Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing rattling in Texas are the contents of the Westside stomach that walks....:D

BTW, there's only one "n" in Louisiana, Subway Boy.:p

Pete:

The secret to being able to get up for the 10 am kickoffs is having kids. There's no such thing as sleeping in on weekends anymore after that...

Georgie Boy has it right - it just means you get to resume getting pinted earlier.

Trece

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Well boys!!

i got to say that I love the responds about me and the texas rattel snake, but remember one thing boys you all know that i will make you guys my bitch!! As for the diet thing Fcbiach I liked your response, but you talking about my homeboy!! and did'nt you play with stew in the summer and did'nt jared score!! he may not diet, but you know what he does know how to score goals, you may want to try that Biach!!!

As for the Richmond FC, Oh yeah baby, 2-0!! this is a new year baby!! as for TS he was not there, but we did play well and we pulled it through, our keeper did what he can do, and he is going to win alot of games for us this year!! But the boys we played did well and they were a good team!! As for Richmond, we will only get better!!! Good luck to the rest of the teams and Rattel Snake, we got you transfer papers drafted up!!! maybe we will take wheels and Bruce too!!!!!

Peace Biach!!!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 4 IFC Zawisza 2

JB's for the most part controlled the game. The two goals by IFC Zawisza were flukes. They actually would be a better team is they stopped dinking around with ball and made faster passes.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend killer, rattler did score, but not on me :p at least I can't remember, as far as my mind goes, I don't think I played vs you guys much in the summer in between the posts, maybe i'm wrong

Therapist: Zawisza.....could not be a better team, trust me on that one, that is as good as they come ( i know some of the guys on their team :p)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks games:

2A:
PCOV vs IFC Polonia - Is Polonia the real deal? MOTW
Aryana vs Signmaster - Will Aryana figure out how to play defense? Not!
Firefighters vs Bosna - Firefighters get the W that puts them in the top half of the table
Bombastic vs Maplewood: Maplewood is always good for a surprise but not this week.
Kosova vs City FC - Kosova get just what the doctor ordered in a near guaranteed win.

2B:
Cleos vs Richmond - Richmond jump to a 3-0 start.
Alemania vs Belmont - Belmont looks down from their highwire act at the top of the div and drop a result to zGermans
WestVan - BUnited - BUnited, BSomething, BBeaten by 3 goals
Unicorns vs Douglas Pk - Unicorns seem to playing well early on and take this one by 2goals
Nomads vs Primos - Nomads took some precious pts off of Primo last year. Primos have not forgotten and win by 1 MOTW

2C:
GreenDevils vs EW Socceroos - Kanga roadkill, GD's drive over EW
Westside vs Sandzak - The oldest team in the group vs the heaviest team in the group. This one could end in a tie.
C-Men vs JimBeam - CMen always give us a tough game but the team is driven this year and should take all 3pts.
FC Romania vs City FC Rangers - MOTW and should provide some further benchmarks for the top 5 teams in the group.
Zawisza vs Yaletown: If Zawisza play a better team game(leave the dancing shoes at home) they could get some results. Yaletown should be able to put this one away.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with most of your predictions, Bonefish, except for:

2B - I think Douglas Park will win over the Unicorns. Rangers are a better team than last year.

2C - C-men over JBs :eek: Same reason.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Agree with most of your predictions, Bonefish, except for:

2B - I think Douglas Park will win over the Unicorns. Rangers are a better team than last year.

2C - C-men over JBs :eek: Same reason.

DPR and Unicorns will draw. Your second statement is expected..................and I expect you to be wrong.;)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
DPR and Unicorns will draw. Your second statement is expected..................and I expect you to be wrong.;)

Sometimes you have to expect the unexpected....

