Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This years Masters A Cup is under way. Some expected resullt so far in the early rounds with at least one surprise:

On Wednesday Croatia Stallions (Div 1) beat Harps (Div 1) 3-2 in a prelim elimination game.

On Friday Coquitlam Metro Ford (Premier) pounded their neighbours N. Coquitlam Shooters (Div 1) 6-0 in a derby game.

Also on Friday PCOV (Premier) smoked Green Devils (Div 1) 5-0.

In another Friday fixture, Shaheen (Div 1) humiliated an understaffed Falconettis (Div 1) 7-1.

In a spirited Friday affair which failed to meet up to its MOTW billing in East Van, Croatia (Premier) handled Serbia (Div 1) easily by a 5-2 margin.

Also on Friday out in Burnaby, Columbus (Premier) survived as scare from last place Romania (Premier) and went through with a 3-2 win.

In the final Friday matchup, Norvan (Div 1) handed VUFC Rangers (Premier) a 1-0 home loss and an early exit from this competition in what must be called an upset.

Tonight (Saturday) West Van Flying Horses (Div 1) host Croatia Stallions (Div 1) in a match between two top of the table Div 1 teams. The winner of this game meets the winner of the Sunday Westside/West Van fixture.

Finally, on Sunday afternoon at Empire, Westside (Premier) hosts West Van (Premier) in a match between multiple past winners of this cup.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeap. 4-1 was the final score. WVFH dominated and played really well. Looking forward to meet the winner of Westside-WVFC match.
Yes a
Yeap. 4-1 was the final score. WVFH dominated and played really well. Looking forward to meet the winner of Westside-WVFC match.
yes a good win for horses. If we play the masters premier team. Can't keep up with them.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 0 - 1 Norvan

We gave up another f*cking penalty. Nice clean game. One way traffic for us in my opinion but putting the ball in the back of the net wins games. Credit to them as they showed up with a bare bones crew of 12 players to our healthy numbers. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4 West Van 2. West Van gave up three goals on three shots in the last 15 minutes. Excellent officiating I thought by WB and his assistants.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4 West Van 2. West Van gave up three goals on three shots in the last 15 minutes. Excellent officiating I thought by WB and his assistants.

Westside in form at the moment! Assistants?...must be nice!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

By that logic, I would say that W Van scored 2 goals on one shot given Jinky's freekick was deflected in by one of our players.
Typical battle today at Empire. We squandered at least 3 guilt edge chances and honestly didn't think we had to deal with too much other than long balls and long throw ins.

Always a battle with WVan but thought we deserved this one.

On to the next.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia v Metroford was a good match. Either side could have taken the result. Outside MF having a few key guys out and guys like Ian playing with a knock, the crazy crows put together one off our better matches this year.
MF scored off a midfield turnover on our right side. Freddy I believe popped Trevor Todd in behind me and he placed a perfect ball to the far corner for a good goal. (Some buttholes puckered)(Trevor made me look really good) 10 Minutes later Macca scored a well position goal and then Tarek had his shot deflect which cause MF to bout of position.
The last ten MF create a number of chances but we held on.

There it is folks.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia v Metroford was a good match. Either side could have taken the result. Outside MF having a few key guys out and guys like Ian playing with a knock, the crazy crows put together one off our better matches this year.
MF scored off a midfield turnover on our right side. Freddy I believe popped Trevor Todd in behind me and he placed a perfect ball to the far corner for a good goal. (Some buttholes puckered)(Trevor made me look really good) 10 Minutes later Macca scored a well position goal and then Tarek had his shot deflect which cause MF to bout of position.
The last ten MF create a number of chances but we held on.

There it is folks.
There may have been a score and I think Croatia won? A 2:10am post so I understand

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Croatia knocked off the league leaders 2-1. And PCOV thumped Shaheen 4-1. No score in on the Columbus vs Norvan game in another Prem vs Div 1 match. Another good Prem vs Div 1 match tomorrow at empire at 2PM Westside vs WV Flying Horses.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan is a good team. I am not surprised with the result. This is the 2nd premier team they knock out.

They knocked us out in the first round with a good team effort. They scored a penalty and hung on to win 1-0 despite being put on the back foot for most of the match. I thought Columbus, who have had their way with us this season, would be too much for them. Well done Norvan and keep the cup run going! Who's up next?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes well done to Norvan. I can see them keeping it close with us as we don't score many goals but Columbus creates much more and I did not see this result.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flying Horses travel to Westside 9PM on Wednesday night at Point Grey Turf in a quarter final.

Who from the VMSL is the field scheduler?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure the Horses play home games at 6 on Saturdays. In any event, Westside moved on with a 1-0 win, followed up by forfeiting to the league leaders this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts