Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Deuce said:
Gurps......

Fraser Wood School....??????

Is that school at 108th ave and 164th.... In Surrey???

Help out your buddy??

Thanks Gurpseeeee

Deuce, very close.

The address is 10650-164 Street Surrey.

Not sure if the game will be on yet, as that area tends to get alot of snow. :confused:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Never mind, just got word that the field is closed by the city. So no game. :(

Looks like all the Surrey fields will be closed.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Never mind, just got word that the field is closed by the city. So no game. :(

Looks like all the Surrey fields will be closed.

That sucks...

Thanks for the update Gurps....

Deucy

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I can't tell you how disapointed I am. I'm able to get access to the internet well ahead of my regularly scheduled Tuesday & Thursday night postings, only to find that there's been no mention yet of yesterday's City FC Tragedy in Tswassen.

Quite honestly, honestly, BlazeArmy & the bunch deserved a lot more than the loss they went home with, but, on the other hand, Westside did really well to battle back and not give up after going down 1:0 with little more than 15 minutes left. The boys worked their asses off to tie it up -- and I never thought that we may get the winner.

. . . . kids are back from recess. Gotta go . . .

~Humming Zepplin's "Heartbreaker" :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Keeper,

I'm still bitter.

We cme out real well yesterday, the guys were working hard for each other and we moved the ball around and played some soccer instead of trying to kick guys into next week. Other than the last 10 minutes i thought the flow and direction of the game really favored us. WFC seemed a bit shocked that we came out and played the way we did. They seemed very frustrated by the Wembley like conditions of our home park and made a bunch of passes right to the feet of our players. Keeper made some excellent saves and in the end i think WFC has him to thank for the 3 points.

John was a zoo yesterday, i had no idea what he was calling some of the times and both teams were pretty frustrated by him. Although Westside took the worst of the crapola calls.

Also, it's Tsawwassen.

(Saw - Was- Sent but the T goes to the front) :D

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to love the victory in the dying seconds of the game.....perhaps you brought the Westside-Blaze curse with you!!!!!! You didn't even look us in the eyes when we were shaking hands!! Full credit to City for giving us a great game. If you did that every weekend you would find yourselves at the top of the pack.

:bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the Sikh vs. Wick game. Too bad Wick decided to show up in the second half of the season. Their record surely doesn't reflect their team's play.

Does anyone have any comments or predictions on how the Cat teams....Cat A side to be precise will do in cup play? I know last year Cat teams got the piss taken out of them in the TTP and rightly so for some teams.

-Hummer

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm back from vacation and am quite disapointed to see two lossed for BFC Classic. We are now becomign the bottom dwellers all have predicted.

We will change our ways this weekend with a fully inspired hat trick from myself. there is my prediction.

With all that beer I drank in Aruba I'm sure I should be able to put away three after the game opposed to my usual brace. ;)

As for the game I have no clue. I don't know who we have available to play this weekend as I have heard we have quite a few injuries.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Hummer, what you hear is true. Last cup run the TTP Div. 2 pages were full of choo-chooing from the NK boys and the others in 2 A,B, and C. We went the furthest but got spanked to Signmaster. I think, and hope, that the cat teams will put more of a fight up this season. WFC and westside have some good talent that should give the others a good run. Maybe even City and RUFC. I don't want the NK train coming out again.

On a side note we took down the mighty irish and the weekend. Can't say either team came out with their best but we'll take the win.

With our Ateam getting into some card trouble and a couple of guys, yours truely, not showing up this weekend, it should be a perfect chance for some of our under 21's to kick some ass.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devo said:
WFC and westside have some good talent that should give the others a good run. Maybe even City and RUFC. I don't want the NK train coming out again.

Don't count out Sikh Temple in the cup. We have been inconsistent so far this season, mainly due to our first season playing together with this new team. A few more league games for us to mesh, and I think we may make some noise. I would never put City Rangers in front of us, we took the piss out of them for 90mins.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT was not represented well at all last year but always has a few teams that could win the whole thing if they get going. All four semi-finalists last year were non CAT teams (NK, Signmaster, Belmont and Royals - now in div 1) and the three that are still in div 2 will all compete again.

Thought that Westside and Surrey losing early last year was the TSN turning point...upsets by average div 2 teams. That's why they play the games :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Sikh has a good chance in cup if they can get a home field draw. Opposing teams will be lucky if 11 of their players can find there way out to Fraser Wood School.... Why the heck did you guys move all the way out there? You've been at Kensington for years...

grumpyaboutthelongdrivethissaturday

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
CAT was not represented well at all last year but always has a few teams that could win the whole thing if they get going. All four semi-finalists last year were non CAT teams (NK, Signmaster, Belmont and Royals - now in div 1) and the three that are still in div 2 will all compete again.

Thought that Westside and Surrey losing early last year was the TSN turning point...upsets by average div 2 teams. That's why they play the games :)

According to your logic, that explains how an average team like our belovedly mediocre Belmont got to the semi-final. :)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
I think Sikh has a good chance in cup if they can get a home field draw. Opposing teams will be lucky if 11 of their players can find there way out to Fraser Wood School.... Why the heck did you guys move all the way out there? You've been at Kensington for years...

grumpyaboutthelongdrivethissaturday

The majority of our players live in Surrey now. Kensington would be better for me, as I live close to there, but the team and the club is now looking to move all the teams out to Surrey, due to our player base. In fact, next year, our "A" team will most likely also be playing out of Surrey also.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The div 2 Cup runs from CAT Teams will come from WFC Rangers, Rino and possibly RFC. THe rest of the teams in our group have been too inconsistant and plain and simply woudl have to get lucky.

On the B Div side Romania could be interesting. I think their poor defence will cost them but a favorable draw could help them.

I really hoped our side could put together a little run for a couple of rounds but injuries, lads with wives having babies and players moving out of town has decimated our depth from the A Team down. We will be pressed to win a round. Our A team may be gelling at the right time though.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone seen Romania play? Are they young or old? Do they CAT with their masters team? Does everyone else in CAT 2B just have poor defence?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamponlypostswhenhewins said:
According to your logic, that explains how an average team like our belovedly mediocre Belmont got to the semi-final. :)

Sweet handle bandcamponlypostswhenhewins! Can we get it changed to bandcamponlypostswhenhewinstiesorloses? Thanks in advance.

My point WAS that Surrey and Westside COULD have done some damage but were knocked out by under dogs. I don't recall any of the 4 semi-finalists being the teams that did the knocking off...only beating those teams that had already done the damage. Unicorns come to mind I think?

Belmont is mediocre but we are in div 2 so isn't that an appropriate place for mediocrity? Are you on an unbelievable team you want to tell me about? Is it NK Hrvatska? Those guys are AMAZING :confused:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
Has anyone seen Romania play? Are they young or old? Do they CAT with their masters team? Does everyone else in CAT 2B just have poor defence?

I only know this from our other CAT team. They have very quick skilled strikers and a few of the same in the midfield. This is what makes them dangerous. Their defence is a good offence.

Two other teams to consider are Surry UTD (I know nothing of them) and Ravens. Not a bad side.

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Sweet handle
Belmont is mediocre but we are in div 2 so isn't that an appropriate place for mediocrity? Are you on an unbelievable team you want to tell me about? Is it NK Hrvatska? Those guys are AMAZING :confused:

As to my identity, I think it's time you asked your team mates, and try to be nice when you ask. I'd suggest you approach guys individually, maybe try to get on their good side...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0