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Knights might have to fly in Luigi from the Dutch Antilles ,Nicaragua, Belize or wherever his last known country of origin is. Suspensions, injuries, weddings, a lack of babysitters, a lost apple crisp recipe, etc... seriously limit available bodies this week. Too bad since this might have been one of the few "sure bet" opportunities. Greenies,Jb's should roll,Knights and Yaletown will squeek by. Tough to call the Romanians/Rangers match. I pick a 5-5 tie. One week to go until the long awaited return of the good doctor and the knights version of Harold Ballard from unwarranted suspensions. Just another example of the man holding me down....

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2- Cleo's 0
Close game at McBride today. Cleo's put up a good fight, but couldn't put one past the stellar Richmond D and Keeper. We scored 1 in each half on some clinical finishing. We controlled much of the possession and had some great buildups, but could've done better in the attacking 1/3. They had some strong counterattacks, which were easily controlled by a strong RFC D.
Either way, we pulled out the W, and that's all that matters.
As for Cleo's, they had some talented players as well as some mouthpieces. I still don't understand how someone can talk so much trash 85 mins into a 2-0 loss, which puts your team at 0-3
Get a haircut, #9, and know your role, sucka.

BTW, this is the first time I can remember us starting off 3-0. Big game next week v Alemania. Looking fwd to sending a msg to them (and the rest of 2B), as to who the team to beat is!

Holla if ya hear me.

TS

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC 0 , Maplewood 0

Although a very simple in the way they go about things Maplewoood played quite well. BFC were missing 3 key players but no excuses as there was enough talent on the pitch to get the job done. 2 points lost due to a lack of scoring chances created.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work to Richmond on the good start. Had the same experience with Cleo's in that after the game was over one of their players started chirping about us only getting 2 shots on net. Total sour grapes and also delusional as although the play was fairly even through the mid, we out chanced them, scored 2 goals, and gave up a total of 1 shot. Good luck against Alemania - totally beatable but a strong enough div 2 team none the less.

Belmont 1 - 2 Alemania

We went up early, they tied it right away and then went up 2-1 about 5 after that on an unbelievable shot that no keeper had a chance on (and our keeper is very good). Well taken strike.

Alemania won the first half but Belmont took over in the second and outworked and out-tackled Alemania and pushed hard for a goal. Had plenty of opportunities to tie/win it but it wasn't our day. The Alemania guys play hard and clean but it was all one way traffic with the ref today as every call seemed to go Alemania's way. Didn't impact the result but by the end we were very frustrated...very inconsistent :(

mightymouse

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
IFC Polonia vs PCOV "A" - watched a good match. Even at the end of the first half although dominated by Polonia. PCOV keeper kept them in it. A goal within the first few minutes in the 2nd half kept the momentum in Polonia's favour. Added another soon after. In despiration PCOV gave it a good last 10 minutes, almost even scoring if it wasn't for the excellent save by the polonia keeper.

Rednecked Ranger

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch our for DPRangers. We have revamped and should be 3-0 if it weren't for a brutal call by the ref in the game vs. Alemania. Looking forward to handing Richmond a loss in a few weeks.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rednecked Ranger said:
Watch our for DPRangers. We have revamped and should be 3-0 if it weren't for a brutal call by the ref in the game vs. Alemania. Looking forward to handing Richmond a loss in a few weeks.

Good luck with that. You're gonna need it. If we continue to gel and improve at the rate that we're going now, you won't even touch us. ;)

What's the scoop on Alemania? Do they look like a div 1 side, or just another good div 2 team?

Keeper, we know you don't play for us, but you're more than welcome to transfer over if you like. If you're the same guy we played against a couple years ago, your minutes will probably be limited. But we could always use another guy to manage the beer sales post-game. PM me if you're interested. :D

TS

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, looks like I was right about one out of the two predictions - unfortunately, it was the DP Rangers game and not ours. C-men 0 Norvan 4 Three red cards for us including one for yours truly. The ref was a f***. But really we have only ourselves to blame. Despite playing well in the first half (0-0 score), we got distracted by some non-calls and kinda fell apart in the second. Guess it's off to eight rinks on Thursday night...JBs are a good team and playing against such a team makes apparent some things we have to work on, which we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts