Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1 Columbus 1... both teams missing key player's today...fonseca is somewhere in jamaica with team canada scouting for big boobs on the beach...sir m ..danny v will miss your game on sunday as he lost his shirt playing hold'em at the club tonight...didn't bring enough money tonight to cover his debt therefore, he's are new janitor for the weekend...dickens can pick him up monday morning...

cheers

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford 7 Richmond 1 .................:rolleyes:

T idiot what the hell was that................

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 1 SFU 1

Shoddy affair at times, not much intensity until the ref picked it up a bit in the second half. SFU on a peno, Wickham on a breakaway. Not much more to report... except maybe that Scotland just scored on France and I think I saw Dickens in the crowd kissing a man in a kilt?

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of excuse's could somebody come up for a 7-1 drubbing
Outclassed in every aspect and MF was total Class during and after the game
I still think we can play here but history is what's looked at .
onward and upwards ..... only direction left

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This aft at Ambleside it was West Van 4, Sapperton 0. Besty playing out of position because of Dannys continuing eye problems as the result of that freak injury in Nations Cup had another two today and me thinks is right there near the top in league scoring now. Not as well refereed as the last couple. Sapp battled hard, their goaltender played very well, but were unable to get much going near our goalmouth. All of a sudden WV are finishing their chances and today having a couple of on loan players back in the fold to give us 14 which helped a lot.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside A 2-2 SU
Westside B 3-2 Vancouver Eagles

Sounded like a hard fought battle to share a couple of points in the A game. In the B, we were up 3-0 in the first half against a bunch of whiners, lost a man to a red early in the second and held on for the 3-2 win.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
Wickham 1 SFU 1

Shoddy affair at times, not much intensity until the ref picked it up a bit in the second half. SFU on a peno, Wickham on a breakaway. Not much more to report... except maybe that Scotland just scored on France and I think I saw Dickens in the crowd kissing a man in a kilt?

I.... I think your right Colemanj.. SCP, Sir M, Jags, I am still in my seat at Hampden!!! Actually not sure I ever saw my seat, what a game what an atmosphere, Best team in the world! Scotland! After party still going on!!! I need to get home and dry out and win a few poker games to pay for the last couple weeks. I am sure Dany Will help do that :) How did England do? Glasgow is still on fire here, haven't slept in couple days. Sir M... I may need a XXL track top to keep me warm at the game on Friday.

McDinkdoo!

The new drink of choice is Spice rum and coke mixed with Guinees!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O flower of Scotland,
When will we see,
Your like again
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit hill and glen
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's army
And sent him homeward
Tae think again.

The hills are bare now
And autumn's leaves lie thick and still,
Oe'r land that is lost now,
Which those so dearly held,
That stood against him...

Those days are past now,
And in the past they must remain,
But we can still rise now
And be the nation again,
That stood against him...

Brrrrt!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that's got my Honeyman and Graham blood boiling again... on to Ukraine, on to victory! Dark and Dirtys for all Wednesday! (or until Wednesday for those TTPers in Scotland.)

Never seen the Italians more happy at Saturday soccer, seems beating the French wasn't enough -- they still love to see them lose.

Caught the Sapperton WVFC tilt on Sunday. Some well taken goals by WV, all GOTW variety, and solid play by Sapperton. Pretty entertaining game, and another spectacular day at Ambleside.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Westside A 2-2 SU
Westside B 3-2 Vancouver Eagles

In the B, we were up 3-0 in the first half against a bunch of whiners, lost a man to a red early in the second and held on for the 3-2 win.

BIG whiners those Eagles. Funny we lost a man to a red in the first 15 mins but held on for a 3-0 win.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
I.... I think your right Colemanj.. SCP, Sir M, Jags, I am still in my seat at Hampden!!! Actually not sure I ever saw my seat, what a game what an atmosphere, Best team in the world! Scotland! After party still going on!!! I need to get home and dry out and win a few poker games to pay for the last couple weeks. I am sure Dany Will help do that :) How did England do? Glasgow is still on fire here, haven't slept in couple days. Sir M... I may need a XXL track top to keep me warm at the game on Friday.

McDinkdoo!

The new drink of choice is Spice rum and coke mixed with Guinees!

To all of you TTPers and especially the WV Peg supporters:

I apologize, on behalf of Dickens. He is actually a quite good little player, he has recently experienced a big change in his life and is clearly assuaging his conflicts with, well, alcohol. By way of reference, a little over a year ago Sir M thought he had a pretty good little signing of a quick midfielder from Trollers "A" (serves me right to go west of the traditional player base...:rolleyes: )...in any event this 35 year old embarked on the "year of the stag"...played about two games last year...but I am sure is poised for a huge comeback! Nonetheless, looks like he is ready and fit to come back after putting on 20 and getting a smashing Scottish accent over the last three weeks. Can hardly wait til you return my friend! Poker at Bros after the game...BRRRT. :bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok its Wednesday, two days before the week's first fixture(s) and more importantly, staff advise, just one week away from the first installment of the 06-07 version of the much anticipated :rolleyes: Excellent Power Rankings. In the meantime, confidence buoyed by the excellent call last week of the SFU/Wickham tie, staff have advised they predict the following for week 6:

Wickham at home to Sapperton: Wickham are always tough at home, but Sapp will be looking to make amends for their Premier side's misfortunes last week. The grass won't be too long for them:( at Griffin, so...Sapperton. (Could be a chippy game).

Inter at Richmond Utd: Inter (is Rob Z playing this year SCK?)

Surrey Utd at Columbus. Normally a mouth watering affair, and still could be, but the absence of Sal, Benji and Frank C will hurt the Columbos a lot...SU in a close one.

Firemen hosting Metro Ford. MOTW. VFF will be licking their wounds after a very tough weekend in the prairies, and will be talking redemption (much like they did last year before they dismissed SFC in the semis of the BCs) after their embarassment to the MFers at Riverway last year in their cup game...Firemen.

Westside hosting PCOV. 1st thought is to go with the Provincial finalists, but PCOV have a habit of playing the red and white...with the slimming black trim...tough...tie....(if Fonseca is back SCP).

SFU hosting West Van. Staff were divided on this one as WV struggles away especially on Fridays, but Sir M ordered them to pick WV...WV.

On behalf of SMEPR staff, good luck to all.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M .......... will the Power Rankings be out before this weekend, or do we have to wait one more week until the 2006/2007 VMSL Masters Power Rankings are unveiled? Much like EA Sports have for the front box of FIFA 2007, NHL 2007 & NFL 2007, will we have a poster child that represents all facets of the VMSL Masters league? Could it be someone like Dickens, who is already suffering the sophmore jinx, and actually the freshman jinx as well. Actually might need two boxes to fit in all of his new found girth.:eek: :eek: Maybe Colemanj, SCP, Scottyshell or even Skakira????

Back to topic, can any SFUer out there, or anybody that has played SFU during their much coveted Friday night 9pm game advise if there are changerooms available before and after the game? Need to plan ahead. If no showers, then we are off straight to the Lynwood and will fit right in. If we have showers, might hit the Mountain Shadow and then the Lywood.

JAGS ..... who is all about planning the Friday night:D :D

EDIT ......... I have always been told it is all about timing, and apparently I was a day late and a dollar short when it came to my question on when we will see the Power Rankings. Please ignore the start of my note, and as many of you do on a regular basis, ignore the whole thing.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Dickens is now being sponsored by Maidenform. Off to Seymours for a hockey draft/recruiting mission. Do you want in for half JAGS? (of the draft I mean).

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sir m...fonseca will be in vegas this weekend for the hold'em tournament...i think danny is with him as well???...

wickham vs sapp... nationals are finished...sapp will have all the older player's from their open team...sapp

Inter vs Richmond..Inter

SU vs Columbus...edge to SU but very close

FF vs Metro...1st game for Frank F against his old team...Firemen

SFU vs West Van...later start should help the boys from west van...they will have a extra hour of drinking at the lynnwood before they carpool into town...west van

Westside vs Pcov...Peter don't forget the scotch...tie as usual

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags, if you must have change rooms you can find them at the extreme NE corner of the gym complex, while the field is in the extreme lower SW corner... just head towards the darkness. It is a bit of an aerobic workout just getting to the field, so arrive early to give yourself time to recover (I'd be out of the Lynwood by 8PM if I were you.) The altitude is a killer, let me tell you.

The field has bus shelters, so be prepared to use them for pre and post game activities. We had big dreams of going to the pub after the game last Friday, but these dissolved with the thin atmosphere and long distances involved. I blame it on Purdy, who brought beer knowing full well there were young co-eds only hundreds of meters away? (I had already made sure my daughter had left campus for the evening.)

Dress warm and have a good game up there, hope the numbers are there this week.

I am trusting that the Favros and Donnellys are tired from the Nationals -- they need a Friday night off. Looking forward to playing the rest of the Sapp boys Friday night, luckily I'm a field length away from George!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP, I'll pass on the request to the boss but I think you may be in luck. If you hang out for a bit you'll be able to see our mighty B team in action in a noon kickoff. We're up against Stew's team and they appear to be ripe for a few goals against. I had a post last week and stubbed my chicken a few times so I'm due...I begin preparing with 800 mg of ibuprofen the night before and another dose an hour before playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0