Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

I totally agree. After our game yesterday we initiated a yapping card policy that will hit perpetrators with fines that will hopefully make the cards go away or make the beer fund prosper. We've gone from winning the Lady Byng for the entire league a couple of years ago (while winning the title, btw) to this—good thing we've got 27 guys signed.

On another note, a serious case of writer's block has hit the ex-pres after Friday night. Maybe all that hold'em is bad for the team game, SCP? You should get them to move the ball a little earlier and see what happens.

A dismal 1/5 on my predictions last week...

FF v Inter
Lobbans v WV Peg
PCOV v Columbus
SFU v Crakovia
Westside v Sapperton

Inter, Peg, Columbus, SFU, Westside.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find that there is too much yapping by teams overall. You're not going to get every call even if some are really awful ones. A game is ninety minutes after all. I took in the Lobbans/PCOV game and the portos dominated the second half but couldn't finish. They had numerous chances to put things away. I think SCP didn't have that many shots from what I saw. They'll have to pick it up in the second half of the season.

I was 2 for 4 on the predictions since I don't predict our own game.

My predictions for this week:

West Van -if they finish chances again they'll win easily
Columbus-playing well and scoring..
S.F.U.-they'll win a close one
Westside-will win as long as they score early

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone advise of Larry Walker field is grass or artificial turf? Also, what colours do Lobbans wear, is it black and white stripes?

Also can anyone advise where Maple Ridge is?:p

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Can anyone advise of Larry Walker field is grass or artificial turf? Also, what colours do Lobbans wear, is it black and white stripes?

Also can anyone advise where Maple Ridge is?:p
Furthermore, why Maple Ridge? :p :p

Sir M, maybe a team bus is in order?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To Sir M/Luch:

Larry Walker is a grass field, and I might add, a pretty nice one.
I don't know the exact location, but it's after Dewdney Trunk Rd., way the hell out there. Bring your lunch as well. They wear black and white stripes, but I don't recall their other jerseys.
SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, since nobody is helping out, I believe that Larry Walker Park was previously known as Hammond Field. Go past Roosters on Lougheed, turn right on 207th. Couple of blocks in on your right, just before the bikers' clubhouse in beautiful downtown Hammond. Approx. 40 minutes from the Shore.

Any locals out there able to confirm this is the right place?

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup that is correct Coleman. Roosters is on Lougheed and I believe you meant to say it is about a $40 cab ride from The Shore (formerly Holidays and then the red door). :knvb:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forgot Goofys and the Old Roller Rink, plus $40 may only get you to Boone County - better share a ride out there or Sir M will be picking you off the side of the road.

Dickens, you can call me J - and did you know the Monkey got married this summer. Ran into him last night and he kicked the ball around a bit with us at Ambleside.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J.. I did hear about Monkey.. Is he still riding a suspension? I am not a good enough golfer for Sir M to pick me up. He is more into the Nancy Lopez types, gotta run before I pee myself. :knvb:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that this might be Tod's final year on the sidelines.

Shame about the prostrate problem, there is a Shell station on the Marys'Hill Bypass if you can't make it all the way to Maple Ridge in one go.

J man

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the weather may cooperate a little for our games this weekend. Hopefully, everyone gets their games in. Important games for many teams us included...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M et al.:

Did you guys sort out the bus trip this weekend? Wouldn't want you guys to not show up and lose a potential three points. Don't get distracted by the pubs on the way...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your concern SCK. We have decided to drive to Seymours pub Saturday night and have about 20 double rummers with Spada. Roll out of there in the morning since the cars will already be in the parking lot and pile into a couple vans and have a few Bloody mary's on the route out just to take the edge off in the morning. I love carpooling from the pub, it just makes sense.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you boys will be stopping for much more than just chew after 20 double R and C's the night before. May I suggest a quick stop at Lenny's for some Moons over your Hammie's on the way out, gets the system going.
Good old Spada, he still plays?

hos
Lets Go Columbus

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah Hos.. WCB Poster child. Yeah Spada is playing and playing well, but can only make the games that do not conflict with his coaching duties. The team is a full Lynn Valley Falcons and Burdett beavers selct side. ;)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4-2 Sapperton

Wilmsy with a double jink-chip the keeper to open it up, Geoff Catliff with 1 and Al McGrath with 2. They came close a couple of times but we were finally able to put it away as they were pressing for the tie when the score was 3-2.

Finally scored some goals again!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 1 Inter 0

Interesting game at Riverway. They scored with two to go before the half. We were all over them in the second especially after their player was carded a yellow and then a red. We missed a PK for the second straight week and hit a post as well. Just couldn't score in a very one-sided second half. We should have had the three points, but when you don't finish your chances... We'll have to be better for next week's game against Westside who scored a few goals today.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 8 v. Lobbans 0. Long way out to the Ridge, but well worth the trip. We were up 2-0 at the half and then things opened up. Besty with two, Jua with two (after sleeping in from being hammered at the 54-40 concert), DV with two, Bro with one and myself with the TSN turning point goal ..................... yes, the 8th one, but it was a meg as planned. Good game by the whole team. Bakes solid in net, D-Man a stalward at the center back and Spadapeep with a yeomens effort in dislocating his shoulder to get at the pint wagon a little sooner than planned. All in all, a great day and a lot of good laughs in the small confines of the Larry Walker Fieldhouse afterwards. Apparently Larry paid for the changerooms when he was playing for the Expos and making $100,000.00 per year. He should have held off until he was a Colorado Rockie and could have afforded a changeroom that seats more than 8. Onto Columbus next week, which will be a great match. My prediciton for MOTW.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts