses (yes, I think they'll be flying this week, returning to asses in a couple of weeks)
Alemania 1 - 4 Rangers (shouldn't be close but stranger things have happened....)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers - 2
Alemania - 2

I'm not sure why but if our game isn't on Friday night we seem to lose half our players. I got there 30 mins before kickoff and Alemania had what seemed like 20 guys…and we had one or two :) We managed to get 11 by kickoff, lost one early, was replaced by our one sub and we managed to keep 11 on the park for the 90 minutes.

Either way, the score reflected the play I thought as it was a pretty even game. We lost our lead twice but Alemania were deserving of the come backs.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me…say what you've got to say or why bother?

Sir M ....... it appears Bandcamp is suffering from a sensitivty issue. Please make note of this for future posts and cut the guy some slack. Your post was over the top. o_O

Please resume.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0