Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portuguese Club 1 Sapperton 1- Sapperton's goalie tom was outstanding...we played well throughout the game but could not finish on our chances...
I heard WFC Westside beat Columbus 4-3 and WFC was up 4-0 at one point...
Sir M...how did you guys do???

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC 2 v. SFU 1
Game Report to follow.............

JAGS .......... whoisjustnowgettinghomefromthegameat9:00am

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D :D :D
Captain Shamrock ....... trust you made it to the the gals game. It was finally a pleasure to have someone in the middle that actually understands what goes on in a game ...... trust our friend Walks could learn a thing or three from what we had today. :D :D
Game report still to follow, but need to finish my bottle of Chianti before I type any more.

Beckham ........... notVictoriaororBrooklynn.

JAGS

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they tried to sign Tee as well, but I do not think they were successful on that one.
Columbus doesn't drink enough for Tee :rolleyes:, so he ended up with Sasha on 22nd Ave, where they made life rough for PoCo Celtic yesterday, 4-0.

Hey, is the old WCOSL site going to used at all this year, or will the Masters Div's just be left for The Excellent Site to deal with?
According to the idiot who runs the WCOTSL site, most of the content will move to The Excellent Site, but there are still some extremely useful pages that will stick around for a while, like the player classifieds and team contact info (who needs fax #'s when you have email addresses?).

Metro Ford Earwax 5 Spurs 1 - two very different halves. No Hands in goal for Spurs, but he could only be faulted for 1 out of 5 in the 1st half; the rest being attributable to lack of defensive support. Much better 2nd half with our new import striker Ricardo putting one away and No Hands actually stoning Ajax from point-blank at least 3 times, including one where the ball was saved and their forward ended up in the back of the net.

Busy day at Adanac with this game on SW (really nice shape), PCOV vs Sapperton on SE (the unevenly cut hayfield), and BC Romanians vs Shaheen up top on the back 40. Heard that the Parks Board "forgot" to cut the grass at Hastings so games there were either cancelled or moved (like ours).

Wonder if any of our players could be referred to as "young veterans?"

beerZ,

stew:cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4-3 Columbus

Yes, we were up 4-0, 2-0 at the half, on a hat trick by John Catliff and Geoff got the winner. Columbus had some new faces and we held Benjie in check for 75 minutes or so and then he got loose for 1, they got a second and then they made it interesting by getting a third down a man (their keeeper got tossed for yapping too much about a breakaway where our guy was on our side of center when the pass was made).

Although it ended up tight, we missed many chances and besides the late meltdown, we played well and deservered the win.

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div.1 Metro Ford Celtic 3 Westside Bulldogs 0

Well contested match, clean but tough. Thought we held our own for much of the 1st. half. A lot of the game was played in the middle of the pitch. But as the half dragged on, it seem to be played more in our half. Our keeper tried to pull a Barthez, got around their striker, and scuffed the clearance. MFC, striker easily chipped into an open net. 2nd 1 came of a corner, we failed to clear. Their 3rd came in the 2nd. half, their striker beat the trap, and proceeded to chip our keeper, for the last goal.
The season has started, back to the Sundays we know and love... :cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
Sir M...how did you guys do???
SCP.

I will defer to JAGS to post re the game, but I would like to say that the 0900 start was not kind to some (those that actually made it to the game) after Eddie's stag. Besty seemed OK, but the Coach of the Year...:eek::eek:!!

I thought Captain did a fine job. I have one question though, in "very important notice #2" it says that the home team pays the official, but I was advised by CS yesterday that Ang has told him it is $25 each. Which is it?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We payed $25 as usual (in the WCOTSL) then the ref came back with the aforementioned notice, provided to him by Columbus who must have anticipated the mixup, and we had to pony up the additional $25.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys: home teams pay for the referree's...vmsl rules...make sure you read those email's and notice's.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In that case those SFU types owe us $25. We are willing to take payment out of their cooler when they come to visit...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering why I had $75 in my pocket. :D I managed to snag $100 from the Westside/Bombastic game the day before too.....:D as neither knew who the home team was. :D

Anyway, Ange told me that it was supposed to be both teams, so I will confirm things with him........

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trust me, Captain -- after talking to that putz of a manager, I certainly knew who the home team was. I can only think that he wanted the smaller field to save himself some huffing and puffing. :rolleyes: Didn't do him much good, though. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Trust me, Captain -- after talking to that putz of a manager, I certainly knew who the home team was. I can only think that he wanted the smaller field to save himself some huffing and puffing. :rolleyes: Didn't do him much good, though. :D

Keeper,

I had a feeling the small field might have been to their benefit, but the better team won in the end. Your team moves ball well and will probably stroll through that league.......You made a couple of handy saves too, to preserve the shutout.........

CS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I also had the feeling the small field might have been to your benefit. You move well and look as if you're strolling through that league. You made a couple of handy calls too, to preserve my shutout. ;)

K

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

SCP is actually right (for a change). We're supposed to be doing it the same way as the open division.

Noted too, though, that our ref insisted that both teams were supposed to pay. I tried to give him $50 as the home team, but he would only take $25, as he said "the other team already paid him that much." Had I but known, I'd have straightened Ange out when he did my kid's game on Saturday...:rolleyes:

I'll square this up with Ian from Earwax for our return game, but hope it doesn't happen again.

beerZ,

stew:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Captain,

I also had the feeling the small field might have been to your benefit. You move well and look as if you're strolling through that league. You made a couple of handy calls too, to preserve my shutout. ;)

K

Just one call, which the guy failed to capitalize on. :D I was a lot happier when I saw the length of the other field and I would be lying if I said otherwise. :D BTW, Stranger looked solid out wide on the right but I think he needs a haircut? Stranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0