Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters suck...

Sir M said:
But then the usual trusty Besty, who was going to start in central defence due to multiple WV injuries, falls asleep on his couch and arrives around half past the hour.

It was actually 5 min past the hour. What do you expect.....center back? :confused:

May be it was the 20 year grad reunion the prior night! :rolleyes:

My Bad???

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm certain this will be amended soon, we were informed that Westside could not field a side. We were ready and willing to play.

Right, forget it???? Great piss-taking!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters suck...

besty said:
Sir M said:
But then the usual trusty Besty, who was going to start in central defence due to multiple WV injuries, falls asleep on his couch and arrives around half past the hour.

It was actually 5 min past the hour. What do you expect.....center back? :confused:

May be it was the 20 year grad reunion the prior night! :rolleyes:

My Bad???
Naw your not bad Besty (you just took the pitch half past the hour :D) Was your vision Sunday morning like the blurry writing on your avatar?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on guys, Besty is a special player and we don't need him to be any more wound up than Mrs. Besty usually gets him come Sunday morning.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about you or Besty, but coming Sunday morning usually unwinds me.

Call me crazy. :D

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Peter.....what do you mean by "special"?
Cause I know I speak and read real good. :p

I hear you Keeper!!!
Although that would probably keep me from being on time again??? ;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like we have some rain for the weekend. I heard Queen's Park is now closed. What's the chance of no game against PCOV versus Inter? Wondering.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queen's Park is closed for thursday...we will know Friday morning and they will probably find us another field if Queens Park is closed????

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday night soccer at Queen's Park under the lights. Can't get better than that. PCOV came out and scored early off a great corner kick from ....Fonseca. We came back right away and then scored a great second goal. The pace of the game was up and down and we had numerous chances to put away them. SCP made some great saves and he kept it close. We could have had six or seven. I think they were playing a little hurt and were missing some key guys. Good game nonetheless. Final score 3-1. Yes, Peter the pressure is on for you guys. Good luck on Sunday.
SCK

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU Clan Alumni Royals 4
Lobbans 2

An important win for us as we only had a single point from our previous four games.

We scored a goal early and then got a second against the play on a quick counter attack as Lobbans was pressing to tie the game. They we a little flat after that second goal and we looked to be in control of the match, but a missed defensive clearance left the ball sitting in the six yard box for an unmarked striker to slot home.

The turning point in the match came about ten minutes later when a Lobban's player was shown a straight red card for ???. I didn't see who it was as I was blacking out at the time. The last thing I remember was beating the outside back to a fifty/fifty ball and pushing it past him down the line. The rest of the match is a little fuzzy, but we scored our third goal on a free kick from about twenty yards out. The ball deflected off the outside of the wall and curled into the far corner of the net. They scored their second goal early in the second half but we were able to put them away with our fourth. We could have scored more as they were a man down and really pressing forward for most of the second half, but we didn't finish our chances. The Lobbans back line was solid all night, but their lack of midfield coverage gave us to many odd man rushes, and we finished enough of them.

Coolhead

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3
Westside 0

Solid performance today, we had more legs today especially after Catso was sent off when we were up 2-0 for yelling at the ref.(A Besty special)
Smally, there was no nut meg there. It's all in your head. :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
besty said:
WVFC 3
Westside 0

Solid performance today, we had more legs today especially after Catso was sent off when we were up 2-0 for yelling at the ref.(A Besty special)
Smally, there was no nut meg there. It's all in your head. :knvb:

Besty,
I thought you (sober and on time this week) kind of took the league's leading scorer (with later on the help of the ref...QOTD...I call for a sub at the 70 minute mark, and Dickens_Sider tells Rene to "go on in and replace the official") out of the game today.

What sucked was the BBQ never materialized...:(

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Sir M ........ too many Turkey dinners for the BBQ ...... and others had to head home for a memory crank to Nancy Lopez. :D :D BBQ has been postponed for a couple weeks. JAGS will be eating smokies all week long.

Great game by Besty, Hillier, Randall .......... and the whole team for that matter. We started a touch slow and on our heels, but then started to get into our own flow and do what we can do on a big pitch. Great goal by Randall against the run of play early on. 1-0 at the half and then the 2nd came from DV on a great shot by Deetho, which was too hot for Wicks and he put in the rebound. 3rd was a nice finish by Findlay, but by that time it was all over with Catliff sent off for lipping off the ref. Did not hear what he said, but does him no good by keeping at the ref for another 20 minutes. Probably added to games suspended for keeping at him. All in all, a great day at Ambleside. Few post game pints and a good solid version of Cracklin' Brolly to round out the day. On to Inter next week.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts