Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My vote went to the Suite's "Wave Babies" :D

I haven't seen that much feathered hair since the original Charlie's Angels.

I am still trying to get trhe Aqua Net off of my hands...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 Sapp 3

I don't know what's worse, our shocking play after six long weeks off or shite from Sapperton players too many to mention. We were horrible all game long after struggling to get bodies out for today. Not sure why since we haven't played since early December. Sapp were lucky to get a point. Period.
In particular, #20 needs to give his head a shake. No intent on tackles and his skill resembles youngsters I coach with and against. Their secon half keeper not much better. The only good thing is we still need to play them even if it's in Shite Park. Enough said...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of hours after SCKs game ended, (by the way I could not see what happened near the end but there certainly appeared to be a lot of ill will between the sides)...

WVFC Peg 5 and Cracovia 1 on a PK.

I agree with you SCK we too were pretty rusty, but no cards for us which is good, and Cracovia got 3 or 4 for whining/diving etc. At least we got to play.

The ref said Coumbus beat VFF 1-0 today. I was going to post abouot Spadas skybar nite last nite (played 60 in center mid after finding himself on a boat off of Point Grey at 7 A.M. this morning...amazing frankly)...but I am too tired just thinking about it. Peter what happened in your game?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 6-1 Lobbans

I had to leave shortly after halftime when we were up 2-0 on first half goals by Rick Rudolph and Carl Atterton. We seemed to have things in hand but in my post game report from the trenches I learned that we actually made a game out of it with a couple of no-communication plays in which they managed to get a goal (and a very near miss, I hear).

But we had a pretty full bench running and Lobbans were struggling. Mario Baff makes his season debut with 2 goals. Geoff Catliff with a header and Craig Chamberlain with a rocket on a nice laserbeam through ball from Richie Cannon rounded it out.

Great to get a game in finally! Should be fun Friday night. We need to be on our toes since PCOV are now scoring goals...SCP, 2 goals is the absolute minimum you need to refer to the output in the plural.

I don't know why I make those kind of comments giving the other team fuel for the fire. I always get comments at games from opponents about things said on here, usually out of context, that makes me wonder why more people don't throw in their two bits.

Here's a can o' worms: are any Valley players being considered for the upcoming international indoor tourney or is it strictly a VMSL affair?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a can o' worms: are any Valley players being considered for the upcoming international indoor tourney or is it strictly a VMSL affair?
Considering the email for this thing was only circulated to VMSL people (I've seen a copy), I would surmise no.

What I can't understand is why it hasn't been promoted/mentioned anywhere in public?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indoor thingy?

I just stumbled upon this as I rarely ever view this thread. ;)

Peter:
Haven't heard about this indoor thingy but I have heard that a VMSL O-35 All Star team will be selected to play an FVSL one possibly.
This all to be done in conjuction with playing a travelling Masters side from China.
Is this one in the same that you talk about?

Anyhow, I've informed the FVSL my intentions if they want me to play.
I have to be the Captain for the FVSL side and I have to be the starting centre midfielder.
That, and by no means will I play along side the likes of Robin Regnier.
It's him or me.
He's a fcuking cheater and my morals won't allow it.

RF

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF/TB, read all about it here.

If you follow an enclosed link, they want a pretty penny to be watching. For that kind of dough spectators want more than just pure talent, looks and flair are really important. Those pants you were wearing hoisted up above your midriff at the BC's opening game aren't going to cut it, RF. Regs, the post-partum thing can be cruel and although I haven't seen you in a while, I've heard stories.

Either which way, the transfer deadline is over...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Press conference will be on Monday at the Pacific Coliseum promoting the event

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ticket info: For the hardcore fans, there will be an opportunity to meet the players prior to the match at a VIP Meet and Greet Buffet dinner between 5 and 6:30pm at the venue. Tickets for this event will include the Buffet and lower bowl tickets between the blue lines. Cost will be $125.00 plus Ticketmaster Service Charges.

Tickets for the event only will range from $49.50 for lower bowl, $25.00 or $20.00 for behind the goal areas, plus applicable service charges.

Did someone say BuffeT, oh RF is all over this one now. Had to do it Bigman.

Sounds a little too pricey for the players you get to see, will hae to be one HELL of a buffet.

Who goes and watches this stuff?

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks predictions:

PCOV vs Westside on the turf...tie game.
Cracovia vs Lobbans...tie game
SFU vs Inter...tie...no, Inter will win this one.
WVFC vs VFF...tie...no Ambleisde was just closed...postponed, so...

WVFC Div 1 CAT with a # of WVFC old boys playing for them :) vs SU Div 1 CAT on Saturday..no idea.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M: Could you guys get anymore players on the all star team?? I guess first place allows you such freedom. You will be well served starting from the goal with RZ. Best of luck to them!

My predictions for the week:

PCOV/ Westside -Westside by a couple
Cracks/ Lobbans - Lobbans by one
S.F.U./Inter - Better be us...
WV/F.F. -F.F. by one(not playing though)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well SCK, its kind of not really like what it appears...its just 3 really, and Columbus had 3 as well (including one ColumbusPeg ;) ) guy , because there will be only 3 WVPeg players there on Friday in Vancouver and and 3 on Sunday in Calgary. We had to drop Randy and Besty after Fridays game because, basically, they are no good on road trips. Randy always wants to go canoeing or off painting icebergs or the Joshua tree, or something, and Besty, well, we all know how much he yells at everybody . They are each replaced, respectively, by Bro (excellent guy on a road trip...loves the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7- Spiced Captain Morgan and Coke pour), and Ryan who is on fire with tight leather pants and the mint green flannel shirt. Perfect Village people (the cowboy guy) attire for Calgary.

Just be thankful that the Coach of The Year was not available for selection. ;)

It looks like a good side though. I will defer to SCP to announce it.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK .......... Sir M tried to have all 12 players represented by the Caribean AllStars due to his propensity for the tasty herb, but the league voted it out.
Dickens

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens/Cider:

Yes, I had heard about their desire to play as well. They couldn't figure out who to put in net and who would start.
Oh well, there is always next year, right?

SCk

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1-1 PCOV

A cold wet night in New West, another brain fart by us, a couple of fine saves by each keeper (SCP and Merks), the Baffer staying on his feet long enough to finally slot one, no showers a couple of cold beers and a brilliant feed at the Spagetteria (had the spaghetti and ribs: tres bon!) and the night was complete. We haven't been able to take 3 points off those bastards for a few years now.

I thought Fonseca had a pretty good game for them...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 SFU 0

Evenly matched game after their big guy had a brain freeze and took a red only 4 minutes into the game. They played hard after that and held our "numerous" chances in both halves. We finally scored on a great through ball to MF who slotted home the only goal. Who's idea was to play at nine on the turf anyway? Our post game chat included the upcoming all star tilt in Van and Calgary. Who will get the ball more JC, Benji, or the WV boys? Also, it'll be interesting to see if anyone can keep RZ quiet in goal.. Good luck, Sir M.

On to the mighty Sapp hole next week. Peter, maybe we'll try the spagetts for some post game lunch. Although, it's not REAL italian fare..

SCK

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We checked with the ref after the game, and the red came at the 44 second mark of the game, the earliest red I have ever seen. The game ended up being the cleanest I have played in all year, the ref really set a tone with that call :) The game was very even, both teams with cross bars, and Inter with the edge on chances in open play while we had quite a few more corners that all looked dangerous. The game was decided on a couple break aways.

On ours, the striker dribble around a diving keeper who got a hand on the ball. If the striker had kept his head in the game instead of putting his head down and swearing, he would have finished the ball that snuck thru the keepers hands (the striker was hit in the back of the leg by the ball as he was finishing his run).

The Inter breakaway was finished clinically by a substitue striker after a great flick on by an offside player (we got a couple offside calls earlier that looked onside so we can't complain about the goal). You can't blame a consistent ref when you don't have linesmen.

It was a new ref and along with the Captain, as good as we have had all year. We didn't get the point that I feel did enough to earn, but it is nice to put together a solid game going into the final two relegation battle games against PCOV and Cracovia.

Coolhead

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens:

Can't allow the CAI guys in this one - they have too much experience. Jimmy Lowe is the only man I know who wears a #69 jersey only because it's his age....

SCP/Sir M:

Have you guys stopped stuffing your faces with the free appies and drinks from the press conference long enough to make an announcement on this site?:D

Trece

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M is probably either too hammered or busy planning tomorrrow walk of shame back to the coliseum in order to pick up his car. Either that or he could be at the West Van Change room looking for hair samples or DNA evidence or any other sort of proof that there may have been a poker game there Friday. Sir M I would concentrate your detective work either in Changeroom "d" (just ask Jags where that is) or near the batting cage.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0