Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, see we've drawn you guys in first round of cup play. Will hopefully be a good game now that we've started playing better and getting some guys back off the injured list. Maybe even Bonefish will be back in the mix by then. Congrats on the win, Bombastic has had our number all season.

Eagles, did your squad get the time or location wrong.....what happened??

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster - has Bonefish been out since the Roger tackle? Tell him to harden up, Stefan!

Looking forward to the cup tilt.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster - has Bonefish been out since the Roger tackle? Tell him to harden up, Stefan!

Looking forward to the cup tilt.
Bonefish did not miss any time because of the Roger-JiuJitsu attack to his sternum. However, he did mess up his back Jan2 doing seated rows in the gym. This was all setup by a New Year's party decision to open a bottle of Scotch at 4am. The cascade effect saw an entire next day lost to couching and a subsequent tight lower back.
The other contributing factors are a couple of syndromes known as I.G.F.O and I.S.I.A.C.A.D (I'm Getting Fcuking Old, and I Sit in a Chair All Day).
Missed a couple of games but played some minutes in last weeks SFU match. Should be a gooder next week!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers - 0
Westside Originals - 1

Frustrating result as we carried plenty of the play but Hillcrest isn't kind for goals. Tough to get anything going on the sand and bumps. Ingo with a world class strike off a free kick with about 5-10 to play from 25-30 yards.

Merks with a crazy save off the cross bar not long before their goal.

Congrats to the O-Men for winning the division! They won't take promotion, we won't take promotion, does Bombastic?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 teams go up and the Flying Horses could finish up as high as 4th... wonder if they would move up if it wasn't "earned"? :)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 teams go up and the Flying Horses could finish up as high as 4th... wonder if they would move up if it wasn't "earned"? :)

Yes please, let's have another mid table Div 1 team come up and play in Premier. The Shaheen experiment worked so well this year. :rolleyes:

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes please, let's have another mid table Div 1 team come up and play in Premier. The Shaheen experiment worked so well this year. :rolleyes:
Not even mid table. Middle-bottom, Shaheen finished 7th last year. They should make it mandatory for top 2 and bottom 2 teams to get promoted and relegated.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not even mid table. Middle-bottom, Shaheen finished 7th last year. They should make it mandatory for top 2 and bottom 2 teams to get promoted and relegated.

I'd subscribe to this. I'd like the challenge of going up but am likely the minority on my team.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Might work... if you reduce Premier to 8 teams first :)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

The problem is that the top teams in Div 1 should really be in O40s, or O50's. They were in Premier long ago, having passed the torch onto what is now a reasonably old Premier squad. They don't want to play on turf against 32 year olds, or be forced into listening to rap music in the dressing room after games without beer.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is that the top teams in Div 1 should really be in O40s, or O50's. They were in Premier long ago, having passed the torch onto what is now a reasonably old Premier squad. They don't want to play on turf against 32 year olds, or be forced into listening to rap music in the dressing room after games without beer.

This might apply to the Originals but both VUFC and Bombastic could not field an O40 team. Our core is late 30's.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers - 3
Norvan - 0

This was a cup game up at chilly William Griffin. We played well and it wasn't really that close. Looking forward to the WV premier game!!! Not sure why SFU would enter the cup and then forfeit their first game.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers - 3
Norvan - 0

This was a cup game up at chilly William Griffin. We played well and it wasn't really that close. Looking forward to the WV premier game!!! Not sure why SFU would enter the cup and then forfeit their first game.
VUFC were full value for the win but to say the game wasn't close is a bit offside considering the game was at 0's into the 2nd half. They had some very good chances to score earlier but there were also chances for Norvan.
After the 1-0 goal and with 20min left to play Norvan began to push numbers forward and in that frame of the match the 2nd and 3rd goals were conceded.
It was a good battle and an enjoyable game to play in. It was also the second match of the year playing in subzero temps...looking forward to summer ball.

Best of luck to the remaining Div 1 teams in Cup. Go make some noise!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC were full value for the win but to say the game wasn't close is a bit offside considering the game was at 0's into the 2nd half. They had some very good chances to score earlier but there were also chances for Norvan.
After the 1-0 goal and with 20min left to play Norvan began to push numbers forward and in that frame of the match the 2nd and 3rd goals were conceded.
It was a good battle and an enjoyable game to play in. It was also the second match of the year playing in subzero temps...looking forward to summer ball.

Best of luck to the remaining Div 1 teams in Cup. Go make some noise!

Absolutely no disrespect to Norvan who are always game but being on the field I don't think we ever thought it was in doubt, considering possession and chances on goal. We played a good game and were sniffing around the net all night…how many posts and crossbars did we hit? Yes the score was 0-0 at half but we were pretty much in control that whole half…scoring three.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flying Horses season is officially over - have to say I am glad at this point it is. After a roller coaster of a season where we were scratching to field a team each week. I am still having a tough time figuring that out when we ended up signing 36 guys this season!!! WOW!! We are looking to make some changes next year to have a more consistent line up. Want to bring some fun back into the team where guys actually want to show up and have some beers together (and play soccer).

This was a not a fun year!!

Hope everyone has a restful spring/summer!! Will see a few teams in the NSCL's summer league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all starts at the top and between the sticks, Eagles - less travelling the world and more Miggy on the Q will solve your issues!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0