Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Feb-Mar, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weather has put the season on ice for a bit but some rain this week should see the turf fields freed up for some action. The most notable game will be Green Devils vs Westside @ Pt Grey, a must win for both teams in their push for first place in the tightly contested 2C.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most notable game will be Green Devils vs Westside @ Pt Grey.

What's up with this game? On the "This Week's Schedule" page it is listed at Point Grey @ 6pm on Saturday but on the Div 2C Schedule page it is listed as Kensington @ 2pm on Saturday. Is the Point Grey listing in case Kensington is closed?

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 4 Los Diablos Verde 4

First off a) to see uncle john roll up to the field to ref this game of major implications one has to shake their head b) who schedule's a cup game before a league game (game went to ot and ours got pushed back a good 30-45 mins c) we were missing our goalie and 2 midfielders which is never a good thing.

on to the game;
Both teams passing the ball well and moving it around then we give up a freekick outside and their #19 slots it home. Two defensive f&*^ ups and were down 3-0 and still applying some pressure of our own just no good results for us. Second half starts and much the same as the first pressure both ways then they give up a kick outside the 18. Yours truly sends one in close to goal goalie muffs it we capitalize 3-1. 2 mins later tick tack toe 3-2 . 5 mins later bingo bango bongo 3-3 and their is still about 20 left to play. The greenies were reeling a bit after our offensive explosion , although they pulled through and started to get more chances of their own. Legendkiller was in the pipes for the second and made some timely saves for us when called upon. With about 10 left they cross one , everyone watches as we leave a man wide open back post for the easy head in 4-3 them. Last minute heroics time as with about three left we get a corner on the rattler's favourite side. Goalie was off the line a bit too much and the rattler makes him pay as I swing it in back post over the keeper and above their defender covering the far post right into the old onion bag directly off the corner. Some brief attempts for both teams in the dying seconds but the game ends the way it should of 4-4. # 19 & # 14 for the diablos verde had great games as their shots were always well struck and on target and this one should be a dandy of a rematch at hillcrest in a couple of weeks. Seeing as how that's the most i've probably typed since grade 12 english lit. I am out , Los Diablos Verde good game rematch will be even better. cheers , the Rattler

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now i know what AC Milan feels like! looking forward to the rematch and hope it's not on mogulgomery park that great westside pitch. i guess gn sporting is loving the result the door is open for them now....

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who schedule's a cup game before a league game (game went to ot and ours got pushed back a good 30-45 mins c)

Awwww, are you ok? Not 30-45 minutes! I would file a protest. Is your league game between the 2nd and 3rd placed division 2C teams SO important that the league should stand up, take notice and not schedule you behind a CUP game involving two other teams in your same division? Get over yourselves and good luck catching 1st place so you can then get in a round robin playoff for promotion...

;)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
it could be worse...

Dexterity FC 0 - 18 Desmesh..

Holy WTF?????

is this a record...

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Handcramp (a.k.a. bandcamp) ;

I was not having a moan I was only stating that we should have been scheduled before you lot as a good 1/3 of the cup games usually go into overtime and the league for some reason enjoys doing such wonderful scheduling (also read note c) as we had one of vmsl's finest calling the game. As for getting over myself monsieur le Handcramp I look forward to meeting you down the road in the cup where the only thing i'll be getting over is how come I only scored 2 today.

:D

cheers Handcramp

The Rattler

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for spelling out that Handcramp was actually referring to Bandcamp as I never would have figured that out...good one.

You have reason to moan about Father John for your game but get to Div 1 and then complain if he shows up - he won't.

So if you weren't having a moan about being scheduled after us then what were you doing? My interpretation is that a) was a moan about John being your ref; b) was a moan about your super important mid-table ;) league game being scheduled behind a cup game that statistics prove could go to overtime; c) was a moan about missing some guys...a first in this league/thread.

That post was like Moaney M :D

sounds like something the rattler might say

See you in the cup hopefully so I can witness the shock and awe of your wonderful corner kicks! :D

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Monsieur le Camp ;

Although it may sound like Moaney M all it was doing was stating facts there my friend. If there is only one or two league games scheduled get them out of the way first and let the cup have at 'er since lord knows when they might end as was the case in your game and a couple others around the league. As for witnessing the corners it has been accomplished more than once just ask the Bombastic lads. Last time we were in their group one went in against their A team and then 2 weeks later same goal same field (David Lam) against their B team in cup play. A few others here and there but I rattler not gloat about it , good luck to you and yours in future rounds maybe we'll see ya at the cooler soon.

cheers , the Rattler

p.s. On a side note I heard Bill Belichick flew in to coach Desmesh for their game versus Dexterity .

:confused:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Rattler think you would gloat about it...

As for cup play being played in amongst league play - it's been that way forever. Right, wrong, whatever...that's the way they roll.

See you old farts at the cooler.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 1 - Kosovo 1

Definitely one of our weakest games of the year. Ugly. But I guess interest seriously wanes at the end of the year post Cup.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 : UBC 3
Nothing to take away from UBC, they played a solid game and will be better next year, they capitaliZed on all of their chances, a penalty in a 2nd minute, an own goal (it looked like it) and a 2 on 1 with 3 mins remaining.
We on the other hand just couldn't finish, should have had at least 5 goals in the first half. It was about 70% posetion by us. Oh well. Now to trash the ref a bit...
I don't do this very often by OMFG, the Lad with some sort of a brit accent that reminded me of Mary F'in Popipns, must live in a Red brick house with Yellow paint walls. I've seen father john ref better games. This goof came to us telling us to get the field ready and he wants to start as soon as he can cuz he has got a game at 5pm, never mind the fact that there was a girl game going till 1:55 You could tell that this guy is going to be a prick just cuz of the way he was carrying him self. The first half saw at least 8 yellows, i lost count, it was for the crapiest shiz i've seen, a light push from the back and this was on the UBC guy. I'm not even gonna talk about that penalty shot cuz the UBC guys were just as shocked to see that they got one. Anyways one of our guys got a red 10 mins before the end for telling the ref it was a 50 50 ball (and he said it in the politest manner i've seen anyone say it) just f'in horrible.....the game also saw watcher come on the field and even see him run a few yards, he was +3 for having us score 2 with him on field but gets bonus 5 for not having a coffee before the game.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i forgot the mention that the ref had his date sitting behind one of the goals throught out the game and then dissapeared as soon as he blew the whistle.....

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Grapefruit League play, it was PGR 2 - Shaheen 2. Game was kind of overshadowed by a brutal injury to our left back who landed awkwardly and really messed up his leg. Crazy looking injury that left him screaming for a few minutes til the ambulance arrived and he could suck some gas. Game on after the 30 minute delay and it was a clean game with a few good chances on either end.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overshadowed is right...and here's hoping PM has a full recovery. Tough as nails and sad to see him lying there. Thanks to Shaheen for their class. #8 their captain is quality off the pitch and on.

troecollier

Mar 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My husband plays for Dexterity. There were 8 guys at that game, and only 7 the week after. I agree it was kind of unsportsman-like of the other team. They had an obvious advantage of players, plus the fact that Dexterity has yet to win a game as they are a team of a bunch of first time league players. But the guys that do go out have decided to just have fun no matter what the score. The game the next weekend was 1-19 Vs. Vancouver Stars, same kind of thing, but the guys were so impressed that they managed to score a goal with only 7 guys on the field (including a goalie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0