Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game in Div 1 and the Flying Horses are already in the hole, losing 3-2 to the Muckerlomas.

@eagles what's the scoop?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC WS Rangers 2 - 0 Rino's Fury WS Bulldogs

Score was close until the last 5 minutes with us (Rangers) missing several chances to put this game away. Bulldogs with a glorious chance in the first half to score but blasted it over the bar. Lots of rust out there!

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game in Div 1 and the Flying Horses are already in the hole, losing 3-2 to the Muckerlomas.

@eagles what's the scoop?
Regs - we have not signed a goalie yet!!! Guys competed hard. Remember we did lose first game last year.

This year the league is much tougher. Good games each week. Good luck to all teams

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Was Dickens in the pipes? Lord have mercy on the flying horses :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the FHs lost their first game last year and in summer league they lost their first game this year and then ran the table. I believe JAGS is getting married this coming weekend so the other bear cub Dickens probably wasn't even there and is probably in mourning.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Wolves - KLM Alemania 0-3

Easy Friday evening for KLM beating the Wolves 3-0. All three goals were scored in the first half. To be honest I was expecting the Wolves to be a bit stronger but again I heard they were missing their top scorer from last year.

I agree 100% with eagles. The division will be tougher this year with talented teams coming up from Div 2 and 3 and amalgamation of Vancouver United with WS Rangers.

Good luck to all teams!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulldogs 1 - 0 Meraloma

We scored early in the first half... Couple more chances both ways, including one I lobbed over the keeper but their defender raced back to clear off the line. They also had one called back for an offside, which I thought should have been called back before that for a foul on our keeper. They play very physically, and with a stricter ref could have got into card trouble.

On to the Flying Horses next week... let's see what all the hype is about :)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win Dezza.

VUFC Rangers 5 - 0 Norvan
Good to see some old JB's out there! They came up from div 3 so might take a bit to adjust but they should compete this year I think. I thought they were stronger than the Bulldogs but we just finished off our chances better than we did against Dezza and crew.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC Rangers 5 - 0 Norvan
Good to see some old JB's out there! They came up from div 3 so might take a bit to adjust but they should compete this year I think.
Apparently, we(Norvan) have not scraped enough dough(read pass the ball more than 2 times consecutively) together to pay the cover in Division 1. The checking is tighter and the tempo is faster than our year in Div3 but the biggest issue is lack of composure which has led to enough poor passing for a dozen games let alone the 2 in the books. VUFC were a good notch up above Bombastic and capitalized on early chances for a 2 goal lead. Their 3rd goal was a pass-back/gift that their forward buried. Their 4th was another gift that saw the 35yd shot go through the hands of our backup keeper. The 5th goal, at the end of the game with us down to 10men after a 2nd yellow offense was the result of another comedic turnover that was quickly sent down field for a breakaway that was almost stopped but well finished in the end. Despite the piss-take scoreline, Norvan played a better second half and should have had a couple of goals for their efforts. On to next week, can't go much lower....

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
KLM Alemania - Bombastic 0-2.

1st goal was on the 47th minute of the first half. A poorly given penalty in my opinion. KLM defender was going to clear the ball inside the 18 yard box striker came from behind got in the way and got kicked. The defender had no intention and had no idea where the striker was as he was in kicking motion. The referee argued it's not the intention/action (old rules according to the referee) but it's the result/action (new rules according to the referee) the reason he gave the penalty. Second goal came on the 93rd minute from a corner and a header.

Bombastic was the better team by quite a bit. KLM should of scored maybe one goal.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is up with the horsies? A tie against the Bulldogs?

VUFC 2 - 0 KLM Alemania - many many grade A chances for us but the KLM keeper did extremely well closing quickly and made some excellent stops to keep the score line close. Good battle nonetheless.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulldogs 3-Horsies3

Boy did we shat the bed in the last 15 mins. Up 3-0 with 20 left and leaked a counter attack goal to go 3-1 with 10 to go. FH were beginning to press but were pretty deflated till that 1st one went in.

2nd was a penalty. Our keeper says he didn't touch him but result was literally a Flying Horse, penalty and keeper sent off straight red. With 3 mins left at 3-2 and down to 10 men there was a pool of shat on the field and a scrappy moment at top of box after a cross in and partially cleared little lob into 6 yard box from clearance and little header from striker beat our keep to the ball for 3-3 game done.

Feels like a loss but loved our play for 75 mins. Too bad there are 90 mins in a game.:bag:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmmm........Classed as new member with 450+ posts. Missing in action for 4 years. Georgie"s Back! :dead:.........too bad my game isn't o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0